It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farcry 6 - It's not great

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I didnt bother looking into Farcry 6 , figured it would be just like 3 , 4 and 5 just with better graphics.

Wish they kept the dark and raw atmosphere from Farcry 2 throughout the series.

The series became too much of a joke right up there with saints row and just cause.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Still better than Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

Not in my opinion , I've got 58 trouble free hours in Cyberpunk 2077 but then I'm not playing it on a toaster.

Got this game too and shelved it after an hour when it was first released. After the last patch I fired it back up and it's been fine. There's a lot to like within the game and the graphics are pretty sweet. (3080 ti, 5950x, HDR @ 120hhz monitor, 1440p give 70-80fps on ultimate everything) vs my wife's machine (i5, 1070) where it looks OK, but no where near as good as the 3080. I've always been into graphics as much as gameplay though, it's just something I notice and appreciate immediately.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

I will go for story before anything else generally. I can handle violence and action, but only if there's a compelling story reason for it. I don't need the best graphics so long as my characters aren't looking like they came straight from minecraft pixellated.

As you can imagine, the games I truly enjoy these days are few and far between because most of the AAA companies insist that gamers like me don't exist.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As you can imagine, the games I truly enjoy these days are few and far between because most of the AAA companies insist that gamers like me don't exist.

Same here. I refuse to pay £50 for a sub-par game. I wait for sales.

In regards to graphics, I still think that Unreal Tournament 2004 is one of the most beautiful games ever created.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

The Far Cry series is a roller coaster ride from the standpoint of my enjoyment. Apart from the odd ending, I found that Far Cry 5 is a decent game. I never completed Far Cry New Dawn's single-player storyline. Moreover, New Dawn's plot and gameplay are awful. So far, I haven't seen anything to justify Far Cry 6's $90 - $100 (NZ dollars) price point. Perhaps the game might entice me when the price halves after sitting on shelves for 6 - 12 months.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join