It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real life example of why DEI is wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
DEI, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. On the surface, that sounds good. Inclusion being the best of the three. Diversity is also good. We in the USA, have a nation built of diversity. We have an entire country built by immigrants. We have evolved from embracing slavery, to abolishing it, and working daily towards a more inclusive world. In the not so distant past, we were making tangible headway towards the idea that racism was for idiots, and judging others based on appearance alone, was ignorant.

Fast forward to 2021, and we have groups actively teaching children that color IS the determining factor in success and failure. We have gone so far that in the 2019 presidential election, the Vice Presidential candidate was chosen because of her gender, and her skin color. Her background, record, accomplishments all were mediocre at best, and nowhere near the level needed to provide a resume worthy of the second highest position in the nation. That isn't to say that a woman, a woman of color, or any other external qualification would not be a good choice for that job, just that this person in particular wasn't a good fit. If you question that, look at her accomplishments to date in her current role. Crickets. A cackle, and more crickets. She is the single most well placed individual to insulate Biden from being impeached and removed.

We see this in another choice made specifically for the outward appearance in the Assistant Health secretary. Rachel Levine. A transgender man who believes himself to be a woman. No crime there, he/she can be and believe herself to be whomever, or whatever she whishes. This is America and we offer that freedom to all. But that alone doesn't qualify a person to hold such a high ranking position. Experience, job ability, and willingness to adapt to changing situations is what should be looked at. Now it's possible that this person does have all the qualities needed for this position, but the way this was presented, makes the appearance be that he/she was chosen due to the transgender quality alone. Much like VP Harris being picked because she was a woman of color.

We have collectively taken this way too far. Hiring based on merit, based on qualifications for the job, used to be the key reasons for hiring. Those key factors made it possible for companies to thrive and compete with other companies at the highest levels. But if you hire Ronald McDonald to be the Health minister, and put Bozo the clown in charge of the economy, it's hard to complain that it seems like clowns are running things. We hired clowns simply because they had big shoes and red noses. They are clowns. What do you expect?

Racism is dumb. Not everyone is perfect for every job. Everyone is capable of doing their best, and nobody should be turned away based on their outward appearance. But we need to move back to common sense being a factor in our daily decisions. We don't all get a trophy. The winner does. Don't like it, work harder than the winner does and try again. Opportunity is the only thing any of us should be concerned with. Results, not excuses.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Democrat policies are total ass backwards and create hundreds of new separate Human categories every year all while screaming about equality and equity 🚨😃🚨

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We in the USA, have a nation built of diversity.

Look at the current state of our politics and the only thing we've built is a state of bigotry and hatred.

A diverse state should also have diverse opinions.

Enter cancel culture.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Fast forward to 2021, and we have groups actively teaching children that color IS the determining factor in success and failure.

In doctrination.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is ridiculous…you slap a John Smith name right next to VP Harris resume and it would be a glowing resume for him.

You might disagree with her politics which is totally fine but you can’t question her resume. Their are a lot of I’ll qualified politicians on the left and right. VP Harris isn’t one of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

On the stewardship of the nation and protection of Americans her qualifications are woefully lacking. Resume notwithstanding.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

This is ridiculous…you slap a John Smith name right next to VP Harris resume and it would be a glowing resume for him.

You might disagree with her politics which is totally fine but you can’t question her resume. Their are a lot of I’ll qualified politicians on the left and right. VP Harris isn’t one of them.

Do you agree with her track record of massively incarcerating people of color for minor drug offenses...

or is there some other reason that you feel she is "qualified"?
edit on 13-10-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This is a uniquely western problem. I watched a vid on Reddit last night of a Chinese national, wearing his company jacket, beating an African who was late to work. He took extra care to position the blows across the mans face for ultimate shame. Do you think the autists at Reddit will appeal to the Chinese government to put a stop to this?

Diversity makes America stronger. We know this, we were taught this, we have all seen it in action. There is no doubt or question, and only the most stupid among us question that or have questioned that. I don't think we need to educate people on things that are obvious. The marketplace of ideas distills these things pretty well.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hint:

There's a reason she only got 2% of the DNC primary vote.

And couldn't even win her home State.

She sucks, literally and figuratively.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

List her 10 best accomplishments that benefitted at least 80% of the Citizens.

(verified and proved only please, not bulls#t red herrings) 🤣

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think your mistake is assuming these people are in positions of leadership. They are not.

They are actors being cast in a role. Appearance and perception is what is important, not ability, qualifications, or skills. They are not really in charge of anything. They just read scripts and take direction.

If you're making a Mission: Impossible movie, you don't need an MMA fighter with a 190 IQ, you just need someone who looks like they can play the part.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Im going to be forthcoming: i have only my own experience and anecdotes here. But I do live near Austin, so its not like im in a deep red area, and get exposure to all manner of people. The only positive you ever hear about Kamala is her race and her gender. You don't see people referencing her achievements, other than her landing a job. Her performance in that job is never referenced, unless you talk to the right.

You are right. You cannot question that resume. Its stellar. But if you DO question it, you find that she was inadqueate, demonstrably, at every level. There is a reason why the people who support her don't want to question that resume. The folks on the right can tell you what those reasons are, since the ones on the left like to hide ugly toes and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

others have asked the big question already, so there is no need for that. But remember, she couldn't get more than 2% among HER OWN PARTY. And it was clearly stated that Biden needed to choose "a woman of color" for a running mate. Warren looked a bit pale, and her ancestry seemed 1-1024th sketchy, so Harris it was. I feel like if Yang would have decided he identified as a woman, he might have gotten the nod, but that ship has sailed.

I do look forward to seeing her Vice Presidential accomplishments thus far listed out.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I’m one of those that didn’t vote for her in the primary. Not because I didn’t thought she was qualified but because I thought that Joe Biden was more qualified.

Que in triggered conservatives in 3,2,1… lol

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I’m one of those that didn’t vote for her in the primary. Not because I didn’t thought she was qualified but because I thought that Joe Biden was more qualified.

how are you feeling about that choice now?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Very well actually. Things are going great on my end. But then again I don’t let the coming and goings of our politics dictate my state of being. Is a sad life to live when you are triggered on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Everyone should be treated equally. Unfortunately in the past they were not, and in the present they are not. Future doesn't look too promising either.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

this is fascinating. So you feel Biden is doing a good job as President?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Its pretty clear you are impressed with resume over accomplishments, talent and integrity.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ummm...do you recall those two glaring words right under where it says member...in your avatar box...?

I didn't thought so...

Deny Ignorance...indeed...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join