It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the terrorists even bother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sometimes I read something that makes me extraordinarily happy that I don´t live in some parts of the world. Increasingly its the USA I feel good about not living in. It seems more like a war-zone than a few real ones.

ATSNN NEWS: NRA Leader Advocates Guns for Teachers

All options should be considered to prevent rampages like the Minnesota school shooting that took 10 lives — including making guns available to teachers, a top National Rifle Association leader said Friday.

The worrying part though is not the reaction from the NRA, that´s expected. Some quotes from the replies to the story however...

The Hell with it. Let's do it. And the cost of the effort is on your head if it's your kid who goes down in a hail of bullets.

...it should fall to the individual teacher's personal choice as it is guaranteed to them in the constitution.

...the teachers at my daughter(S) school all carry heat and i have zero problem with it.

...Guns are like a condom, better to have one and not need it, then to need it and not have one.

I think if a few administrators had guns [...] the students would get the idea that the must respect the school officials.

Looks to me like the US will self-destruct soon enough if things continue the way they do. Every empire in human history has fallen under its own weight, and so will the US sooner or later. I am just surprised so many self proclaimed patriots would help along.

If I were a terrorist, I would just lean back and enjoy the show...

Good luck though. I seriously hope you manage to change the trend of solving your problems by escalating violence, but I can´t really see how.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Psychological war is happening in the United States, Flesh wars are happening in the middle east, humanitarian wars in Europe, Drug wars in South America, and power wars happening in Asia.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Enigmatic_Messiah]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So what was that reply about, anyway, Mr. Messiah who is sooo enigmatic? That reply was very mysterious.

You might want to explain it a bit more, cuz ya know, we aren't all mysterious messiahs like you are. Guess we ain't as smart as jebus is!

And the only reason "drug wars" are happening in S. America is because the U.S. has racist laws that prevent those drugs from legally entering out borders. I am sure the countries housing the drug lords would be fine having them there, as they make lots and lots of money, more to be spent, etc. We get rid of those racist laws, that "war" is taken care of, and it needs to be taken care of because it isn't working, and it will never end, just like the war on terrorism.

Back to the news article....It is chilling to think about. What are the chances the same thing is going to happen at the same school? Probably very slim. So far, most security measures have only been taken at schools after the incident happens, which is useless in most cases. Arming these teachers is just another liability, because we would have lots of people with handguns and no one other than the faculty or police to stop them. That is if the rest of the faculty decides to get those guns.

I like to hunt, and I like to shoot some pistols at my grandpa's shooting range, but that is all. I agree gekko, this country needs some serious reform when it comes to gun ownership and registration. Bush did a big mistake when he didn't renew Clinton's gun ban. The 2nd amendment is so old, that it can also be used against pro-gun people. Do you think Washington had M4's and ak's in his day? I think not.

But whatever, that is just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kompaktor
So what was that reply about, anyway, Mr. Messiah who is sooo enigmatic? That reply was very mysterious.

You might want to explain it a bit more, cuz ya know, we aren't all mysterious messiahs like you are. Guess we ain't as smart as jebus is!

And the only reason "drug wars" are happening in S. America is because the U.S. has racist laws that prevent those drugs from legally entering out borders. I am sure the countries housing the drug lords would be fine having them there, as they make lots and lots of money, more to be spent, etc. We get rid of those racist laws, that "war" is taken care of, and it needs to be taken care of because it isn't working, and it will never end, just like the war on terrorism.

Why the hate filled reply? I have done nothing to you. I have stated a summarization of the current affairs in our world at the time being. You seem to have a very biased opinion of the United States. Myself, I am from London, and find your reply disgusting in its contradiction of ideas. You blame the United States for making sure that drugs are not transported across borders but if I am not mistaken, every country has those "'Racist laws". Then you go on to state that the war on drugs and terror will never end. You say that because you are in a delusional reality influenced by media outlets. The truth is that the Cold war was a vague war and people said the same thing back then, "the war is never gonna end". The cold war is very much like the war on terror in that it could go on forever because of the vagueness of the war. It isn't red uniform against blue uniform anymore.
These wars will end because it is the will of good men to correct the deeds of evil men. And I say that even though I am an athiest.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yeah, people talking about having guns in classrooms will really destroy the good ol' US of A. Nothing like a few people's comments to tear a country apart.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD
Yeah, people talking about having guns in classrooms will really destroy the good ol' US of A. Nothing like a few people's comments to tear a country apart.

No, guns in the classroom will only kill kids, not threaten your nation directly.

Attitudes however could tear the US apart. If you constantly respond to your problems by increasing brute force, you will end up in an ever escalating spiral of violence.

Violence will never reduce the amount of violence. And if you end up in a situation where the violence is ever increasing... Well, simply put, your f-ed.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Law enforcement agencies "on the brink of shootout" over Schiavo case

Agents of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement told police in Pinellas Park [...] that they were on the way to take her to a hospital to resume her feeding.

For a brief period, local police, who have officers around the hospice to keep protesters out, prepared for what sources called a showdown.

"There were two sets of law enforcement officers facing off, waiting for the other to blink," said one official with knowledge of Thursday morning's activities. In jest, one official said local police discussed "whether we had enough officers to hold off the National Guard. "

This is what I am talking about, it's not about gun control in specific. It's that the whole attitude of the country seems to be tuned in to solving all problem with guns.

"If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword."

Edit: The above story on ATSNN

[edit on 27/3/05 by gekko]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My reply was not hate-filled, merely inquisitive, as you explained no reasoning for your statments, Mr. Messiah.

Not all other nations with those laws restricting drug use have those laws based on racism. However, here in the U.S., they are based on racism. Opium, coc aine, marajuana, and heroin used to be legal, and a lot of people would use them, it was no big deal. Then, when people in the government were trying to restrict immigration, they came up with the idea to ban opium, coc aine, marajuana, and heroin to keep out certain ethnic groups. Opium-chinese; coc aine,heroin-blacks;marajuana-hispanic. Obviously, these laws were racist in nature.

What does you being an atheist have to do with anything, anyway? Huh? Just wanna get some attention, make yourself feel special, good about yourself? "Oh! Look over here! I'm an atheist! That means I'm smart! I have to be if I'm an atheist! Hey! Pay attention to me!" That is kind of what I imagine in my head after reading that. If you haven't noticed, the good guys aren't too abundant these days. You are right, the enemies in the "war"s on terror and drugs are vague, not like in the cold war, where the enemy was communism, mainly russia and countries that russia supported. That is a lot clearer than one man in a group of 500 with a plastic sack filled with heroin up his bunghole. Or one man out of 1500 in a town that is going to blow up a cafe later that afternoon.

You think that good will prevail over "evil", just like some people think santa claus exists. For those people smuggling the drugs, and those using them, they are doing a good job, they are good people. The pigs trying to stop them are horribly evil! So who is going to triumph then? Hmm?

Our nation wishes to solve our answers with guns simply because it is the easiest way, no diplomacy involved, no intelligent conversations or what have you. Kind of like some police actions we are involved with right now. We could have thought it out a bit more before going in, but hey, what is thinking good for?

top topics

join