It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so its hitting the fan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Paper money and gold.

Paper money will be good for toilet paper.

Gold will be good to form into arrow heads for hunting.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

originally posted by: anonentity
that can inform and direct from repairing a car to how to bake bread?

Mechanic (or some decent Dads) and Baker (or most decent Mums) they already know this information, maybe they will trade it with you, I am a carpenter so I can help build/maintain a houses for you, what are you trading for these services?

There must be a timeline slip. What century are you in?

I'm a mom. I did finish carpentry and was a welder. Can't cook or bake. I have a pretty feral diet... cereal, toast, canned or frozen stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: anonentity

No offense, but if you are right now looking for the basic information to survive a SHTF scenario you are already too far behind the curve so it really doesn't matter.

An opinion, as always...

Well one of the first things I read about building was that the foundation is the most critical and important parts of a house.
The most important foundation of that foundation is the land. The most important foundation of the land is ownership and of that, is outright ownership. And of that, is a building permit. That already throws many would be survivalists behind the curve.

Debt status is what will be exploited (and already admitted) by the international banking system once the fog of the pandemic clears and the economic systems jump starts with the C.B.D.C.

I really believe that the only way to survive the coercion via the international surveillance system (perfected by the pandemic measures), is to find like-minded individuals and draw up a community constitution. I believe that this requires sourcing marginal land to which can be applied multi-occupancy entitlement. Many of the partners in such a venture will already have essential skills and a knowledge base of books or hard drives. This idea requires the pooling of funds before the nature and permitted use of CBDCs is changed. I think time is relatively short on that one. Otherwise the plan is to divide, conquer, centralise and collectivise.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Books are cool also, they don't need batteries or internet,....

C'mon man, lol

Exactly.... Books on chemistry, engineering, generating electricity, water filtration, edible forest plants, agriculture, animal husbandry (keeping chickens, cows, pigs), etc. The headier stuff is nice like physics and some math, but most of that you'll never use.

I wouldn't want to have to rely on a laptop, batteries and solar panels to make sure I didn't eat the wrong mushroom.

One thing you should have though is two CB radios or two Ham radios. You can set up asynchronous full duplex communications with two of them and thereby run into an RF based internet system where your neighbor is your next node. I have a Uniden 510XL and a Cobra 29 LTD Chrome.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Books on or learn to raise fish, chicken, etc. Something that grows fast and can live by foraging. You can collect insect and worms for them also.
Books on how to raise worms and insects . Use lights to catch insects at night, worms live in the top 3 inches of the soil, etc.

Learn to build a biomass (wood) gasifier. You can supply combustible gas for your vehicle and generator out of dried leaves and wood. Learn how to hook it to a car or generator.

Think about what you’re going to want in a SHTF event and figure out how to obtain it. I want electricity and alternative food supplies without full dependence of a garden. Vegetables are great, but they take time to grow and they don’t always turn out the way you want. One bad season could mean your demise.

Have a back up plan for your back up plan.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

C'mon man, lol

One thing you should have though is two CB radios or two Ham radios. You can set up asynchronous full duplex communications with two of them and thereby run into an RF based internet system where your neighbor is your next node. I have a Uniden 510XL and a Cobra 29 LTD Chrome.

Cheers - Dave

Hi Dave, can you give us a worthwhile link to info on RF based internet systems and synchronous duplex communications?

Thanks

- H

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A reply to Merkaba:

Yessir!

edit on 9-10-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Well one of the first things I read about building was that the foundation is the most critical and important parts of a house.
The most important foundation of that foundation is the land. The most important foundation of the land is ownership and of that, is outright ownership. And of that, is a building permit. That already throws many would be survivalists behind the curve.

Debt status is what will be exploited (and already admitted) by the international banking system once the fog of the pandemic clears and the economic systems jump starts with the C.B.D.C.

You are one sharp cookie and in my opinion are entirely correct.

So to play out the scenario you have envisioned...

You would need actual ownership of your land. There are a few places to do that in America... Texas and Montana come to mind.

When you actually own your land you need no permits. In my case I own land with no Covenants... so I own the water and mineral rights, there are no easements on my property, I am not "zoned" and I don't need a permit for anything I do because I am grandfathered in on property that was first deeded by President Calvin Coolidge.

You would have to establish not only a sustainable means of food production for your property, but a barter system in your community that does not rely on actual money. THAT takes work and energy and commitment and a buttload of time to start up.

You would need a reliable source of water on your property and the means to heat your dwelling.

The community would have to be small enough and remote enough to survive bigger cities failing and the resulting looters coming out of said cities.

It would be nice if the community was about 1/3 ex military, ex law enforcement because eventually the community will have to defend itself.

I have all that.

But it took me about 18 years to set it all up.

So it's not like going out and downloading a bunch of stuff is really going to help anyone at this point.

It is... unrealistic.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
Paper money and gold.

Paper money will be good for toilet paper.

Gold will be good to form into arrow heads for hunting.

Paper money actually isn't a very good toilet paper... it is a heavily inked linen with about the same absorptive properties as cling wrap. It isn't even very good as a fire starter...

Gold is a softer metal and pretty useless to make arrowheads or any other weapon out of.

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmSat, 09 Oct 2021 20:03:06 -050003 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

originally posted by: chr0naut

Well, if there's no power, at least it should be easy to clean the fan.

No it was elephant doodoo

Looks more like donkey crap to me. Its still hitting daily. It took 81 billion votes to put the donkey's ass right above the fan thats spraying us all

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

In the US you have never had nationalized utility's like power, gas etc but in most western European nations we DID have nationalized infrastructure.

Here is what will happen, during the 1980's, 90's and early 2000's most nationalized industry's were privatised which is another way of saying the elite whom controlled the governments through backhanders had them moved into there own hand's to consolidate THERE power over the world.

What the outcome of strangling society's will be in western Europe for example is this.

People and opposition party's will begin to demand the renationalization of these essential industry's to ensure there economy's can be maintained, they will demand the elite start to pay there tax and that corporations whom are jury rigging regimes disguised as government's to suit there own greed also pay there way.

This will turn the current paradigm on it's head and turn back politics to the 1970's in much of Europe as a result, enough people here are still alive to know that it work's and that it worked well enough back then so they will demand it.

The funny thing is in England we had a guy that already promised to do this but the Tory's and the media brainwashed the public into thinking he was a lunatic, he was not perfect but some of Jeremy Corbin's plans are exactly what we need right now.

Sadly we have another two years minimum of a wicked government that gained overwhelming support due to the fear mongering AGAINST him the corrupt corporate controlled media and the Tory's brainwashed the public with and the party he was then in charge of now has a controlled opposition leader whom is actually a Tory Light wolf in sheep's clothing whom also work's for the corrupt elite that Corbyn wanted to exclude from British politics.

They will attempt to keep us divided, to create chaos among people and to scapegoat before the next elections here and there in the US but make no bones about it people are starting to smell the ashes.

IF the elite realize this they may well pull back and wait for another generation but in fact they seem to be having a civil war among themselves while thinking they are united, ready to stab one another in the back if it all goes wrong for them so just maybe this will give humanity the catharsis it need's to break from there grip.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

C'mon man, lol

I get tons of free books at the local recycle center. They have a container just for books. Unbelievable all the books people don't want. Also, the local library sells old books for .50 paper back and 75 cents for a hard back and some they just give away. I purchased a Jacque Cousteau hard back filled with awesome photos and such.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

C'mon man, lol

Cheers - Dave

Hi Dave, can you give us a worthwhile link to info on RF based internet systems and synchronous duplex communications?

Thanks

- H

In a SHTF scenario, multiple channel use isn't going to be a problem. So if you want to spread frequency to increase data throughput, it should be doable. The only issue of course is power and with CB's, Line of sight is a very good thing. Ham radios are more robust and carry much longer distances. So, what I have been experimenting with have been both ASK and DPSK through CB's. Both work, but again there are limitations on carrier frequencies and the amount of data you can ram through. Single channel CB can support 4800 baud, if your careful and filter well, 9600 baud. I am trying to use v90 56k modems though. Right now I have a number of PCI based and US Robotics modems to play with.

There's lots of ways to move data, a really interesting chip I used to use in the late 80's was the NE5050, which is the communication system I used for power line communications up to and above 1 mbaud. It also works with RF.

Now the reason you want two radios is one for transmit and the other receive. That way you can go full duplex asynchronous. Your transmit, you can simply key-on whenever you transmit which is a simple HS relay arrangement, but your receive never keys-on and constantly accepts data. You can use side-by-side channels for both receive and transmit.

This is something I am delving a bit deeper into, I'll probably make my own modems for high speed use, but I would really like to make a filter system for 56k and v90's because they are in many laptops which would make interfacing simple and probably turnkey.

If you want to look up a little on packet radio...

Packet Radio Lives
Packet Radio Software
HB1BBS Peeps already doin' it
Packet radio Wikipedia
TCP/IP over UHF
Getting Started on packet radio

Hope this helps ;-)

The only problem of course with any kind of RF communications though, in a SHTF scenario where everything is being monitored until complete systemic collapse is frequency/amplitude triangulation to locate the source. Personally, I would run coax a long distance away from where I am located or in the alternative, a constantly moving transceiver.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/9.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yes Dave that helps a lot. Thanks.

I am actually more inclined toward the idea of increasing organised centralised control rather than a chaotic breakdown of civilisation. One casualty will be the control of communications, especially internet access. I was thinking more along the lines of one independent community transmitting information over shorter distances to another community close by and then they doing the same towards a third, like repeater stations.

- H

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Got my backups ready to go.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I download everything into my brain. I weed out what is not necessary to know and focus on figuring out how to do things instead of memorizing names of things. I translate the sciences I study into laymans terms in my mind to save.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

You can't use paper money as toilet paper if you have a septic tank unless you want to pump it out every year.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Based on what I've seen from people in my lifetime, there's not much hope for humanity coming together in a real time of collapse. Call me cynical, but the people I see are the most selfish creatures in the planet. For all of those that haven't ever hiked long stances in the woods, hunted, fished, started a fire, built a shelter, or learned how to be self sufficient in the absence of modern convenience, aftermath isn't a forgiving learning curve.
Americans would soon learn what all the guns they've gotten to keep are really for; self annihilation.
Yeah, I'm a real pessimist.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

A lot of Northern Californians know what to do

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

That's an MLPPP kind of idea. I did something like that in a small town in northern Ontario. I got everybody together on special routers and then I linked them all so that everybody shared the sum of all the bandwidth. Each individual was running at about 25mbaud, but 40 of them shared together at 1gbaud, but it was all hard wired. Is that the kind thing, but on RF you're looking for? If so, you can link all the routers as long as they are running dd-wrt firmware or in some cases Tomato firmware. Whatever you do, make sure you are running 5ghz if wireless otherwise your bandwidth will be limited.

DD-WRT Firmware Site
Tomato Firmware on Polar Cloud

Yes, you could set up a central gateway server and switches to act as a "node" then link via HAM for higher bandwidth to a "node" in another town, again with a gateway server and switch, ad infinitum, that would give you distributed networking and processing.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join