It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gah!! Spider Solitaire ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In my spare time I play some Spider Solitaire and I'm decent at it. I recently played through the 'Expert' and 'Master' levels, playing with (2) suits.

I am now trying to play Spider with 2 suits at the Grand Master level...and I can't even come CLOSE to winning! It's like I'm not even playing the same game! It's freaking impossible! I can't even clear more than two decks of cards before I get completely crushed with aces and kings. It's just pure carnage!

Has anyone ever won Spider with 2 suits at the Grand Master level?

I've read that regular Spider with 2 suits at the 'Hard' level has an average winning percentage of 38%. My winning percentage at this level is about 93%. It only gets more difficult at 'Expert' (74%) and 'Master' (60%) level. I can't find any statistics on win at the Grand Master level.

Is it even winnable at all?

edit on 10/11/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

About as winnable as Global Thermonuclear War. I recommend other pursuits, such as plucking your eyebrows.

...or perhaps a game of chess?

edit on pmvpmMon, 11 Oct 2021 15:47:38 -050011pm10 by Avardan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan

About as winnable as Global Thermonuclear War. I recommend other pursuits, such as plucking your eyebrows.

Eyebrows???

I don't have any left! I've rubbed them all off messaging my aching forehead. That, and repeated facepalming!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan

"A strange game .
The only winning move is not to play .
How about a game of chess ?"

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I used to play that game all the time.
With hundreds of REAL games.
Get yourself a Nintendo Switch instead .

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I usually play two suits when I play. I usually play late at night before going sleep and I win most times, but hard ones take longer to win, they require more precise planning. The site I play at does not have advanced games, just one suit, two suits, or four suits. It takes too long to do the four suit one, it is bad enough with two suits. Being sixty six my mind is not as quick as it used to be so it takes me longer, between four hundred fifty and seven hundred seconds to successfully win a game.

top topics

join