It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Superman comes out as bisexual in upcoming DC comic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

This stuff is getting pretty ridiculous, but it's a last ditch effort from a dying medium to survive. I watch a few youtuber's that discuss this sort of thing and the comics industry has been struggling a lot over the last couple of years. They've tried so many times over the last couple of years to ride the woke train, yet every time they do is completely fails. Remember when many comics heroes got minority replacements?? Sure, those characters are still around, but the sales haven't really gone up.

Modern wokeness destroys everything it touches, comics are no different. Woke artists have infected the medium and continue to push their agenda on everyone. Comics stores are closing due to shut downs and because nobody wants to buy this crap. Manga sales are skyrocketing because they're giving people what they want, and people are trying hard to get manga censored because they don't like people liking what they don't. The whole industry is a mess.

So your best bet here is to just look away while the medium dies. Let them continue to produce this stuff and watch how nobody buys it. Eventually these companies will go down, which will be sad because I love DC/Marvel, but hopefully they'll sell the character rights to someone who will actually do these characters/stories justice.

What I don't understand is how companies continue to make these terrible decisions?? Going woke and getting broke has been proven time and time again, yet they continue to double and triple down. This crap is infecting every form of media out there. When will people/companies learn??
edit on 12-10-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I don't know, as far as I read, this is going to be in the comic book world. I have no idea about the comic book market these days. But I guess they can explore this character without going broke..like when a movie flops.

I actually suspect it will initially sell well, comic book people are collectors at heart.

Comic book people are collectors, but they're also fans of source material and not too happy with many of these changes, hence why comics aren't selling as well as they used to. There's a youtuber called ThatUmbrellaGuy who not only talks about the industry, but also points out the sales numbers to prove his points.

There are many characters they're really trying to push down everyone's throats that have to continually be rebooted because nobody is buying them. Two that come to mind are Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel. No matter how often they're rebooted, nobody is buying their stuff.

It's also getting insane in the Star Wars fanverse. I'm even hearing people claim Jedi's are all about white supremacy, so expect some pretty big changes with that franchise as well. lol

edit on 12-10-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
superman isn't a man . . .

he is an alien . . .

it isn't sex . . . it is probing
edit on 12-10-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Reports have it that Jesus of Nazareth hung out with at least a dozen men with little mention of any wives or girl friends in their bunch. Should we be upset?

No, we should appreciate a story that focuses on a topic, rather than signalling a virtue.

I honestly do not care who is or is not turned gay in the modern hysteria. I do enjoy the laughs at just about everyones expense. Stuff people never knew they cared about until someone with a different political persuasion formed an opinion on it. Like Columbus Day...no one outside of the caricature of the Soprano's really cares about Columbus Day, beyond the investment in believing something to be true that may not be. No one in America has issue with indigenous people. In fact, a large portion of the political "right" will do a pretzel twist to lay claim to some amount of indian genes, usually through whispers of things from 4 generations back. It is absolute pure comedy gold to see the argument come out of nowhere about Columbus Day.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Superman is an alien, y'all.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

If you think modern comics are woke, just wait until you learn about what Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were doing in the 60s.

Hell, Kirby had Captain America punching Hitler in the face in 1940.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's always funny how the people that don't read comics are always the most vocal in cases like this.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Congratulations Putnam, you came in second in the ''How long will it take to stoop to personal attacks'' marathon. Your brain must be boiling over with slights to toss out at other people if this is an example of your processing power. A goofy little comment in a goofy little thread in a goofy little obscure web forum brings you to slanderous jabs at an unknown poster.

Yeah, congratulations to you

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If it weren't for the quick splash of jokes and pho-outrage I would not have known it was Columbus Day and even then it took the fact that there were no crappy advertising letters in my mail box to bring it home to me. But I suppose it is all to be expected. But out of now where?

Thanksgiving? We should be expecting our annual rash of commentary on the exploitation of Wampanoag
to virtue signal all rest of the local tribes that the white man were their friends and would never cheat them or pretty much wipe them from the face of the continent.

But yeah, virtue signal with that comment about Jesus? It was ridiculous of course and that was my intent, to juxtapose one ridiculous comment about a near fictional character to a completely fictional character that was apparently already exploding angst in some members of our community. Possibly a bit to close to home for some I guess.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Screw it. Disregard. Y'all have sticks up your asses whilst cringing from sexuality. It's absurd.

Well, it looks like Superman enjoys butt pleasures as well... not that there is anything wrong with that.

Let the sales of said comic determine its viability, if people want to read about Superman and Jimmy Olsen that's fine.

I'm just sure somewhere Lois is going that figures, with Jimmy taking all those pictures of Superman.

edit on 12-10-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Once again, this is Clark & Lois' son, Jon, who was first introduced in 2015.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be under the Comics forum?

Seems a lot of people here are obsessed with throwing everything in the Political Mud Pit.

Key word being, political. Not Comic.

Sling away.

edit on 10-12-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Superman can fly. Superman can leap the tallest buildings. Superman can crush an iron anvil in his bare hands. He can see though solid steel. He can reverse the rotation of the planet. I guess he can date whom ever he wishes to date huh?

Well I guess he is the last of his kind, you can't adopt superDNA. The end of superboy's gene pool, shame.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Shhhsh. This is too much fun without any semblance of reality creeping in...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
2 thoughts...

1. This certainly changes the symbology behind classic line "kneel before Zod, Son of Jor El."

2. I am reminded of an old joke which I will present here in a censored version....
Superman is flying over Metropolis one afternoon and looks down into a bedroom window of a high rise and spots Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is butt naked and writhing spread eagle around on a bed. Superman thinks "Ah, I can work with this" and flies into the room using his super speed and quickly performs the deed before flying back out of the room all in the blink of an eye. Wonder Woman immediately sits up in the bed and says "What the hell was that!?!?" Suddenly the Invisible Man speaks up and says "I have no idea, babe, but my ass hurts like hell suddenly!"
edit on 12-10-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
Well now Superman is gay.

Comes out in the new Comic with a boyfriend and all. What the actual f###?

Why are they pushing this LGBTQ ### down our throats so hard?

Superman has a boyfriend.... LOL UP, UP and IM GAY .

Truth ,Justice and Im so F##### gay.

Man of steal gonna make him squeal..

www.nbcnews.com...

I would like to get off this ride now and go home..

So is it still Superman or will they change his name to Sthuperman?

I'm sure ABC is loving it. Perhaps Sthuperman can bust off a threesome with Catwoman and the Penguin so all the children of America can see that tolerant Sthuperman can sleep with enemies of both sexes. Left wing education at its finest.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well now all the rumors are put to rest finally !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You know what is upsetting??????? You read this on NBC and not any comic book source...so you are a homophobe and not a legit comic book fan.

The other thing it's his son...so what... people who get their feelings hurt because not all fiction has the main character a heterosexual white male are some pretty pathetic people.

The last thing is there are no Native American superheroes...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

You know what is upsetting??????? You read this on NBC and not any comic book source...so you are a homophobe and not a legit comic book fan.

The other thing it's his son...so what... people who get their feelings hurt because not all fiction has the main character a heterosexual white male are some pretty pathetic people.

The last thing is there are no Native American superheroes...

Claims someone else isn't a "legit" comic book fan, then makes statement that displays a total lack of comic book knowledge.

Moonstar, American Eagle, Thunderbird, Warpath, Dawnstar, all Indian superheroes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join