It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I AM.,...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hello all, it is strange to be here. I've stumbled upon this site whilst looking into some other info on other topics. Just felt right to sign up with some caution on certain aspects! To be upfront with my introduction I will open about a good bit about myself. I sometimes feel like a walking contradiction. I know there are aspects and layers of the world I do not yet know how they work but also strangely know I am meant to learn and eventually use this. I have a knowledge that I am meant for something very important that will benefit the entire world population but for the damage in my brain from a childhood accident, I cannot fathom what it is nor how to discover it. I am very sensitive to energies around me, though this complicates because most the time I can't decipher between my own and the others'. I've tried practicing blocking and while it does work, I have issues remembering to remember practicing things like such. I love love love nature and animals, I believe that all people have a good in them and some have been so hurt that the defense to shield that is being mean and hiding truth of severity that pain has had. It's okay to cry and let it known that you've been damaged, to fake strength by pretending infliction of pain did not have effect on you is showing the opposite of strength and bravery, it's showing allowance of control upon yourself to the will of others. This can be very bad. Being sensitive is not a negative dynamic as I'll intentions would have it believed. Being sensitive and emotional is a grand thing, so long as it not all made up of negative feeling experiences... That's when it can turn vile and change you for bad.
Sorry that came from nowhere but felt needed. Anyways I am a excited to learn about seeker who has a unquenchable knowledge drive that spans across so many different diverse subject matters. This has gotten me the inaccurate label of having ADHD but I don't. I can focus more intently than most would ever imagine possible! I have an overwhelming compassionate urge to help others when needed and a effortless ability to forgive. Not forget, but forgive. I have some premonitory sensing ability but believe the head injury in childhood has affected full potential in many areas. I don't fear much, not really, the dark makes my adrenaline raise slightly for unknown reasons. I've went through most of my life having sensations of being watched by someone who I can't physically see but think I have seen at times throughout my life. I'm coming into awareness about myself and abilities that I suppressed after a life changing traumatic event that made me use detachment to save my own life. The pain that I felt when my dad was reportedly killed in a head on collision with a semi truck while drunk driving, and the refusal to allow me to be sent home back to my mother after that was too much when I was only 12. I have recovered from addiction to opioids because I wanted to know how to feel on my own again. Happiness that's chemically produced is not happiness at all... It's a possible temporary way to substitute when you have lost all reason to be happy in life. That's a deep well of a subject for another time! I love making other laugh and have a wide berth when it comes to topics I can find funny including those that are deemed inappropriate due to context by brown nosers who lost their giggle bones. Sorry. Well I think that's enough for now, please do what you can to help save the pollinators from die off by pesticides used in spraying commercial crops... Without them "pests" (as they are wrongfully labeled,) also know as key pollinators of plant life, insects like bees butterflies beetles etc, are the reason all the direly important life supporting food grows...without them pollinating plants, the plants will will cease to exist therefore no food will grow and humans will eventually starve. Bees are the biggest ones and we need to protect them ruthlessly. Maybe I feel so strongly bees because theeaning of my name is honeybee... I find this funny too because I can be so amazing and life sustaining and sweet... I work hard and give endlessly, but I have a very very sharp and ruthless side that rarely is ever needed but is there to defend just when it's needed to prevent or correct a wrong... Is that not so awesome! Okay welp thank for reading my boring Intro and I hope that I find some of the answers to the questions I don't even know how to ask! Bye!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MHY87

If I may, I suggest paragraphs to start.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Welcome aboard! 😎

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I dont think they do paragraphs

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Indeed. Please, for your own sake, learn to use paragraphs for organizing your thoughts for the rest of us. Well, at least for me.

Also, you use the word whilst. I have always wondered at the use of that word. Why not just use ''while''? Is it just a British thing?

Edit to add. Oh yeah, welcome to ats.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 09 Oct 2021 12:23:27 -0500Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:23:27 -050021102021-10-09T12:23:27-05:001200000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Welcome to the site and please use paragraphs so there is not a wall of text which is harder to read.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Indeed. Please, for your own sake, learn to use paragraphs for organizing your thoughts for the rest of us. Well, at least for me.

Also, you use the word whilst. I have always wondered at the use of that word. Why not just use ''while''? Is it just a British thing?

Edit to add. Oh yeah, welcome to ats.

I'm not an expert in etymology but my understanding of the whilst vs while thing was that "whilst" is used when the subject was known. "While" is used when the subject was unknown.

I'm quite possibly wrong but that is how I've used it over the years.

I hope that made sense.

Also, yes, I think it's a British thing. Our language has too many definitions for too many different things.

English is unique like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Welcome.

If it is any consolation, my first post looked a lot like yours. That was a little over 12 years ago.

The very first response I got to my post, was a post chastising me for my "Wall of Text". I had no idea what that meant, but I quickly found out.

When writing our first post, I think we get a bit carried away, and a little nervous, about actually sending that first post, we don't give any thought about providing ease of reading.

It is easy to correct, and it is a very common mistake. So, now you have been officially initiated. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Welcome to Thunderdome! I am relatively new to ATS as well. Advice from another noob: read the site's Terms and Conditions thoroughly. This community takes its rules very seriously, and for good reason. The Admins and Mods here are wonderful, and at the top of their game.

I am happy you have joined. Looking forward to your posts!

BTW It took me a while to learn the ins and outs of this site. If you need any guidance from a fellow noob, hmu in pm. =)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello. It’s nice to meet you. This is a good place to how different layers and aspects work. Good luck with your journey.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If I may, I suggest paragraphs to start.

Everyone suggesting this.

Paragraphs good as I do have ADHD something awful.

This place is as good as home. Welcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
smellin like the rose, that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed...

I am smellin' like the rose that somebody gave me
Cause I'm dead and bloated....

Sorry - couldnt resist. As soon as I saw your title that song came into my head.

Welcome !!!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hello, and welcome to ATS !

It seems to be in-vogue to include the word 'paragraph' in our replies today, so please have some poor advice from an egregious grammar abuser :

Paragraphs are an idea's best friend !

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hi There " MHY87 ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice Another section of fun that includes how to Contact Staff: make Alerts, and help maintain the General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it desrves, so make sure you've got content and your thoughts on it.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images This is the place to find "the how to's" and what sizes will work for your personal Avatar or Profile Pic.

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS... (BTW, a secret on your Pix uploads, always make sure they are only of these three; jpg, gif, png... a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted).

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

There's a lot of great spots that many of the "mighty fine creative minds" 'like to hang out at, and one of them is the "Short Stories" forum. Anyway... Take your time and enjoy. ATS is a pretty large place, if you have any questions just ask anyone in staff.

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Glad to have you here!!

top topics

join