It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just SHUT UP...and take my money!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So I guess some Dominican singer (who I've never heard of) had his $3M Bugatti Chiron catch on fire (cause is being investigated as arson). Don't know anything about the guy, the car, nor the incident, but what did catch my eye was some of the statistics at the end of the article.

The car, a Bugatti "Chiron" **can't believe spell-check didn't flag this**, costs $3M dollars.

A simple oil change (req'd every 6 months or 10k miles, whichever comes first) costs $25,000 dollars **shocked look**

New wheels (also req'd every 6 months or 10k miles) cost $12,500 per EACH! New wheels? Really??? **jaw drops**

New tires, full set, (also req'd when you change wheels) cost anywhere from $2,000 - $10,500 per EACH! **THUD!**

This singer's burned out car is now selling at auction for the "unbelievably low price" of $345,000. But even after spending several "hundred" thousand dollars to repair it, you're still going to have to pay another another $117,000 to the dealer just to drive it for 6 months, and another $234,000 per year after that to keep it on the road!

Just SHUT UP...and take my money, would ya???

Why in the World would anyone buy one of these cars??? A new Corvette will go damn near as fast and only costs 1/30th the cost of this car!

What am I missing here?

Burned Bugatti Chiron

edit on 10/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
What would be the reason for changing the wheels? Tyres, OK, if you're heavy on acceleration and braking, but wheels?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think it's all relative, we all have things that we overpaid for compared to similarly performing alternatives but we bought them nonetheless. When you have FU money I guess a $3m car is like the kooks who spend way too much on a range. Know a couple people who did that?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL...yeah!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Even the best (if most expensive=best) are only a hundred grand. Man, that thing would sure spruce up the ol' kitchen!

As for the Bugatti, I'm with FCD. I'll take the Vette.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

My kids would just love to boilover mac and cheese all over that range.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: ColeYounger

My kids would just love to boilover mac and cheese all over that range.

I hear ya. And I can just see myself making a grilled cheese on that baby.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Even the best (if most expensive=best) are only a hundred grand. Man, that thing would sure spruce up the ol' kitchen!

I was speaking more relatively. A regular range will be less than $1,000. Some wacko that reno's his own kitchen might spend just a touch more.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Meh! Buy an old volks and install a kit to make a Bugatti Chiron with it.

Not as fast, I concede, but it will cost way less than a Corvette, and it will probably last a life time.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's no joke that luxury vehicles take an exhorbant amount of money just for basic maintenance. People who have more money than brains easily open their wallets for toys like this. A concept I've never been able to wrap my head around. My 1000 dollar car gets me where I need to go and that's all that matters.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It’s expensive to keep up a race car. The tires are probably an extremely soft compound to grip the road, wears out quickly. All the rest of the high priced maintenance is probably BS.

I suppose it could be a chick magnet. Otherwise I’d rather drive my Ford Super Duty.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It is just an ultra luxury hyper car.

Rapper/Singer T-Pain had one... he jokes about when he decided to sell it over the maintenance. This was like 10 years ago when they cost about $1 million..

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Here you go. Some info on the Bugatti. It is a little long, but the way they make these things is pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Chiron existed in Greek mythology as a centaur. Also, the automobile market is completely insane and unless you negotiate heavily or find something you can fix yourself that is at a discount due to a bad transmission or something you'll never get ahead.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The annual maintenance cost to just have it sitting in a garage is north of a hundred grand… still can’t say that if my economic situation was different I wouldn’t own one.

new topics

top topics

join