It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest Pilots Union Sues To Block Airline’s Vaccination Mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not that this will do anything but possibly delay the inevitable it is still something to warm the heart of an anarchist.
If the real workers/producers of a country walk off a job in protest..how long before the enforcers and mandate makers back down ?

On a different note there was a company which had over the magic number of 100 employees. So management fired some of the vaxed to get down to 99 employees while giving everyone who remained a pay raise.. That is so bad on many different levels if you were let go because you were vaxed.. I guess two can play the game of you are fired ??

In what appears to be one of the first cases of a union pushing back against the new COVID vaccination requirements handed down by the Biden Administration, a union representing pilots at Southwest Airlines is suing to stop the vaccine requirement from being forced until a lawsuit is resolved.

Bloomberg reports that the union representing Southwest’s pilots has asked a court to grant a temporary stay against the federal vaccination rules until an ongoing lawsuit over what they allege are violations of US labor laws is resolved.

In a court filing on Friday, the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association also asked for an immediate hearing on the request before a federal court in Dallas, claiming the carrier has continued to take unilateral actions that violate terms of the Railway Labor Act, which governs relations between airlines and employee unions. The “unilateral action” in question is the company’s attempt (at the Biden Administration’s direction) to force workers to either get the jab, or be fired or sent on unpaid leave, Bloomberg reports.

www.activistpost.com...

As an after thought I thought I would throw this article into the mix also. www.activistpost.com... The Mystery Of The Millions Of “Missing Workers”
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Someone on a forum - perhaps it was here - once commented about the rights that they are "taking away." I rightly pointed out that nobody takes away or God-given rights and civil liberties; we choose to hand them over en demanded because we are lazy, stupid, greedy or all of those.

Even if those pilots lose the lawsuit, if enough of them simply walk of the job before the mandate is enacted - massive sick-out like the ferry workers in Washington - the fascists would get the message. They wouldn't like it. They might even push back against it.

But until we stop, as a body, giving up our rights In order to meet fascist demands, they won't stop taking what we won't hold onto with a death grip.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

People are generally stupid. compliant, and eager to just get on with the daily mundane things they do.

I don't think there is a solution to that. Except a global catastrophe... even a massive power outage covering an entire country, would force people to think, again. till that happens, everyone is content enough to put up with mandates and tyranny.

Sometimes, thanos makes me feel for his thoughts...

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Supposedly a whole bunch of air traffic controllers are walking off the job in rotation, to protest the vaccine mandates.

They are smart enough to know that if Congress and the White House exempts themselves, there's something wrong with the vaccines.
edit on 10/10/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Supposedly a whole bunch of air traffic controllers are walking off the job in rotation, to protest the vaccine mandates.

They are smart enough to know that if Congress and the White House exempts themselves, there's something wrong with the vaccines.

Not to mention the many stories of Doctors and nurses walking instead of jabbing !!

That makes me think something is rotten like nothing else as they see and know more about hospital admissions than any of us lay people.
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The whole government narrative is blown, they will either toughen down if they can get away with it or back down. They know they are pushing BS but what can they do when they are in this deep?. vwww.bitchute.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com... I was given the report by F2d5thCav...that is one way to shut that puppy down ! When people finally realize they really do have power in numbers to control the narrative then change will come.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Title : “We are Not Going to Fire Any Employees Over This”: Southwest CEO Comes Out in Opposition to Biden Vaccine Mandate
Yet when I listen to the Rumble video I wonder what steps employees will have to take to avoid losing their jobs.. The Texas governor said no forced federal mandatory shots will be needed in the state of Texas and S.W. is based in Dallas so go figure..?

Southwest CEO Gary Kelly had a major announcement on Tuesday about the vaccine mandate the airline recently issued: His company won’t be enforcing it.

During an interview with ABC News on Tuesday, the CEO said that no employees would be fired over the company’s vaccine mandate. Earlier, the airline announced that all employees needed to get vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 24 or face termination.

“We are not going to fire any employees over this,” Kelly said.

beckernews.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
andmagazine.com...
Southwest Airlines Is Collapsing – A Glimpse Of The Future And Hope

The entire airline has been brought to a standstill. The pushback began Friday when a grand total of 3 out of 35 employees showed up for work at the Jacksonville center. Almost every flight out of Orlando had to be canceled. Almost 50% of Southwest pilots remain unvaccinated. There is no indication that any large numbers are moving to get the vaccine. As bad as things are, they are going to get a lot worse.

Over the weekend Southwest canceled 1900 flights. As of the time this article was published it had already canceled 365 flights for Monday, and 600 more are “delayed.” Southwest Airlines is effectively shut down.

Southwest Airlines’ stock fell more than 4% on Monday when trading opened.

This is the beginning, not the end. Other airlines are already reported to be seeing the same issues as Southwest. Those issues will expand. Rumors are swirling that United pilots may join the “sickout” any time. Amtrak just announced the cancellation of several scheduled trains, because personnel are not showing up to work. The expectation is that such actions will spread.

I had many friends at South West and I assume all are retired now. The friends I knew would support this effort by the personnel of S.W. but I do hope the company does not go out of business...at least they have someones attention now !

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Title : “We are Not Going to Fire Any Employees Over This”: Southwest CEO Comes Out in Opposition to Biden Vaccine Mandate
Yet when I listen to the Rumble video I wonder what steps employees will have to take to avoid losing their jobs.. The Texas governor said no forced federal mandatory shots will be needed in the state of Texas and S.W. is based in Dallas so go figure..?

Southwest CEO Gary Kelly had a major announcement on Tuesday about the vaccine mandate the airline recently issued: His company won’t be enforcing it.

During an interview with ABC News on Tuesday, the CEO said that no employees would be fired over the company’s vaccine mandate. Earlier, the airline announced that all employees needed to get vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 24 or face termination.

“We are not going to fire any employees over this,” Kelly said.

beckernews.com...
< br />
There seems to be conflicting information out there. This Time article indicates that SW is still fighting their pilots in court.

time.com...

Southwest Airlines Co. asked a federal court to reject a request from its pilots to temporarily block the carrier from carrying out federally mandated coronavirus vaccinations, saying such an order would put the company’s business, employees and customers at risk.

Yesterday I saw a FB post saying SW wouldn't fire their employees, but the source was super right-wing and the article was week. A deeper search revealed that SW is still fighting their employees.

I suspect, and would suggest, that we are witnessing very deceptive Public Relations tactic in play.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

They're only objecting that it wasn't collectively bargained along with some other recent changes.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Today we actually made some progress, maybe.

m.theepochtimes.com... rce=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-10-19-2&mktids=15d2c04cacbc9749d21d01b3cd9eb179&est=1MgZYguqbWJ46SQJiaV75SQAveP%2FGPuZPSdtcVez Y8MS%2FX7kincW0Hcsp6PW8vXQ0v%2FbroM%3D

Southwest Airlines told its employees that it will delay a plan to place workers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 on unpaid leave if they haven’t yet obtained a medical or religious exemption.

The Dallas-based carrier confirmed reports about the memo to news outlets on Tuesday, saying it will drop the plan.

“If an accommodation has not been reviewed or approved by December 8, the Employee will continue to work, while following all COVID mask and distancing guidelines applicable to their position, until the accommodation has been processed,” said Southwest in a statement.

The company stressed it will approve “all valid requests” for religious or medical accommodations. If it is not granted, Southwest said it will “provide adequate time for an employee to become fully vaccinated while continuing to work and adhering to safety protocols.”

edit on 19-10-2021 by IndieA because: added info

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Friday, October 22, 2021

The weekend approaches and right on que, the flight cancellations pile up again. "Technical issues" being blamed for Skywest triggering thousands of delays and cancellations.

www.usatoday.com...

Forced Covid-19 Vaccination protests are rampant this weekend. No doubt airline personnel are participants as well. Not a good weekend to fly.

Kudos to the protestors nationwide!

-cwm

new topics

top topics

join