It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon without electricity, Delhi staring down a blackout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I've been through a fair share of long-term (three plus days) power outages. There was never an immediate breakdown of society. But, as I said, we have support systems in place to handle these things. However, they do only work on local and smaller regional levels. On a widespread, national level I'm sure they would be stretched to breaking and things would be different. I'd still give it a week or so, once people start running low on food, for things to start getting sketchy.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: anonentity

I've been through a fair share of long-term (three plus days) power outages. There was never an immediate breakdown of society. But, as I said, we have support systems in place to handle these things. However, they do only work on local and smaller regional levels. On a widespread, national level I'm sure they would be stretched to breaking and things would be different. I'd still give it a week or so, once people start running low on food, for things to start getting sketchy.

I don't claim that it'd be immediate. Most people will hold together for awhile out of a sense of self-preservation. A few will want to take advantage of the situation. This is where it get's dicey.

After a few days, though, of no water, food stores spoiling or running out, law enforcement nearly non-existent due to the collapsed communications infrastructure, SELF-PRESERVATION changes from being a matter of holding civilized society together by trying to follow the rules to getting whatever the hell you need however the hell you have to get it.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Massive CME yesterday that hit Earth..

Most probable cause.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It’s all to say we just can’t handle a world without a world government as if we are all dumb they think we’re dumb but the truth is we’re so beat down we don’t have the resources to fight back we go right and our house and family go homeless this new system of slavery is the worse form yet because your slavers do it while virtue signaling about how great and woke they are

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

It's due to fuel shortages, as it said in the article linked to in the opening post.

The recent geomagnetic storm was only a G2. The scale runs from G1 at the low end to a G5 at the high end. You don't start getting massive power grid issues until G4 or G5.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
It’s all to say we just can’t handle a world without a world government as if we are all dumb they think we’re dumb but the truth is we’re so beat down we don’t have the resources to fight back we go right and our house and family go homeless this new system of slavery is the worse form yet because your slavers do it while virtue signaling about how great and woke they are

We have indentured ourselves to a system for comfort, the illusion of freedom, and the lie of having rights.

Nothing will change as long as we continue to view a life worth living, as one filled with possessions. Possessions that are the chains that keep us bound to the system, and to the Earthly master.

Nothing will change as long we we continue to evaluate our individual value and worth thru the eyes of our peers.

Nothing will change as long as we are waiting for someone to save us.

It is easy to blame a broken and corrupt system, much easier than removing yourself from it.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In April of 2011, a series of F4 and F5 tornadoes swept through this area. As a result, the power lines to/from the nuclear plant that supplies us were heavily damaged. The reactor was scrammed with no issues (thanks to good design and training... you listening Fukushima?) but the plant could not be started back until power to it was restored. That took a while, as the roads in and out were also heavily damaged, mainly from fallen trees.

The coal powered steam plant that serves as backup was also damaged. It was not repaired; it was decommissioned, mainly because it was already well past its original decommission date.

The nearby hydro plant kept operating, but refused to provide power to this area because it was running at capacity already. In short, we went without power of any kind for a solid week. This is what I observed in the towns and cities:
  • First day: nothing really happened. People were off work, but most just stayed home waiting for the power to be restored.
  • Three days: people started getting scared. Gasoline and food became scarce. The few stations that operated their pumps off portable generators saw gas lines of a few blocks' length. Grocery store shelves, in the stores which were able to get running on generator power, were pretty bare, especially of staples that had short shelf lives. Meat and frozen foods were thrown out, since there wasn't enough power to maintain coolers.
  • One week: fights started breaking out in the gas lines and the stores over food and gas. Police responses were strained to the breaking point; essentially, if it wasn't a life-threatening situation, they didn't care. The streets were pretty much empty except for those looking for supplies and criminals.
In the country, this is what I saw:
  • First day: more concern than there was in town, but still nothing major happened. Several people were driving around with chainsaws helping neighbors clear downed trees, which is pretty common after a tornado.
  • Three days: People started sharing generators in an attempt to preserve food and allow for personal hygiene. A few gas stations started opening for a few hours a day and word of who would be open when spread by word of mouth. There were long lines like in the cities. Some who had wood-fueled cooking setups were offering to cook meats and other perishables for those who were afraid they would spoil. Food was thus very plentiful, but everyone was also worried about the near future once the food reserves were gone.
  • One week: Communities began working together to help each other, taking turns checking on the elderly and infirm, carpooling into town for supplies to save gas, sharing food with those who were in need, that sort of thing. I saw no criminal activity or extra police activity; if anything, the roads were exceptionally quiet and peaceful.
Now, that probably would deviate some based on the culture in these areas, but that is what I saw here. I'd say if the power outage continues, one week would be when you'd see things really start to break down. I would also think Delhi would be more problematic than Lebanon. People who live in close proximity have fewer long-term resources to draw on and are thus more dependent on supply chains. They also seem to be the very people who don't care about others when times get hard.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I live in the woods. I have lived in the country almost all my life, just a few years in the city during my university and military days, soon after, this country girl had to return to her roots.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with describing how country folk ride out a storm.

One advantage is that we pretty much know who is who, who needs what, and who has what.

Neighbors are like family. In a crisis, you don't have much choice about who you are stuck with. You all know what needs to be done and you put aside your petty differences to deal with the big problems.

If all goes well, you can pick up those petty grievances when the crisis is over.

City folks can weather the storm with less turmoil if they have a strong community unit. I think the churches play a big part in helping form some of those units.

Out here in the woods we take care of those nearest us, and as you say, take to the trucks with the chain saws and emergency supplies, to help out the bordering communities, and the ones that have reached out to the church for help.

Country folk are usually doers. They don't need to be told when something needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We have indentured ourselves to a system for comfort, the illusion of freedom, and the lie of having rights.

That ^^^^^, that right there.
Rainbows
jane

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, out here one has to be a doer or nothing gets doed. We can't rely on the same level of service that cities have, because things are so spread out. So we learn to rely on ourselves and neighbors. I think that's also why folks out here tend to distrust politicians whenever they come up with their grand schemes... we're used to getting the short end of the stick whenever that happens.

The problem in the cities, as I see it, is that even when one community is close-knit, the "outsiders" aren't miles away... they're blocks away. So even if one area of town is able to come together to ride out a problem, they also have to deal with those who aren't willing to do what it takes for everyone to get through. That's a big problem, because one person working against everyone else can sabotage a lot. Plus, you have that expectation of public services we don't have. When those services disappear, many don't know how to do for themselves; they never had to do for themselves.

I agree that churches help... but they can only do so much in the cities.

It's really amazing how much we have come to depend on electricity. I didn't realize just how much until those tornadoes came through. Normally I am watching local reports, keeping up with storm tracks, and at the same time keeping one eye on the sky above me to see if and when it's time to seek shelter. After the second wave came through, the power went out. Suddenly there were no TV weather reports, no Internet to check reports, nothing but the sky above me to tell me what was coming. I remember sitting on the couch with my wife, snuggled up i the dark, thinking to myself "Is this it?"

Without power we had no water (private well), no lights, no communication, and no way to store food. That's not a survivable long-term arrangement. I did have the assurance that we didn't have to overly concern ourselves about looters, but city folk don't even have that. If the power goes out in Delhi and stays out, I expect that will be one of the big problems. The police are simply not capable of maintaining the peace without the infrastructure in place and operating.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Modern hi-tech society is over when the electricity shuts down. It is sort of immediate. The supermarket freezers without power have about twenty hours. But food coming in from the countryside could keep it going. That's if you haven't sold all your donkeys for food to China as Nigeria did.

So is propaganda/brainwashing control grid, that's why I am inclined to think TPTB wont let it happen, they will quickly lose control of the narrative and all hell will break lose.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I was listening to Ireland on radio garden tonight and someone was talking about recommissioning a power station because they are worried about losing power over the winter, which I would imagine is a big deal in a country as far north as Ireland. Living in the deep south, I am not so worried about the winters as I am the summer. No AC would be a brutal situation in Florida.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Lebanon, historically, has been out of power. Lebanese rural areas get about an hour a day of electricity since 1990. Also historically, Israel bombs Lebanese Power Plants resulting in Lebanese counties running electric at a cost attributed to the generosity of the Saudis and other Arab countries. No offense to Israel supporters. Perhaps it is deserved. Just first-hand facts.

Having said that, today was a historic day in Lebanon, concerning the fight for ruling.

If you have Instagram

www.instagram.com...
edit on 14-10-2021 by jannybobani9 because: typo yo, leave me alone

edit on 14-10-2021 by jannybobani9 because: Typo yo, leave me alone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join