It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police watch on as migrants cross Channel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Thing with all those millions is the money hardly ever reaches its intended target audience down to corruption at so many different levels.

Same type of people who scoop that cash up are in cahoots with the same type of people these poor sods pay to help them escape the hellhole nations they are attempting to flee.

Its a money game, as much as anything else, and the fact of the matter is that there is more profit to be had with people and human misery than there is with powder.

Rather a vicious circle if we are honest.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They are people who do not have the balls to fight for their own countries,and deserve no respect for cowardly running away.

If I remember correctly you've haven't done any fighting yourself have you.
And I very much doubt you have 'the balls' to do so.

And you have absolutely no comprehension of the lives many of these people are fleeing from.

You sit there secure in your first world bubble and have the arrogance to call them 'cowards' etc whilst lacking the courage and strength of conviction to do anything about anything.
Would you be prepared to put a bullet in a mother holding her baby who's only crime is to seek a better life for her children?
I suspect you wouldn't......but you'd be quite happy for someone to do the deed for you.

That is morally repugnant.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Shooting invaders.

If indigenous peoples had taken that approach, many countries around the world would never have come into existence,your own included.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I don't think anyone is suggesting we welcome them all in with open arms or advocating any sort of open door immigration policy.
I know I passionately oppose both.

But we can treat these people in a compassionate and humane manner until we work out how best to deal with the situation.
That does not mean allowing them to roam around the country freely and/or giving them every luxury possible.....but it also doesn't mean we should treat them little better than animals or turn them back mid-Channel - and certainly not shoot them!

I have some friends in London, proper old-fashioned Yardie types to look at.
They are big, hard men who've worked hard all their lives and done quite well for themselves.
They are appalled at the levels of crime in London and the attitude of many of the recent influx of immigrants, predominantly from Eastern Africa and parts of the Middle East.

I also agree that the people from these countries should be at the forefront of rebuilding and reshaping their own nations.

But none of that gets away from the fact that these migrants should be treated with respect and dignity....until such time that they show that they deserve neither.

There are no easy or quick fire solutions to this problem and its not going to disappear over night so I suggest we put some real time and effort into working out how we are going to handle this.
And as much as I'm loathe to say this I think until such time these migrants stop wanting to come here in such numbers the first thing we need to do is work together with our continental neighbours.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I bet some one is getting Paid to Let them do this.

Do you think they would let then in to france
if they thought thay would Stay in france?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Shooting invaders.

If indigenous peoples had taken that approach, many countries around the world would never have come into existence,your own included.

The Indians tried that and look where it got them.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

They are people who do not have the balls to fight for their own countries,and deserve no respect for cowardly running away.

And you have absolutely no comprehension of the lives many of these people are fleeing from.

You sit there secure in your first world bubble and have the arrogance to call them 'cowards' etc whilst lacking the courage and strength of conviction to do anything about anything.
Would you be prepared to put a bullet in a mother holding her baby who's only crime is to seek a better life for her children?
I suspect you wouldn't......but you'd be quite happy for someone to do the deed for you.

If I wont be sent to jail for shooting them you would be wrong. If its a lawful order to shoot down a invader,regardless of sex,age than i have no compuntion to not do as ordered.

I sit here because i am freaking disabled. I can still operate a trigger if need be to defend the nation from outsiders in a militia.
At least I still have the option to go out and defend myself with a gun instead of a butter knife like you brits.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Shooting invaders.

You just made my point, shooting invanders don't work.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Shooting invaders.

THE INDIANS DIDNT HAVE ANY GUNS SO THEY COULDNT STOP PEOPLE WHO DID...smh (caps for slow talking emphasis)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Shooting invaders.

THE INDIANS DIDNT HAVE ANY GUNS SO THEY COULDNT STOP PEOPLE WHO DID...smh (caps for slow talking emphasis)

When an arrow is fired it's called " shooting an arrow " Did you not know that ?

A shot doesn't have to be from a firearm. Ever heard of a " sling shot " ?

This lessaon comes free of charge.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that it is not against the law for you (a civilian) to shoot an "invader"

Could you put your theory in practice and go to your border and just shoot someone crossing the border

Is that the border with Mexico or Canada or both, hell shoot one on each border

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If I wont be sent to jail for shooting them you would be wrong. If its a lawful order to shoot down a invader,regardless of sex,age than i have no compuntion to not do as ordered.

I sit here because i am freaking disabled. I can still operate a trigger if need be to defend the nation from outsiders in a militia.
At least I still have the option to go out and defend myself with a gun instead of a butter knife like you brits.

You think us Brits ought to be murdering these migrants with guns?

Bloody hell.

What the hell is wrong with yo?

Of course, butter knives over here are illegal. Etc. Zzzzzz.....

Tommy Robinson next, I suppose?
edit on 11-10-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If its a lawful order to shoot down a invader,regardless of sex,age than i have no compuntion to not do as ordered.

It was lawful in Nazi Germany when they gassed millions of people.....it was still morally repugnant.

And 'just following orders' sort of rings a bell as well.

I can still operate a trigger if need be to defend the nation from outsiders in a militia.

By shooting and killing unarmed women and children who's only crime is to seek a better life.
Your countrymen must be proud of your willingness to defend them from these 'invaders'.

Ha ha.
If you're going to try and insult us please at least try to be original.....and funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Indeed.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Give yourself a wobble yuppa.

There are innocent men woman and kids packed tight on they boats like sardines in a can.

As well as any alleged terrorists you think might be hiding amongst them.

Shooting them just is not a logical thing to do never mind down right deplorable and diabolical in the extreme.

And as to your precious firearms, we don't need or want to see guns over here in the same manner as you have in the USA for very obvious reasoning's.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Give yourself a wobble yuppa.

There are innocent men woman and kids packed tight on they boats like sardines in a can.

As well as any alleged terrorists you think might be hiding amongst them.

Shooting them just is not a logical thing to do never mind down right deplorable and diabolical in the extreme.

And as to your precious firearms, we don't need or want to see guns over here in the same manner as you have in the USA for very obvious reasoning's.

Funny i thought all who are born human have sinned. CHildren get a pass normally though.We are to respect the laws of the countries in which we live. That includes their laws on border crossing. Doing against the law is going against what God said to do isnt it?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You think us Brits ought to be murdering these migrants with guns?

Bloody hell.

What the hell is wrong with yo?

Of course, butter knives over here are illegal. Etc. Zzzzzz.....

Tommy Robinson next, I suppose?

I seem to remember the brits had no qualms about killing savages in the past so.....

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

Are you suggesting that it is not against the law for you (a civilian) to shoot an "invader"

Could you put your theory in practice and go to your border and just shoot someone crossing the border

Is that the border with Mexico or Canada or both, hell shoot one on each border

Am i suggesting that you need to work on reading comprehension? I said IF I WAS LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO SO.(caps for easy reading)
edit on 21000000pppm by yuppa because: edited for clarity

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They need to be stopped at source not murdered

Stopping this at the source is impossible so long as we don't view them as human beings. The hard truth is nobody gives a sh!t about these people

What is it you propose? There's more to it than stopping this at the source

I won't bore you with data you won't read, but between climate related disasters and emergencies, related economic issues and war there is going to be nothing but migrants in the years to come

edit on 10/11/2021 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What's god got to do with shooting into a mass of men woman and kids???

How many assault rifles or any other firearms were there in the Bible?

Children get a pass???

Do you imagine bullets stop to check their ID?

Seek help pal soon coz your sounding like you are not right in the head.
edit on 11-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join