It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gout thoroughly sucks!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
GAH!! Woke up at 1am with a pain in my foot. Went to stand up, and I went down like a sack of potatoes...in agony, and sniveling like a little school girl! Severe Gout flare up!

I couldn't even figure out how to get back to my feet at first. Anything which touched my left foot in any way, at any location, was agony like a lightning bolt of pain shooting through my body. I wound up dragging my butt over to the bed and used the bed to help myself stand up. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out what part of my foot I could put some weight on without folding up on the floor again. Figured out I could put some weight on my heel a little bit, but that was it.

OMG does gout hurt!! I would not wish this s# on my worst enemy! Took me about 15 minutes to make it to the medicine cabinet, and another 20 minutes to get here to my desk. I wish I had some crutches, or one of those little scooter things you can put your knee on. This just thoroughly sucks!

Sorry for being a whiny little b#, but FCD is extremely unwell right at the moment and I just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks for listening!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I suffered with gout for years. When I was told that I couldn’t take most all pain relievers ( I am limited to Tylenol ), I researched the list of foods that cause gout more deeply. I found that I was eating a lot of things that were bad. Beans, venison and canned fish were in that list.
Since changing my diet, I haven’t had a flare up.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm continually researching foods and drinks which contribute. Just when I think I know them all I find out that whatever I've been munching on lately is yet another contributor.

The latest one was chickpeas (garbanzo beans to some). I knew about kidney beans and some of the others, but chickpeas was a surprise.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I used to suffer from what I thought was gout, I used to wear leather soles shoes, j then started to wear cheap polyurethane soles shoes, and my feet have been much better.

I also Changed what I ate and this seemed to have made a difference.

I consume about a half kilo of beer nuts a week, though can’t give up my Victoria bitter beeer.

Though I love asparagus, and peas and corn, sweet potato roasted.

I have begun about 8 months ago riding s bike, as my car blew a head gasket, and it was cheaper to sell the car and ride the 20 minutes to work.

Except for the Richard heads on the roads, that think they are kings, and are out to kill you cause you impinge on their free travel.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I forgot to say that I cut out all alcohol. It is a no no for gout sufferers.
I had my first attack at age 27. I am 59 now.
I remember those nights trying to sleep when just the weight of a sheet would make the pain worse in my foot. At first, I just got it in my great toes, then it progressed to my ankles and knees.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

My Boss-man (Dad) also suffers from this summer-of-a-bench an I can see how it knocks him down, so I can feel your pain over these interwebs... I hope Mrs. FCD is looking after you well though... I think I speak for all of ATS when I say,

"FlyingClayDisk, Don't you bloody DARE break yourself!!!"

Look after yourself FCD.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Specifically Montmorency Tart Cherries, help usher Uric acid out (cause of crystals in joints). Red Clover flower tea, has an uncanny ability to assimilate undigested animal protein, animal protein being a contributing factor.

Get rid of alcohol and start walking briskly every day till you get up to a few miles…stretch. Cut back on red meat, turkey, sugar and bread.

Walk, walk some more…stop drinking

edit on 12-10-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You think gout is bad, try having a man cold!

Kidding of course, better get something for that though, the farm can't tend itself.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Specifically Montmorency Tart Cherries, help usher Uric acid out (cause of crystals in joints). Red Clover flower tea, has an uncanny ability to assimilate undigested animal protein, animal protein being a contributing factor.

Get rid of alcohol and start walking briskly every day till you get up to a few miles…stretch. Cut back on red meat, turkey, sugar and bread.

Walk, walk some more…stop drinking

When I tightened the reins on my diet, I did a cleanse for a few months, drinking tart cherry juice mixed with pineapple juice every morning and evening while I had cut back on red meat.

One pleasant thing that I learned while researching gout diets.... SHRIMP are NOT verboten! I had always been told that shrimp are bad for people with gout. They are okay to include in your diet. Learning that made me happy.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There are natural remedies. My father suffers from gout bad. So I looked up what helps it years ago. My father is quite stubborn when it comes to watching what he eats.

Here are some natural remedies for starters:
Organic cherry juice
Apple cider vinegar
Ginger
Magnesium

www.healthline.com...-treatments

The flair ups are from a buildup of Uric acid.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I feel for you. Gout seems to be among the most painful afflictions. Are you on any of the medications that prevent flare-ups? The only one I really don't like is febuxostat because it has been linked to death by heart disease. If you haven't already tried it, drinking plenty of water, in the place of other beverages, is a good way to dilute the uric acid a little and may help prevent flare ups. Any sugar containing beverage (or high sugar foods) are going to make gout worse. You probably already know all of this though.
edit on 12 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
It’s also indicative of an acidic ph. Essentially it’s an environmental condition that allows for more than a few chronic conditions to take hold. Diet and exercise, pretty much the “cure” for a large percentage of our lifestyle

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I pretty much assumed that FCD knew all of that since he was talking about avoiding foods and his posts also give me the impression that he gets more exercise than most people.
edit on 12 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
GAH!! Woke up at 1am with a pain in my foot. Went to stand up, and I went down like a sack of potatoes...in agony, and sniveling like a little school girl! Severe Gout flare up!

I couldn't even figure out how to get back to my feet at first. Anything which touched my left foot in any way, at any location, was agony like a lightning bolt of pain shooting through my body. I wound up dragging my butt over to the bed and used the bed to help myself stand up. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out what part of my foot I could put some weight on without folding up on the floor again. Figured out I could put some weight on my heel a little bit, but that was it.

OMG does gout hurt!! I would not wish this s# on my worst enemy! Took me about 15 minutes to make it to the medicine cabinet, and another 20 minutes to get here to my desk. I wish I had some crutches, or one of those little scooter things you can put your knee on. This just thoroughly sucks!

Sorry for being a whiny little b#, but FCD is extremely unwell right at the moment and I just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks for listening!

I know whereof you speak. I have had numerous Gout flare ups some so painful as defy belief. Even after it quiets down it's hard to believe it was that painful, and there is no describing it to anyone who hasn't experienced it. All that said, there are 2 very effective medications for Gout. One is a short term fast acting drug which will quell the pain in a few hours, the other you will need to take for life. I have both. I still drink beer and eat an occasional rare steak. I know i have a fall back if the SHTF . Go see a rheumatologist they know what to prescribe to get you off the pain wagon.
Oh and get some Ivermectin, because all the ferrets died.
edit on 12-10-2021 by bladerunner44 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Had it once in my late forties and thought I broke my foot at first, never felt pain like that. Had to buy crutches just to move around. I ended buying some raw black cherry juice and it finally passed within a couple days.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I see others have posted it, too, but tart cherry extract eliminated gout for my husband.

He takes one of these a day as a preventative, now:

Tart Cherry Extract - Amazon

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Gout, stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canned fish?
Are you serious?

That's all I need. I eat canned salmon regularly for the calcium, since I must limit dairy.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Gout, stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canned fish?
Are you serious?

That's all I need. I eat canned salmon regularly for the calcium, since I must limit dairy.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to eat a lot of sardines, kippers and salmon. They are supposed to be good for your heart.
I cut out a lot of foods that I previously was unaware of causing gout.
It isn’t just canned fish, but most fish and seafood period. Some fish are worse than others.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Weird DP.
edit on b000000312021-10-19T18:41:13-05:0006America/ChicagoTue, 19 Oct 2021 18:41:13 -0500600000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join