It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Christopher Columbus Day 2021

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

In fairness, George didn't steal the land from the Indians, he just stole anything that wasn't nailed down on the land.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Traditional "Columbus" day meal?

Italian wedding soup

Spaghetti bolognese

Italian wedding cake

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
At the end of the day, I appreciate Columbus. While his legends are largely overblown, the guy does share responsibility for conquering a land of savages and contributing to a huge expansion that produced the greatest nation on Earth for about 220 years. Without men like Columbus, Manifest Destiny never would have taken place and without manifest destiny we'd presently all be speaking German in some old world Euro #hole right now instead of speaking English in a new world #hole as most of us presently are doing.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good old Christopher Columbus, the inventor of the sailboat, finder of lands, the queen's gold-digging stud. What a guy.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We take this day pretty serious here in Ohio. I went out a discovered four or five new places today and captured 16 savages to bring back across the river. They leaned English pretty quickly too.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Another little known fact about Cristov Columbo is that he was the mastermind leader of a terrorist group that sabotaged the Space Shuttle Columbia. Columbo was highly offended by the chosen name of Columbia, and became increasingly infuriated more & more each and every time the Shuttle launched.

He had expected the Shuttle to reach some sort of disastrous end on it's own, but after Columbia completed it's 27th flight, Columbo couldn't take it anymore and knew he must intervene. He decided to have his #2 in command (Corporal Olivegarden) stowaway aboard the shuttle.

Corporal Olivegarden managed to go undetected, staying hidden within the bowels of the shuttle throughout it's 16 days in orbit, surviving solely on astronaut feces & a bottle of olive oil until just before re-entry, at which point he climbed outside with a screwdriver and pryed off one of the critical heat shield tiles from the left wing, which in turn led to the disintegration of the craft.

Corporal Olivegarden was the first of 8 who died during that fateful attempted re-entry.

No,no, no

You got it all wrong

Colombo is the guy that discovered America then became a police detective in L.A. who became so good at solving drug crimes that a South American nation renamed itself Columbia in his honour.

...and he also became a raincoat fashion star...see, that;s the reason for removing all those statues, I mean, none of the statues featured his raincoat...clever...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

We take this day pretty serious here in Ohio. I went out a discovered four or five new places today and captured 16 savages to bring back across the river. They leaned English pretty quickly too.

And those savages became ATS moderators ?....Oh no....am i suspended, again...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

instead of speaking English in a new world

I speak American, not this poppycock blokes try to throw out while eating crisps stuck behind a bloody broke down lorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

As long as you also commandeered said new places, I approve.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

I speak American, not this poppycock blokes try to throw out while eating crisps stuck behind a bloody broke down lorry.

I've often wondered why American isn't considered to be an official language. I'm not entirely sure what English actually is, but whenever I watch a British movie or tv show, there are often times when I wish I had American subtitles or an interpreter to tell me what the hell they're talking about.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Whew!
Not sure how we survived that event.
Until next year, keep your pizza ready.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Did everyone remember to talk unnecessarily loudly, and gesticulate wildly to close out this marvelously festive day?

If we're not ending the festivities with traditional loud, hand-laden conversation as tradition dictates, we did it wrong

( ^^ That one comes from hubs, "Nonna would crawl out of the grave & clock me for saying this...but I'm gonna!")

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

I've often wondered why American isn't considered to be an official language. I'm not entirely sure what English actually is, but whenever I watch a British movie or tv show, there are often times when I wish I had American subtitles or an interpreter to tell me what the hell they're talking about.

That's the Scots, dude. The heaviest accents are extremely hard to understand, spent 20 years trying to understand my sister-in-law's Scottish-immigrant papa, lol. Only about half of what came out of his mouth was decipherable.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Our family had the traditional Columbus Day meal where we went to a strangers home, enslaved all of them and ate their food.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Nyiah

Our family had the traditional Columbus Day meal where we went to a strangers home, enslaved all of them and ate their food.

Only the best & most tasteful reenactments for the Cowboy family to honor the day with, I see. Lucky you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join