It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming False Flag... The next big cyberthreat isn't ransomware. It's killware.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: elementalgrove
As a follow up to your solar power statement, wife and I felt the same way. We purchased a: www.goalzero.com... 500x with the Nomad 50 folding solar panel. The 500x seems the best portability to power, to recharge time to functionality (battery tools, etc).

We are working on our light/mobile kit this year.

Thank you so much BlueJacket!!

This site is excellent, love that they have the options of breaking the payments up, lol sadly my credit/business took a hit in 2020 with the whole plannedemic shutdown.

I do like the option you are describing, affordable and vital!

Check out the lytebug , I referenced it above and think it will be great for the light/mobile kit...

prepperspeak.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I can't...

After the WEF baked event201 coincidence , which took place 4 month prior to the corona scare, i thought it wise to keep an eye on such meetings.

Aye I got you.

Best to always keep an eye on these scumbags, I like how Steve Bannon reads the Economist and other Globalist productions, they tell us exactly what they plan.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
As someone on the Healthcare side I can validate the increase we've had against us. We've had to implement 2 zero day vulnerability patches within the last 90 days and expect it to continue at a rate we have never seen before. For perspective, maybe a once a year type of thing.

Aye I am in healthcare at a different level, seeing supply line issues for the strangest of things, formalin for the Surgical Path.

I imagine we are having the same zero day patches, they are quiet about it though.

When we have to do patches of this importance it typically takes down a certain number of application servers so most everyone will know. I'm in charge of working with our hospital and clinical sites so it's a very large group lol. But we generally do this in the wee hours of the night if we can so the user impact is much smaller.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Can you expand upon this point, I have heard of cyberpolygon, but have not looked into it.

I do see their partner is IBM, what a sordid history they have.

Some further info here mate - the CIA's Marble Framework is also worth a look.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

As someone on the Healthcare side I can validate the increase we've had against us. We've had to implement 2 zero day vulnerability patches within the last 90 days and expect it to continue at a rate we have never seen before. For perspective, maybe a once a year type of thing.

Aye I am in healthcare at a different level, seeing supply line issues for the strangest of things, formalin for the Surgical Path.

I imagine we are having the same zero day patches, they are quiet about it though.

When we have to do patches of this importance it typically takes down a certain number of application servers so most everyone will know. I'm in charge of working with our hospital and clinical sites so it's a very large group lol. But we generally do this in the wee hours of the night if we can so the user impact is much smaller.

I seem to remember the patches that are larger happening.

It definitely would be noticeable, perhaps we are leaving our guard down lol

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Can you expand upon this point, I have heard of cyberpolygon, but have not looked into it.

I do see their partner is IBM, what a sordid history they have.

Some further info here mate - the CIA's Marble Framework is also worth a look.

Excellent thank you my friend!

Keep up the fine work!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'm considering the possibility, that most of the participants in these simulations are oblivious to the law of attraction or how you effectively manifest anything.

usefull idiots!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Question is, will the killware attack will be by Skynet, or the Architect? Place your bets!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2021 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So as someone who works in information security consulting, with a specialization in industrial automation and ICS, we've been yelling about this for 20 years or so, and at least the 10 years I've been involved with it. Systems are insecure by design and remediating vulnerabilities in these systems is considerably more difficult given that most of these systems are always in operation.

To give an example; I was with a group that was doing a re-architecture of the security stack for the network and endpoints of a energy utility. Strictly working on generation side of things. We had to wait for scheduled outages or when load from that particular site was not needed. Every single change had to be validated that it did not mess any process up and had minimal interaction with the actual process controls networks. Essentially all of our work was at the boundary firewalls and DMZ separating the clients sites from their corp. office.

All of these sites could be run without connectivity to the outside world limiting the attack surface down to vendor or insider threat actions. Of course accounting and everyone else has to get telemetry on the plant in order to go about their jobs, but they do it in such a way that there is remote access into the facilities. It's reasonably secure, but so were a lot of the high profile breaches you've heard about recently. All reasonably secure and all able to be bypassed. It's not a matter of if but when at this stage.

All of this to say, I'm glad I have a well and pump that are solar powered. I am trying rapidly to get my home on solar, wind, and hydroelectric sources that I manage. All of my equipment is managed locally by myself and sits on a network that has no physical or wireless connectivity to the outside world. In fact all of my automation is set up with a laptop that never hits the internet, firmware and other patch updates are brought over via USB that is scanned to the nth degree for anything and everything. I wish more critical infrastructure would go about it that way.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Killware the next big cyber attack

That attack on the Oldsmar, Florida, water system in February was intended to distribute contaminated water to residents "and that should have gripped our entire country,” Mayorkas said.

elementalgrove

Air, water, food, shelter from the storm... all else is manageable, do-able.

WHEN the internet goes does it will be unnerving and frightening for many... but we can survive that.

Your mention of the killware capabilities is frightening, as we NEED water... but we're not exactly like Africa... being subjected to rain sent elsewhere and having drought all around. But it could harm and kill too many here in American in an areas subjected to a water kill switch..... but I will be one of those who will walk miles to the nearest lake or river..

And, equally as dangerous, I think... is that China bought many shipping ports and are using their puppet biden to peddle the illegal covid mandates, and leaving few workers in the ports.

For instance, in the Long Beach, CA harbor; we’re hearing that even MORE containers are waiting off shore, unable to unload food and suppiies.

The ability to stop the flow of food could be a deadly move.

I remember the stories in my family about the Great Depression of 1929 + when there were LONG food lines to get a piece of bread and some soup. Our family actually had nothing to eat except for corn that they grew... for months. They told me about having corn mush for breakfast, for lunch and dinner. The BIG excitement for the teenagers, was to have corn on the cob in an outdoor pit.

And though MANY died, as in the potato famine of Ireland... and other survival tribulations.. the strong survived.

Having food and water should Always be in our Preparedness/survival stock.. Whether it's an Earthquake that takes down LA and all the major roads ..or whether it's another tragedy... WE Americans, and from what I'm reading about from other countires.... are a VERY ingenious crew -- our Humanity today.

I have Faith in us.... and our future.

Good Thread here, and GREAT ideas being presented, y'all.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
So as someone who works in information security consulting, with a specialization in industrial automation and ICS, we've been yelling about this for 20 years or so, and at least the 10 years I've been involved with it. Systems are insecure by design and remediating vulnerabilities in these systems is considerably more difficult given that most of these systems are always in operation.

To give an example; I was with a group that was doing a re-architecture of the security stack for the network and endpoints of a energy utility. Strictly working on generation side of things. We had to wait for scheduled outages or when load from that particular site was not needed. Every single change had to be validated that it did not mess any process up and had minimal interaction with the actual process controls networks. Essentially all of our work was at the boundary firewalls and DMZ separating the clients sites from their corp. office.

All of these sites could be run without connectivity to the outside world limiting the attack surface down to vendor or insider threat actions. Of course accounting and everyone else has to get telemetry on the plant in order to go about their jobs, but they do it in such a way that there is remote access into the facilities. It's reasonably secure, but so were a lot of the high profile breaches you've heard about recently. All reasonably secure and all able to be bypassed. It's not a matter of if but when at this stage.

All of this to say, I'm glad I have a well and pump that are solar powered. I am trying rapidly to get my home on solar, wind, and hydroelectric sources that I manage. All of my equipment is managed locally by myself and sits on a network that has no physical or wireless connectivity to the outside world. In fact all of my automation is set up with a laptop that never hits the internet, firmware and other patch updates are brought over via USB that is scanned to the nth degree for anything and everything. I wish more critical infrastructure would go about it that way.

Thank you kindly for this insightful post.

We are beginning to see the whole picture of exactly how corrupt those in the shadows have been. What you are describing is to stupid to be stupid, why set the tone at "its not a matter of if, but when."

I applaud your diligence of self-reliability, I wish I would have acted sooner, but I do believe I am right on time. What you are setting up sounds fantastic, do you have any references for learning how to follow the steps you have laid out?

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CupcakeKarma

For instance, in the Long Beach, CA harbor; we’re hearing that even MORE containers are waiting off shore, unable to unload food and suppiies.

The reality of this is why I am finally doing any sort of real prepping. Should have done this long ago, but better late then never.

Having food and water should Always be in our Preparedness/survival stock.. Whether it's an Earthquake that takes down LA and all the major roads ..or whether it's another tragedy... WE Americans, and from what I'm reading about from other countires.... are a VERY ingenious crew -- our Humanity today.

I have Faith in us.... and our future.

I completely agree, faith in humanity has always been my underlying belief structure. We will make it through this, when the storm hits we will all know, I am praying for a speedy recovery.

Thank you for your excellent contribution!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I just read an article saying that natural gas will be at least double this winter.

I also wonder about the glitch of Facebook being down. Maybe they are testing alternative means of communication.

We all feel it, like something weird is going to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I just read an article saying that natural gas will be at least double this winter.

I also wonder about the glitch of Facebook being down. Maybe they are testing alternative means of communication.

We all feel it, like something weird is going to happen.

Saw that as well, it is as if every single angle of what allows society to function is about to implode.

I think they are testing many different things, on both sides of this battle.

You are spot on, everyone feels it coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join