It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelism: An Alternative Idea about Creation and Intelligent Design

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hello,

Below follows a brief introduction to Raelism.

Realism is the belief that the world... indeed creation itself, originated from an alien race. The story and history is laid out below.
Your belief is your own of course. The story is intriguing nonetheless.

What is Raelism?

The Raelian Movement was founded in 1974, a few months after the encounter between Rael, its founder, and one of the Elohim, the scientists who created us. Since its inception, it has grown steadily and now has more than 100,000 members in over 120 countries. Approximately 300 of those members are Guides, who lead the activities of the Movement in accordance with the directives of Rael, the current Guide of Guides.

Who is Rael?

At the age of 27, on the morning of December 13, 1973, while he was still running his successful racing-car magazine, RAEL had an extraordinary encounter with a human being from another planet, at a volcano park in the center of France, known as “Puy de Lassolas”. This extra-terrestrial gave him a new detailed explanation of our origins and information on how to organize our future, as recorded in the book: Intelligent Design. After six consecutive meetings in the same location, Rael accepted the mission given to him, to inform humanity of this revolutionary message and to prepare mankind to welcome their Creators, the Elohim, without any mysticism or fear, but as conscious and grateful human beings. After a few months considering this huge task, Rael almost developed a stomach ulcer before finally deciding to give up his much-loved career as a sports-car journalist and devote himself fully to the task assigned to him by Yahweh – the extraterrestrial whom he met. Within the year following the encounter, he managed to print the book reporting about the event and appeared on two of the main TV and Radio shows in France, announcing a public conference. This first public conference held in Paris on September 19, 1974, attracted more than 2000 people. Shortly after, he founded the association MADECH – a group of people interested in helping him in his huge task- that would later become the Raelian Movement. By the end of the year 1974, the association counted 170 members. They are now more than 100,000 members in over 120 countries.

The message from ET

Extraterrestrials Created All Life On Earth
Ancient writings and traditions worldwide tell us that intelligent and powerful beings came to Earth in vehicles from the sky. The words used to describe those events were what any pre-technological culture would use to describe contact with technologically advanced beings.

Now that we have entered the age of science ourselves, we can understand how life can be scientifically (rather than mystically) created by a highly advanced race.

The Message From the Designers relates the extraordinary message revealed to Maitreya Rael by a human being from just such an advanced, extraterrestrial civilization. Those searching for evidence of extraterrestrial life need look no further than in humanity’s most revered ancient text. The “Elohim,” as they were known in the original Hebrew Bible (or as “Anunnaki”, “Brahma”, “Shiva”, “Vishnu” in other religious texts), deliberately created all life on Earth through highly advanced science.

In essence, Raelism is a religion, embracing the idea that extraterrestrials came to Earth and "planted" human kind here. It is an apparently contrived creation of mankind and offers an alternative to the commonly perceived origin of life and history.

I personally do not necessarily subscribe to this, but I am interested in other members' opinion and input regarding this belief system.

NSFW Warning: The background images of the site linked below contain some nudity and may not be suitable and/or acceptable for some.

Raelism

edit on 13-10-2021 by Kreeate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

Weren't the Raelians the heaven's gate folks?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Nope, that was a completely different "religion" or cult led by Bonnie Nettles and Marshall Applewhite.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Close enough .

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Close enough .

Care to elaborate on that similarity please?

Also, are you blind?

Nope, that was a completely different "religion" or cult led by Bonnie Nettles and Marshall Applewhite.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They were around before Ancient Aliens was around. I’ve always been intrigued with this group.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
They were around before Ancient Aliens was around. I’ve always been intrigued with this group.

Yep, founded in 1974 apparently. Certainly not ancient, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Whilst this theory certainly has credibility I am always sceptical of any one person claiming to have been contacted by superior beings (whether that be ET, angels, God etc.) and founding an organisation around themselves and their alleged contact.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Whilst this theory certainly has credibility I am always sceptical of any one person claiming to have been contacted by superior beings (whether that be ET, angels, God etc.) and founding an organisation around themselves and their alleged contact.

I agree with your analysis. No single person has this knowledge. Any claims to it should be scrutinized.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

Close enough .

Also, are you blind?

No.
Just knowledgeable on subjects .
And I have a low tolerance for outright bull____ .
(I remember them from the 70s . Even us hippies new "kooks" when we seen them)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

Close enough .

Also, are you blind?

No.
Just knowledgeable on subjects .
And I have a low tolerance for outright bull____ .
(I remember them from the 70s . Even us hippies new "kooks" when we seen them)

Whilst I appreciate your tolerance for bull____, the subject matter and your analogy does not quite match.
If you have knowledge about this particular subject, kindly give your informed input, in as much detail as you could muster please.

Thank you for your contribution nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've read about them before they have a good positive message they aren't the dooms day sort communal free love living is the vibe I get with them embracing that there are aliens already here blended with humans and look for the positive... Of course tabloids and what they have done with those stories and beliefs is of course paint horror stories since there really wasn't any... so twisting that is how others were slicing a pie getting some for themselves in old old fashioned capitalism.

I'm an anal prude from my family I don't know if that's traditional or not but that was the result. Those that have gotten to live a bit freer to be them-self probably think I need a lot of work.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
I've read about them before they have a good positive message they aren't the dooms day sort communal free love living is the vibe I get with them embracing that there are aliens already here blended with humans and look for the positive... Of course tabloids and what they have done with those stories and beliefs is of course paint horror stories since there really wasn't any... so twisting that is how others were slicing a pie getting some for themselves in old old fashioned capitalism.

I'm an anal prude from my family I don't know if that's traditional or not but that was the result. Those that have gotten to live a bit freer to be them-self probably think I need a lot of work.

Thank you for your post. Considering some of your other posts, I will guess that this one is perhaps... erm... "inspired"?
Thank you all the same though.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'm just saying I haven't gotten someone should fly or run away from them all Darwin style... I researched A lot of so called "cults" anything not an old orthodox religion is often painted as such a thing and they are right for doing so... back in the 70's A lot of people got tossed into culthood and didn't deserve it; The Realiens I like the auditory play on words BTW got lumped but haven't ever displayed themselves being a cult and that's really a good thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

I'm just saying I haven't gotten someone should fly or run away from them all Darwin style... I researched A lot of so called "cults" anything not an old orthodox religion is often painted as such a thing and they are right for doing so... back in the 70's A lot of people got tossed into culthood and didn't deserve it; The Realiens I like the auditory play on words BTW got lumped but haven't ever displayed themselves being a cult and that's really a good thing.

Again, thank you for your post. Your input is always valuable and it contributes to this issue.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm reading the free ebook available on their website.

Fascinating.

It's like reading about all the insights I've had in my meditations over the course of my entire life.

Nice to see things explained so simply by an author more talented at writing than myself.

Still on the first chapter though.

I'll report back as I get deeper into it.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm reading the free ebook available on their website.

Fascinating.

It's like reading about all the insights I've had in my meditations over the course of my entire life.

Nice to see things explained so simply by an author more talented at writing than myself.

Still on the first chapter though.

I'll report back as I get deeper into it.

I will suggest caution of course. The subject mater is certainly interesting and I am interested to see informed opinions.

edit on 13-10-2021 by Kreeate because: correction

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I always read such material with a great deal of caution.

So far it resonates, with the focus being on atomic energy that was popular at the time it was written.

I'm more of a Quantum type of person so it's interesting from a Historical Perspective and modernization of the Ancient Text.

I wonder if they have any updates or if we're still "too primitive" to understand a modern retelling of the retelling.

Still, very fascinating read.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
UPDATE:

While deeper into the book, I searched for some Raelian links and came across this insight into the "movement".

Apparently, they're a Hedonistic Sex Cult now.

Raelian UFO Cult

I'm ascetic, so I am not interested in pursuing the pleasures of the flesh.

Guess I'll stay abstinent but with new insights.

No interest in joining that malarkey.

Such a shame, because this ebook is such a fascinating read otherwise.

edit on 10/13/21 by GENERAL EYES because: added forgotten link

<<   2 >>

join