It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metroid DREAD review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The long awaited Metroid Dread is finally hear! I’ve had the chance to play around 2 hours or so total I must say the game is stunning. It keeps you on your toes and constantly instills a sense of being lost on purpose. The map changes when you back track with new obstructions and factors when you back track forcing you to take new route or shutting off easy access to parts of the map it’s very well done and keeps you from pre planning your routes at least in your first play through.

The E.M.M.I are just too cool for school and their lore implications are….incredible from the beginning. They give a sense of urgency to your travels in certain zones until you find their core(Brian) and disable it. Very cool mechanic for a Metroid game.

I never feel like I am going in the right direction but I ultimately find my way. There are lots of hidden walls and items as their should be.

The musical score is stunning. The intro will send a blast of nostalgia into the brain of any veteran Metroid players the second you turn it on.

It’s 10/10 from me.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Looks pretty decent.

Though, having logged a bazillion hours on side scrollers, I think I'd get bored pretty fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Like all other in the genre they really only have 1 solid play in them. I like you have logged too many hour to count but still find this a innovative game.

a reply to: Tucket

join