It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's NT goes mandatory vaccine bonkers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So, the game of "I can tread on my constituents better than you" continues in Australia.

The Chief Minister of the NT (My home territory) has brought in some of the harshest Covid rules in the country, possibly in the world.

Australia's strictest vax mandates

To quote

Chief Minister Michael Gunner said employees who interacted with the public needed to get least one Covid-19 jab by November 13 or they wouldn’t be allowed back to work and faced a $5000 fine.

The new directions apply to:

- Employees at all jobs that involve interacting with members of the public. For example: hospitality, banking, retail, supermarket, receptionists, hairdressers and beauty therapists

- Workers who come into direct contact with people at risk of severe illness from Covid-19, like Aboriginal people or those who can't be vaccinated

- Employees who work in a high-risk setting where there is a known risk of Covid-19 transmission or outbreak

- People who perform work in essential infrastructure, food or essential good security or supply, or logistics

The direction also includes a provision that mandates booster shots for those workers in the future.

Now, this list isn't a true representation of what they've decreed. In the press conference he elaborated on the above with "....essentially, if you work in a job where you may come into contact with an at risk person, whether you are aware or not, you must be vaccinated" (The article doesn't include this quote, that's taken from the presser I watched)

Reading between the lines, every single person in the NT will be required to get the shots as you won't be able to know if your going to be in contact with an at risk person or not. If you don't there goes your ability to work, earn and provide for your family, oh and cough up $5,000.

Another disturbing revelation is;

Employers will be allowed to request proof of vaccination of staff and will be required to keep a register of the vaccination status of all employees.

So your employer is now required to hold a copy of your medical information. While it's only your "Covid vax status" it's a slippery slope to more erosion of your private data.

Now, an interesting point for those unaware of the Aussie political system in regards to the NT. The NT isn't considered a state, therefore any decision it makes can be overruled at the federal level. It has self governance to a point, but not like the actual states where the federal government doesn't have any direct powers. The tin foil hat wearing side of me see's this as the testing ground for the Federal government to mandate this on a wider scale.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So even if an unvaccinated person where to decide to drop out of the labor market before the deadline they can still be fined $5,000 just for having been employed before the deadline?

Or is the $5,000 for those who continue to work past the deadline while not vaccinated?
edit on 12-10-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BalderAsir

Got pitchforks?
Got tar and feathers?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When do you think people will start going out with a bang?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Those who push for further stricter mandates are they themselves vaccinated while they push everyone else?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And for a bit of perspective;

That's right. There are apparently only 7 people in hospital in the NT with CV19 issues, non of whom are in ICU.

Your man Gunner is an unhinged Marxist totalitarian psychopath.

Hospital Link

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So the $5,000 fine is only if you work past that 30th Nov deadline without your first shot minimum.

@Hawkeyi, those who are making those mandates are vaxxed. I know the current theory is that most politicians are only getting a shot for show, eg saline solution, but the pollies in the NT aren't that smart so i'd be confident that they are getting the real deal.

@myselfaswell even that graph is misleading. The 7 people in hospital with C19 symptoms are all from over seas repatriation flights. The NT has never has a single locally acquired case. Darwin international airport is the processing point for any inbound repatriation flight so it makes sense there will be C19 positive cases from those flights, but every single person on those flights goes into 14 days mandatory quarantine at the Howard Springs Facility. We've only ever had 1 scare of a person who was in the community whilst "infectious" with the delta variant, but no one caught it from that person.

@iwanttobelieve70 probably won't. There will be push back and protests i'm sure, but violence or going out with a bang, I just don't see that happening honestly.

But Yes, Gunner is off his rocker.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You're a nation founded by criminals.

Maybe it's time to get back to your roots...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Soon very soon now. I remember a mate who lived in the Northern territory saying that, His neighbour was on nightshift, and the guy started mowing his lawn, he got up told him he was working nights and to please stop as he needed sleep. After he went back to bed the guy just started to mow the lawn again, So he went out with his gun and shot him in the head. They call it Tropo.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Man during the buildup (now) people go mental. The oppressive heat and humidty sees people go troppo for sure. Especially people who've never been through a buildup before, its a massive shock.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Got pitchforks?
Got tar and feathers?

I'd be a little harsher, but I follow your meaning ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So if you are a supermarket shut the doors and only do curbside, No direct contact. Should cut down on the shoplifting.

Seems a shame all the people on the frontline risked catching from the public are now going to get fired and fined for risking their lives mingling with the public.

The next step is fining you for being in the company of someone when unvaccinated anywhere.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

eg saline solution, but the pollies in the NT aren't that smart so i'd be confident that they are getting the real deal.

Will our dear leaders and polticans appear on TV every six months for a booster shots? i doubt it.
I am not very confident when they themselves are pushing it heavily.

Giving people and those who have medical history no options.

edit on 12-10-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Considering how desperate and attention seeking our Chief Minister and our Health Minister are for the NT, I would 100% expect them to go live on TV getting their boosters.

Those 2 are complete puppets and will do anything to get some TV time and attention to fill their need for public attention and validation.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So as to not type the same thing again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
When do you think people will start going out with a bang?

Northern Territorians? Not long. What season is it up there, wet or dry?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

That might be another thing, who can be stuffed checking papers when all you want to do is stay cool. Cops just want their pay, and get pissed off if they have to move around in that heat. If they get the jab, they also might be dropping along with everybody else. So in reality how enforceable is it.? They know the politicians are getting good payoffs for this. Plus they don't have to get the jab . How pissed off are the cops.?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Aside from Hong Kong if there is another country out there who needs to displace the bat sh**t crazy power hungry elitists it's the Australians.

US is a close 3rd.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Wet season started on the 1st of October officially. We've had no buildup though, so I reckon the next few months will be the "buildup"

Anonentity, the cops are pissed. After the Zach situation and how the upper brass are treating the front line guys....There's an exodus from the cops, I think we've lost 4 assistance commissioners this year already due to the political bs.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well I've just had to resign from my job at the Queensland Police Service as my exemption was denied and I was given 2 days to get vaxed or face suspension.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join