It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama at Texas A and M... guess what I noticed...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am a college football fan... this game was insanely entertaining from start, to finish. "Slap hands" to A and M for upsetting Alabama.

There were over 106,000 fans in attendance at Kyle Field tonight... and not a single mask in sight...

...until the CBS post-game interview with winning coach Jimbo Fisher... the CBS reporter faithfully wore her mask.

The one mask in a sea of thousands, belonged to a CBS reporter.

Go figure...

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Were they cheering on Brandon? I hope he had a big, big day - the biggerest and bestest evar!
edit on 9-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Were they cheering on Brandon? I hope he had a big, big day - the biggerest and bestest evar!

Not that I heard...

Did anyone watch the Utah- USC game? There was hardly anyone at the famed Coliseum for that game... (Los Angeles). Vaccine mandates?

Houston played at Tulane (New Orleans) the other night, and the stands were nearly empty. Vaccine mandates?

We live in two different Americas...

edit on 9-10-2021 by madmac5150 because: Clarity and a little booze...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

That's been apparent for a while.

But it has also been apparent for a while that college football is being destroyed. You're either in an "in" conference or you're nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

But it has also been apparent for a while that college football is being destroyed. You're either in an "in" conference or you're nothing.

Well, as a native West Virginian... I am used to disappointment. This year... my Mountaineers absolutely cannot be overestimated... that bad...

I will say this... the NCAA hasn't yet bought in to the "woke-ness" trend. The NFL, NBA and MLB have destroyed their own fan-bases... the NCAA hasn't... yet.

I feel bad for Universities in cities with "Covid passport" mandates... they have gotta be losing some coin...
edit on 10-10-2021 by madmac5150 because: Psychadelic snap-peas

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Watched the OSU Maryland game and ....same thing. NO masks.

The PAC 10 sucks, so thats probably why no attendance. The BiG and SEC are most always sold out.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Chiefs games here have been pretty full, and no one wears masks even though it's in Jackson County which has a County-wide mask mandate.

It's sort of sad because one lone little cafe run by a single mother has defied the mandate and been shut down for it and you can probably hear the stadium noise from her store front.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

A&M fans and alumni are old fashioned in general. Chanting something that vulgar is really not their style.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

A&M fans and alumni are old fashioned in general. Chanting something that vulgar is really not their style.

FJB, sure, but now everyone can cheer "Let's Go, Brandon!" and thanks to that wonderful reporter we all know what it means and it's the perfect euphemism.

As to the A&M fans being all that classy ... uh, yeah ... not only did I have the non-pleasure of interaction with them as part of the Big 12 for several years, but I've seen some of the moves their yell leaders perform. Those guys have at least one where they look like they're beating their meat in big exaggerated motions. You can't tell me they're classy. Now snobby I'd believe.
edit on 10-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Well, as a native West Virginian... I am used to disappointment. This year... my Mountaineers absolutely cannot be overestimated... that bad...

I will say this... the NCAA hasn't yet bought in to the "woke-ness" trend. The NFL, NBA and MLB have destroyed their own fan-bases... the NCAA hasn't... yet.

I feel bad for Universities in cities with "Covid passport" mandates... they have gotta be losing some coin...
As a Texas fan, I can sympathize. Texas typically wins games it's predicted to win and loses those it's not. I've stopped watching them past the first quarter because it just gets too excruciating. Why torture myself? I admit I'm a terrible fan.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace
You watched the right quarter yesterday then.

Boomer!

edit on 10/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

FJB, sure, but now everyone can cheer "Let's Go, Brandon!" and thanks to that wonderful reporter we all know what it means and it's the perfect euphemism.

As to the A&M fans being all that classy ... uh, yeah ... not only did I have the non-pleasure of interaction with them as part of the Big 12 for several years, but I've seen some of the moves their yell leaders perform. Those guys have at least one where they look like they're beating their meat in big exaggerated motions. You can't tell me they're classy. Now snobby I'd believe.
Well, they do have some odd traditions and I didn't call them "classy," just old fashioned. I'm a lifelong Texan and UT grad. I heard the first of many aggie jokes when I was a child. A&M fans think UT alumni are snobs and rich city folks; they call us "tea-sippers." We try to ignore them in return.
edit on 10-10-2021 by Scapegrace because: a little wordsmithing

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
You watched the right quarter yesterday then.

Boomer!

Yep. OU has a damn good football tradition and they just seem to want it more when it comes to the Red River Rivalry.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Yeah, well, as third generation KSU fan, lettered alum athlete, etc., you likely don't want to hear my opinions on what y'all did to our conference.

Sorry, you just don't.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We had a few 100,000 at a few Ann Arbor U of M "big house" games. Same...

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Laws against pay to play.
Currently being ferociously attacked.
If there is no one is able to pay you expressing your opinion it does not matter.
Only opinions that are bought and paid for get shown.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yeah, well, as third generation KSU fan, lettered alum athlete, etc., you likely don't want to hear my opinions on what y'all did to our conference.

Sorry, you just don't.

Oh texas and ou destroyed the big 12.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

OU and Nebraska were reasonably well balanced. Then we brought in the Texas schools and things lost that balance. OU has always had delusions of grandeur, and I honestly don't think they'll be nearly as happy as they think they will. I *know* Texas won't.

edit on 10-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Houston played at Tulane (New Orleans) the other night, and the stands were nearly empty. Vaccine mandates?

I think Louisiana had vaccine or neg test protocols in place.

I did hear as Kentucky was adding LSU to their win list, that this Saturday, no more restrictions at LSU stadium. All will be welcome again, no VaxPass or test results required. Apparently the team is stoked to play to a packed house again.

Commonwealth stadium in Lexington, KY was a packed sea of blue with very few masks. It was a glorious sight, a nice memory of my time in the stands during grad school.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

OU and Nebraska were reasonably well balanced. Then we brought in the Texas schools and things lost that balance. OU has always had delusions of grandeur, and I honestly don't think they'll be nearly as happy as they think they will. I *know* Texas won't.

True
Its a shame

top topics

<<   2 >>

join