It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Russians don’t cut the hair of children under one year old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: RussianTroll
[The word “doomed” does not carry any emotional burden. This means that God decided so, and a person must submit to this in any case. Russians don't believe in circumstances. which make a person do this or that act. Russians in such cases say "doomed". obeying the will of God.

I suggest "fated" as a better translation.
The Anglo-Saxon word "doom" means the same thing as "fate", but now "doom" has acquired negative overtones. "Fate" has not. People who believe in astrology will say "Your fate is in the stars", and that could mean either way.

It is difficult for me to judge these nuances. I write through an online translator, so there may be misunderstandings. Regret((((

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

And other Nazarites who had long hair didn’t have Samson’s strengths, hence the strength didn’t come from hair, came from God
Samson constantly sinned loosing Gods blessing of strength

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

As andy06shake points out in the UK and probably most of Europe as well It was and still is actually a very common practice NOT to cut a child's hair until they were a few years old at least and it was and still is among many the belief that it is bad for a baby's health to cut there hair too soon especially in family's were older relatives pass down the wisdom of former generations born before WW2.

That said while we tend to think of hair as dead material it is in fact very much alive.
While Snopes and other sources deny this I believe this story to be true.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
As I said, it was a "visual aid", helping his contemporaries to understand what God was doing for him. I'm convinced that the original Nazirites were trying to offer a deal; "if you help me in battle, I will grow my hair long and give it to you as an offering afterwards". Hair being a symbol of life, this was a symbolic way of "offering my life to God".

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Why Russians don’t cut the hair of children under one year old

And an old Southeastern US tradition .
Reason unknown .
Strange .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join