It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With great risk, you may not end up with a cent in your retirement fund.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Hedge Fund's invest in pensions and pensions invest in Hedge Fund's, most pension and hedge fund's are basically pyramid schemes.

They will pay out as long as there are more people paying in than there are people being paid in other words.

Falling birth rates in western nations, governments attempting to demolish national pension schemes in Europe as there corporate handlers tell them they need to get all that money that used to go into the public pension pot to instead go into there own pockets to keep there equity firms and pension schemes afloat.

Housing bubbles how long can there value continue to rise before they have to fall in price.

Idiot leaders like Johnson over here in the UK whom prattles on about turning our economy into a HIGH SKILL HIGH PAY economy, in reality he is not talking about engineers but fund managers so that will not help the rest of the nation and certainly not the pensioners.

To ensure pensioners are secure you have to ensure that the pension schemes they are in always have more money coming in than going out, one way when there is not enough new pension payers such as young people which there are not due to the falling birth rate in most western nations is to invest the money into other pyramid schemes or let those private equity group's manage it and how many of them often bite the dust, how many will bite the dust as the economy enters multiple recessions.

The truth is most of those pension schemes will fail, government may step in and the bank's may as well but it will only be more quantitative easing to hide the failings of the economy.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: musicismagic

Japan is a Stirling place, I respect the culture it’s so ingrained.

I have to share this guy Martin video, this older gentleman is amazing, I respect his ability and skill. Something you don’t see much of these days.

m.youtube.com...

Left a comment for him.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
I couldn’t find the finance forum, mods please re-accomodate my op if there is another spot for it.

Here is a supposed finance guru, suggesting superannuation funds should pump billions into bitcoin, as a new investment scam...ahem scheme.

A company that you invest in, must have physical assets, so should the company go under at least when the company is wound up you may get something back.

Like people say Uber is worth 50 billion, though they have minimal assets, it’s a pie in the sky figure.

What if any guarantees does crypto offer to protect investors losing it all.

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

this is exactly what cracks me up when people want to take everything from the rich, and it will fix everyone's problems. most of the "worth" of the rich is not cash in a bank. that "worth", is actually based on the estimated value of everything they own. but that "value" is only if that is what someone is willing and able to actually pay for it. if no one is willing to buy it, it's value is $ZERO. if someone is the only one willing to buy it, and will or can only pay $1 for say Amazon, then at that point the "worth" of Amazon is $1. not the $1.7 trillion it is currently estimated to be worth. so instead of the trillions of dollars these idiots see being divided and handed to everyone, the reality is they would be lucky to have a few million dollars to spread out. because since they are taking everything away from the rich, who could afford to buy their stuff, to get the money it is supposedly worth? and thus all the stocks they own, all the companies they own would be worth nothing. all the land houses, cars, art, boats, etc would be worth a tiny fraction of it's currant "estimated value". who for example would have $625,000 for that Ferrari SF-90? they might get a couple hundred bucks for it, because that is what someone willing to buy it, is willing and able to pay for it. all the billions and trillions of dollars the rich "have" is just an illusion, one that can only exist, if you have the same rich people willing to buy it.

and it's the same for things like bitcoin, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. it has no actual value at all. quite literally the worth of one bitcoin today at $57,331.50, tomorrow could be worth $1, if that was all someone is willing topay for it. that value is actually just imaginary.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
The physical precious metals I've stocked won't disappear if the power goes out.

If it really hits the fan, the most valuable metal is going to be lead.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It already is in many places. a reply to: JIMC5499

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
when you are having these discussions,
one would be wise to remember that even
the dollar that you are using
tp buy physical assets
was magically created out of thin air.

In fact your government artificially created $4 trillion of em last year on a whim.
They did not even print the dollars on paper or stamp it out of metal.
It was all created out of zeros and ones on a computer somewhere.

Just like Bitcoin did.

True but at least Bitcoin is worth 56-59k$ more each than our Dollar!

Think about that!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
Disclaimers apply. I am not a legal or licensed financial advisor. Your experience may be different than what is described below- either better or worse. YMMV.

Beware about if/when you withdrawal 401K monies... Especially when you withdraw early...

- Any promised matching on the dollar - company dollars - are NOT available if you withdraw early. All those matching dollars are lost.

- You pay taxes on any monies you withdraw early. I believe that they take out said taxes before you get the money.... (it's been a while).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a similar note: If you are entitled to a pension, it's generally agreed that it's better to take out a regular smaller amount Now, than wait for a bigger amount, say, five, or ten years from now... In general, it works out mathematically to your advantage to start collecting early.

If you are vested you get all the money in your 401K they put in there. Early withdrawal comes with penalties from the Feds. I am not a broker but I have to pay taxes and have withdrawn some with penalty and some recently only paying taxes. Both times my company's investment was allowed to be released due to my years in service already. Each company has different rules approved by the Board of Directors IIRC.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: sraven
when you are having these discussions,
one would be wise to remember that even
the dollar that you are using
tp buy physical assets
was magically created out of thin air.

In fact your government artificially created $4 trillion of em last year on a whim.
They did not even print the dollars on paper or stamp it out of metal.
It was all created out of zeros and ones on a computer somewhere.

Just like Bitcoin did.

True but at least Bitcoin is worth 56-59k$ more each than our Dollar!

Think about that!

LOL. and bitcoin didn't have to produce anything or do any heavy lifting.
The US Treasury did all the work by reducing the value of the dollar.
Bit coin didn't go up . . . the dollar went down.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The physical precious metals I've stocked won't disappear if the power goes out.

If the shtf and the lights don't come back on good luck finding anyone willing to trade you what they got for your pretty rocks.
Because that's all that metal you have will be at that point. Just some rocks.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hell! Biden said when he was Vice President that he wants to take all of our 401K's and give us Government IOU's.

<< 1   >>

join