It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so its hitting the fan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Everyone keeps saying books...the problem is if you have to be mobile for whatever reason you cant pack a library in a backpack to take with. I agree a laptop is probably major overkill though. I would think a tablet or 2 would do the trick and should have no problem fitting what you'd need especially in .pdf format.

Those are even easier to recharge and can use portable solar or even a portable battery with solar built in. Not saying it would be a quick charge but you can get a full charge or 2 from one and charge at in the sun only in a day or 2. I have one that I hang on my bag to charge a vape or my phone.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is a great idea, just found it on a local fb page. Fresh eggs can be preserved for up to two years! The person sharing it said it wasn't hers originally but I don't know who's it is but credit goes to someone, not me.

October 7 at 11:48 AM ·
No. These are not pickled eggs. These are homegrown, unwashed eggs stored in lime water. The lime water fills in all the pores of the egg and encases them in a shell of "glass". Water glassed eggs can last stored at room temperature like this for up to 2 years. This method of preserving raw eggs has been used since the 1800s and was common even into the 1940s and 50s. When refrigerators became a standard kitchen appliance, water glassing almost became a lost art.
You cannot use commercial eggs for this because they have all had the protective coating (bloom) washed off the shell and will quickly go bad. I recently scrambled up 18 eggs that had been stored in lime water for 7 months on an unrefrigerated cupboard shelf and they tasted perfectly fresh (although the yoke seemed a bit thinner than fresh eggs).
Anyhow, if you have an abundance of fresh, unwashed eggs, you might want to try putting some away for later. The ratio is one ounce (by weight) of lime (calcium hydroxide) to one quart of water. Calcium hydroxide is a completely natural, organic ingredient and harmless, although the powder is very fine and may irritate your lungs if you breathe it in. The lime water also quickly dried out the skin on my hands and I had to apply lotion to get them back to normal. When you do use the eggs, be sure to rinse them thoroughly before you crack them or they will taste like lime.
FYI: a gallon size container will store about 40 eggs. Lime is also known as calcium hydroxide. You can buy it in 50 pound bags in the masonry section of the hardware store, or in 1 pound bags in the canning section of the grocery store....often labeled as "pickling lime”. Thank you NOTE: This is not my post, was worth sharing.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
The only thing which will get us through is...

The masses of the people across the planet have the power to over throw every single government on the planet. The people have the power, however, they have been subjugated for so long they no longer realize it.

There was even reference to this in the documentary, "The Century of the Self" where it is specifically referenced TPTB know this which is why they have implemented world wide social engineering to control and subdue the masses. They spend billions on programs across the planet to codify and subdue local populations through predictive programming.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

Yes but a lot of people just look at the bobbing heads that present what is considered news. and don't believe a word of it, it is now counterproductive.Something went wrong with the program.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The unedited constitution. The bill of rights, people need copies storied on flash dish's and more. Before democrats phase it out of existence.. after calling it an abomination that is racist and should be removed.
edit on 10-10-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Well I suppose in my case its last century as I am nearly 50 so my parents are approaching 70, my point being there are many people who hold skills such as yourself that require no connection to the internet to pass on to the next generation.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i left a boatload of survival gear back at my former primary residence...the medicated family members were not living any sort of sustainable lifestyle

the camp stoves X 5 ea were operational, some used fuel others used gas, lanterns and or parts to rebuild yours
sacks of rice.... buckets of dehydrted veggies, mre's , meat jerky galore, a years supply of beans, a half dozen propane tanks and attachments for heat or light or cooking.
Army bivouac gear, arctic jump suits... Surf and inlet or even swamp fishing gear/ rods-reels/etc... and nets

wasted lives--- clinging to their addictions---frig 'em
edit on th31163387454810022021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

anybody else seeing FB blank screens yet again??? since ~ 9AM eastern

DDOS still underway ???
edit on th31163387482610072021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

keeping a laptop battery tops wont let it work correct for 5 years... different 'drivers' peter-out and no replacement Drivers available in cyber space... ?
edit on th31163387510710112021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ready.Gov....has lists of everything you'd need in dire straights

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

In training...we are posed a question:

If you were leaving your home, never ...NEVER.....to come back...and you have to leave right now...what 5... and only 5 things....would you take?

Don't forget the kids, hubby, wife dog...that's about 5.

So...no documents, food, clothes, $$, pictures, medicine.

You Are. Not. Coming.Back. Ever.

What 5 things out of all your families of all your possessions...would YOU take?

Scary thought.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: St Udio

In training...we are posed a question:

If you were leaving your home, never ...NEVER.....to come back...and you have to leave right now...what 5... and only 5 things....would you take?

Don't forget the kids, hubby, wife dog...that's about 5.

So...no documents, food, clothes, $$, pictures, medicine.

You Are. Not. Coming.Back. Ever.

What 5 things out of all your families of all your possessions...would YOU take?

Scary thought.

People aren't things. And each person could take 5 things excluding the clothes on their back. Even the dog could bring 5 things in a doggy pack.

My first thought is critical meds, knife, rifle and ammo and a fire starter.

My partner could bring a folding shovel, tarp, reel of 20# fishing line, gallon of water and a machete.
edit on 10-10-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Books can be cumbersome, but if you print out things from some of my sources you can get creative. A soft binder and pages printed four or six pages to a sheet, double sided, would still be readable with cheaters or magnifying glass for just about anyone. Soft binder is lighter, flexible, and more easy to throw in a pack. For the FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual that takes it from its natural 277 sheets down to a very manageable 35 sheets.

It's pretty easy to do. When you bring up the print window just click multiple and change to how many pages per sheet you want. Here is an example with four pages per sheet.

It's also worth noting that its sometimes better to print on a light cardstock. That lasts a lot longer than regular printer paper and the weight difference is negligible.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Just Foundation? Or Robots too? Always liked to include Robots in my read through. Empire is a take it or leave it thing for me.

Need to change the Dysan logo to a "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters.

Also, I'd suggest using a Zip Drive. Could knock a couple trillion disks off that way.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There's plenty of books to download, I'd go for anything on permaculture farming, aquaponics, basic electronics, building and construction, Anarchists Cookbook, plumbing and welding, basic medicine and field guides on how to do ANYTHING.

The rest is simple, food storage, water purification, fishing and hunting supplies, seeds, resource reutilization tools etc etc.

Make sure that laptop is in a lead lined case with an extra battery and a solar panel (why not?)

cheers!

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just asked my dad who spent time as a kid working on a chicken farm, this is totally a thing! Said he hadn't heard the term 'water-glassed' in over 15 years. Technique was apparently used by merchant marines and people who needed eggs stored for long distance travel

Actually makes me wanna raise chickens more than ever now since the store bought ones suck and are $$$

Thanks for that!!

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

That's a great idea, thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Don't forget agriculture!

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I suggest learning nutrition and all that entails as well as the scientific method as well as all that entails as well. Welding is a useful trait but won't keep you alive as per the narrative the OP proposed onto us.

Farming as well as baking will be a godsend if/when it all hits the fan. Canned and dry foods only last so long after all you know?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If we have long-lasting power outages, we are all toast.

Why?

Because without external power, all the nuclear power plants will meltdown. Then we will have dozen, if not hundreds, of Chernobyl's and Fukushima's.

This will happen anyway regardless of man-made issues, sooner or later, simply because sooner or later, we will have a major solar storm that will fry the power grid.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I just hope that your head ain't in there if the power comes back on LOL

originally posted by: chr0naut

Well, if there's no power, at least it should be easy to clean the fan.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Torlin

No, this is not even close to reality. At least in the United States, other western countries, and probably Russia. Many other nations use reactors designed by those nations, so there's a chance they are also up to snuff (or were at least designed and built as such).

The reactors all have several redundancies in the event of a power loss. First, they have generators to provide power which will keep the pumps flowing. The switch to this power is almost immediate. Failing that, the reactor control rods can be inserted ceasing fission either by hydraulic systems with the push of a button or automatically by computers. There is also a dead man's switch that does this if power is off for too long. The scram process takes less than a second in an emergency. Within three to five days the reactor will be cool enough to open and fuel rods can be removed.

Worth mentioning that the reactor on most plants is opened roughly every two years. The lifespan of the uranium rods is roughly four years, so they cycle out old ones for new ones. Once removed they go into cooling ponds for five years or so before they are cool enough to cask. In an emergency, global Carrington-like event this could still be accomplished through strictly mechanical means, no electricity or power needed. Certainly not easy, and very high risk, but still doable.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join