It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fl districts requiring masks up to four times lower COVID-19 cases per capita 

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Good luck with this here.

Yes, thank gods thus isn't reddit.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mask in general don't work very well in blocking virus. There was a demonstration which shows this.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: dandandat2

How many people need to die for you to push for masks and vaccinations?

Is 70,000 enough?

That is a good question and definitely should be part of the analysis when looking at costs vs benefits of the Covid measures.

Unfortunately as I stated earlier no one in a leadership position is even trying to quantify those costs as well as others let alone gage them against the know benefits.

The reason for the question is because 70,000 people is how many died from the flu in the U.S. in 2018. Why weren't you and others pushing for masks and Vax for the flu all these years? Political much?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

ROFLMAO... Is that why pretty much every democrat politician and their friends, including the Obama birthday party, were all caught without masks and without observing social distancing?...

You also forget to include which of those districts have had to accept more illegals, whom are not being subjected to mask mandates, they can have masks if they want, and have not been tested for COVID-19 nor have they been forced to get the Vaxx... That factor alone would screw up this study...

However, other studies have shown that the cloth and surgical masks do not stop viruses. How can cloth and surgical masks which have holes that are 1,000 times larger than the size of a virus stop a virus?...

Here is one such study from Denmark.

A new study from Danish researchers found that mask-wearers were not protected from becoming infected by the novel coronavirus more than their mask-less counterparts, contradicting the mainstream consensus, including that of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Researchers in Denmark reported on Wednesday that surgical masks did not protect the wearers against infection with the coronavirus in a large randomized clinical trial,” The New York Times reports in a piece titled, “A New Study Questions Whether Masks Protect Wearers. You Need to Wear Them Anyway.”

NYT: Study Finds That Masks Do Not Protect Wearers, But You Need To Wear Them Anyway

As for the claim that "but CoV-2 is passed by saliva droplets." You also forget that those droplets eventually dry up, and the virus keeps making it's way outside the mask as you keep on breathing, or sneezing, and eventually they are blown away from the mask... This is why so many people with masks have gotten COVID-19 as well as other viruses like the cold, influenza, etc...

However, the masks do cause and will case large health problems for everyone. First of all, you will have to disinfect the mask every few hours for it to be effective.

Second of all, the use of masks for prolonged periods increases the CO2 content in the blood in people, and children, minors and young adults have more health problems because their brains are still developing. The human brain continues to develop to around 21 years of age.

Children breathe faster than adults, and need more oxygen than adults. But masks do the opposite. They lower the amount of oxygen in your body and reaching your brain, and increase the amount of CO2 in your blood...

Prolonged used of masks cause more damage than help...

edit on 11-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Is 70,000 enough?

My number would be closer to 70 billion.

If the survival of the human race depends on corrupt governments forcing people to take drugs, then I think the Universe would be a lot better off if we went extinct and let nature start over with something else.

Hopefully, some form of dog.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongSu

Is 70,000 enough?

Why won't you answer?

By your logic every kid should wear mask for the rest of their lives considering rhinovirus is by far the most abundant virus infecting kids. This is just silly and uncalled for. Kids should be kids. Running around free and wild and enjoying their lives, not made to suffocate behind a mask all day long.

No no, I agree. You see, the reason for the question is because 70,000 people died of the flu in 2018. I was wondering why these people pushing for masks and Vax weren't pushing for masks and Vax for the flu then or in previous years? I think this demonstrates how masks and vaccinations are part of a political agenda.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First, look into who Freid is. She is going to run for governor. Second, I live here. I can tell you this. Not just schools but rec sports. Masks are not 'preventing' anything.

I run a local Babe Ruth league. We have 500 players. So think how many parents and friends come out. We travel too two other counties for games. We have had one incident of COVID since August. One. No masks. No vax.

A mask does nothing to protect you. We all know that now. If you are going to get it you are going to get it. Thats it. The worst thing about masks is how people just throwing them to the ground or leave them places. Nasty....
edit on Octam31amf0000002021-10-12T09:23:06-05:000906 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does this data come with any other info like age and socio economic factors.
Do the most severely affected counties have a more ageing population than others?
What’s the amount of 85yrs and over?
Are there many care homes?
Are there poor areas with less access to healthcare?

I”m sure there are many other factors.
It must be established whether or not this is causation or correlation.
edit on 12-10-2021 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

As the tit for tat battle between Florida's Ron DeSantis' administration and Joe Biden's administration heats up putting in question the states right to control its own education system ; it turns out that date shows that mask mandates in schools do in fact work.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, an independently-elected member of the Florida Cabinet, held a virtual press conference to release and discuss school district COVID-19 data which Governor Ron DeSantis’ administration has worked to block. This data shows clear evidence that school districts requiring masks resulted in up to four times lower COVID-19 cases per capita than school districts that did not require masks.

2.6 times lower student COVID-19 cases per capita in school districts starting the school year with mask requirements (Alachua, Broward, Miami-Dade) than school districts without mask requirementsSchool districts without mask requirements had nearly twice as many student COVID-19 cases as school districts requiring masksSchool districts without mask requirements, had nearly 3.5 times higher student COVID-19 peak cases per capita than school districts requiring mask.

link

If it is true that masks mandates in schools keep kids safer does that fact override state sovereignty? In our modern times is safty a more important virtue than personal freedom and parental choice?

Remember the good ole days when we sanitized the crap out of everything and everyone, especially our kids. We then realized that over sanitizing our children was actually counter intuitive as our kids need these germs to build a strong healthy immune system. We reverted back to the ole adage of "Let them eat dirt"..

The mask are no different! Creating more harm than good, considering less than 500 children of died from COVID.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

As the tit for tat battle between Florida's Ron DeSantis' administration and Joe Biden's administration heats up putting in question the states right to control its own education system ; it turns out that date shows that mask mandates in schools do in fact work.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, an independently-elected member of the Florida Cabinet, held a virtual press conference to release and discuss school district COVID-19 data which Governor Ron DeSantis’ administration has worked to block. This data shows clear evidence that school districts requiring masks resulted in up to four times lower COVID-19 cases per capita than school districts that did not require masks.

2.6 times lower student COVID-19 cases per capita in school districts starting the school year with mask requirements (Alachua, Broward, Miami-Dade) than school districts without mask requirementsSchool districts without mask requirements had nearly twice as many student COVID-19 cases as school districts requiring masksSchool districts without mask requirements, had nearly 3.5 times higher student COVID-19 peak cases per capita than school districts requiring mask.

link

If it is true that masks mandates in schools keep kids safer does that fact override state sovereignty? In our modern times is safty a more important virtue than personal freedom and parental choice?

Who cares? Covid will not be prevented, only slowed down, which is actually useless. Next page please.....

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: autopat51
thats amazing!!! considering masks dont do anything.

No, the masks work. So does washing your hands. And social distancing. And lockdowns. And vaccinations.

But if people protest, and group together, and refuse to mask up, and refuse to stick with lock-down protocols, and are generally domestic terrorists in a time of a pandemic, then the disease spreads from these human super-spreader events, and people still die unnecessarily.
just like all the deaths that resulted from all the BLM riots? Give me a break. There never was any”deaths like you describe. You make it sound like people are dropping like flies. You crack me up.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Is 70,000 enough?

That is a good question and definitely should be part of the analysis when looking at costs vs benefits of the Covid measures.

Unfortunately as I stated earlier no one in a leadership position is even trying to quantify those costs as well as others let alone gage them against the know benefits.

The reason for the question is because 70,000 people is how many died from the flu in the U.S. in 2018. Why weren't you and others pushing for masks and Vax for the flu all these years? Political much?

I am not pushing for mask mandates now; so it would not have made sense for me to push for masks in 2018.

Why did you assume I was pushing for masks mandates? Do you see people type the word "masks" and automatically feel threatened? If so; why do you think that might be?

I can not explain why people who are pushing for masks mandates now may not have in 2018. I suspect most of them do it for the perception of safety. They did not feel that their health was in danger from the flue in 2018; but do feel their health is in danger now.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: merkins
Does this data come with any other info like age and socio economic factors.
Do the most severely affected counties have a more ageing population than others?
What’s the amount of 85yrs and over?
Are there many care homes?
Are there poor areas with less access to healthcare?

I”m sure there are many other factors.
It must be established whether or not this is causation or correlation.

The data is related to school aged children and the number of reported cases in those children by school district in Florida.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacoLoco75

originally posted by: autopat51
thats amazing!!! considering masks dont do anything.

No, the masks work. So does washing your hands. And social distancing. And lockdowns. And vaccinations.

But if people protest, and group together, and refuse to mask up, and refuse to stick with lock-down protocols, and are generally domestic terrorists in a time of a pandemic, then the disease spreads from these human super-spreader events, and people still die unnecessarily.
just like all the deaths that resulted from all the BLM riots? Give me a break. There never was any”deaths like you describe. You make it sound like people are dropping like flies. You crack me up.

There were a number of deaths from COVID-19 in the US. A big number. It's up to 716,468 deaths in the US at the moment, but I have no idea if any of them could be attributable to the riots, or a football game, or a political rally, or whatever. But for lots of reasons, people in the US didn't comply with lock-downs, or masking, or vaccinations, or ...

And so, out of all the world, some countries even more populous than the US, the US has the highest number of dead from COVID-19.

Ridiculing the seriousness of that, on the basis of something else, isn't much of an argument.

edit on 12/10/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

One.

Do we trust the statistics from a country that welded in citizens?

SEALED IN VIRUS TOMB Coronavirus patients WELDED into homes in China as death toll spirals to 813

www.the-sun.com...

DEVASTATING footage appears to show coronavirus patients being welded inside their homes and "left to die" as China battles to contain the fatal disease.

Two
Over reporting of covid deaths..

Man who died in motorcycle crash counted as COVID-19 death in Florida: Report

wpde.com...

Supported by more populated countries did have lower death totals, so is the USA a statistical abnormality?

Three
California having the most covid deaths by state in the USA has some of the most stringent covid control measures.

Four.
Going to contact myself. But the USA does have an obesity problem.

The United States is home to 13% of the world’s fat population, the largest percentage of any other country in the world, according a new study published in the Lancet. In fact, around 30% is now overweight or obese.

www.mensjournal.com...

Five.

Brazil, and other countries have more covid deaths per million.

Remember that was a big deal when trying to discredit Sweden’s no lockdown policy. But since the USA has the most total deaths, covid deaths per million has fallen out of favor?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

One.

Do we trust the statistics from a country that welded in citizens?

SEALED IN VIRUS TOMB Coronavirus patients WELDED into homes in China as death toll spirals to 813

www.the-sun.com...

DEVASTATING footage appears to show coronavirus patients being welded inside their homes and "left to die" as China battles to contain the fatal disease.

No, I don't trust their statistics. I have rarely even bothered to look at any statistics coming from China, and I don't think I have ever posted Chinese statistics on ATS, or anywhere else.

I also don't trust the reportage from the Epoch Times. Note that the Sun article you posted uses the words "appears to show" and "alleged", which to me shows that the The Sun were not quite sure of the validity of the videos.

I'd guess that the video's were legitimate, since Chinese officials responded that when they saw the videos, they reprimanded those who were involved as their actions were excessive, and removed the bars and barricades.

Two
Over reporting of covid deaths..

Man who died in motorcycle crash counted as COVID-19 death in Florida: Report

wpde.com...

The incident where the motorcyclists' death was misclassified, was fixed. It was an error in the way the local office reported COVID-19 and appears to be a one-off case of human error in reporting.

It was also misreported by DeSantis who said that the CDC had instructed people to report every death where the person tested positive, as a COVID-19 death. The CDC did no such thing.

The CDC's numbers are based upon what is recorded on death certificates as cause of death.

Falsifying medical records (such as a death certificate) also has severe legal consequences. Depending upon the state laws, fabricating medical entries (such as recording a cause of death, that isn't) is treated as a felony forgery.

And, apart from that particular instance, have there been other reported misclassifications reported? You do realize that this has been under great scrutiny by the press and authorities, since it happened? Where are all the reports?

Supported by more populated countries did have lower death totals, so is the USA a statistical abnormality?

Other countries with higher populations took actions to slow the spread of the contagion fairly immediately. The USA took more than half a year of "it'll just go away, it will be like magic, it'll just be gone", or downright denial. That would explain why the numbers of those affected by a pandemically spreading disease are highest in the world. It's probably a more reasonable explanation than a criminal massive conspiracy of 10's of thousands of doctors to fabricate medical records.

Three
California having the most covid deaths by state in the USA has some of the most stringent covid control measures.

California had the earliest case in the US, on January 19. It first locked down on March 21, three months later!

It's lockdowns still had schools and some venues open and even before there had been a change in the situation of the spread of the virus, they went out of lockdown. And then back in, and then out again.

It is also the most populous state in the US.

Also, there were anti-lockdown protesters who had rallies, there were political rallies, there were riots, there were some sporting events with big crowds, there were people who belligerently disobeyed masking, social distancing, lockdowns and other orders.

Four.
Going to contact myself. But the USA does have an obesity problem.

The United States is home to 13% of the world’s fat population, the largest percentage of any other country in the world, according a new study published in the Lancet. In fact, around 30% is now overweight or obese.

www.mensjournal.com...

But non-obese and otherwise healthy people get COVID-19 and some of them die, too - just like it's a deadly disease that is made worse by ill health.

Five.

Brazil, and other countries have more covid deaths per million.

And their government also let things run on for too long, before doing anything.

Additionally, when they did 'do something' it was to deliver packs of Ivermectin, HQC and vitamins. This didn't reduce the virulence or infectiousness of COVID-19 in the slightest, but they did have a spate of people with liver damage from overdosing (because they were told that it is 100% safe).

Bolsonaro also refused to lock down.

Additionally, Brasil's health infrastructure is not as well funded as the US, so one would expect a higher case-fatality ratio.

Remember that was a big deal when trying to discredit Sweden’s no lockdown policy. But since the USA has the most total deaths, covid deaths per million has fallen out of favor?

Sweden's no lockdown policy was a failure. A country with low population density and a quite small population has had nearly 15,000 deaths due to COVID-19. Comparing that to New Zealand, with similar population density, climate, and half that population, but who went into lockdown within hours of confirmed community cases, has only had 28 deaths from COVID-19.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes but they are a unique case. They did it how they should have but it was fairly easy for them.

All borders and entry ports of New Zealand were closed to non-residents on 19 March 2020

Too bad the person who wanted to do this in the US was called a racist.....

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You

The incident where the motorcyclists' death was misclassified, was fixed.

Cite proof it was positively corrected?

TN family upset as death certificate incorrectly reads: Cause of death - Covid pneumonia

fox17.com...

He died on Sept. 18, just 23 days after being diagnosed with lymphoma. It was over. Or so the family thought, until the death certificate arrived.

“And when she brought it to me she said you're not going to like this, I said, oh no, and I took it out of the package the first thing I looked at was cause of death: COVID-19."

The family went from grief stricken to furious. Nowhere in Hal Short’s thick stack of medical records could they find any mention of COVID-19, not until the death certificate came back with the primary cause of death COVID-19 PNEUMONIA. This was the last fact of an honest man’s life -- and it just wasn’t true.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Comparing that to New Zealand, with similar population density, climate, and half that population, but who went into lockdown within hours of confirmed community cases, has only had 28 deaths from COVID-19.

Live free or die.

New Zealand just going to hide from covid forever.

Last Updated: August 04, 2021 08:52 IST
As Sweden reports nearly zero COVID deaths, experts criticise govt laxity over new variant

m.republicworld.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Sweden's no lockdown policy was a failure. A country with low population density and a quite small population has had nearly 15,000 deaths due to COVID-19. Comparing that to New Zealand, with similar population density, climate, and half that population, but who went into lockdown within hours of confirmed community cases, has only had 28 deaths from COVID-19.

Vikings have an old saying. What does not kill you makes you stronger. Today's Sweden emerged stronger than ever before, with a gene pool far stronger than that of New Zealand. I have lived in New Zealand for a few years but honestly it's not a country I would want to live in.

edit on 13-10-2021 by YongSu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join