It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police watch on as migrants cross Channel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am not advocating needlessly harming anyone. But I am also not advocating allowing illegal entry to a nation for any reason. Right now, literally, the US is seeing record numbers of illegals due to the current administrations invitation. And for all intents and purposes, that is exactly what it was. And it is criminal.

I remember not all that long ago when so-called middle eastern refugees were swarming into Europe. I remember the screening camps that were set up where it was determined that many of these so-called refugees were just economic opportunists, and some had ties to terrorist organizations. I remember not all that long ago that London overtook New York in per capita murder and the majority of the crimes were committed by so-called refugees.

The US is the great melting pot. It is an example of people seeking freedom in a new home. But that is an enormous difference from what is happening today. My grandparents came to this country legally. They waited in line, they took the test, they swore allegiance to this nation forsaking all others, they payed their fair share of taxes, they worked hard to make something of themselves, and they loved this country. Today people sneaking in under the cover of darkness are treated better than my grandparents were.

No country was ever made great by people sneaking across its borders in the middle of the night. Many have been destroyed that way, but none made great.

At our southern border we should be identifying, as well as possible, who these illegals are, then putting them on transport back to wherever it was that they came from. I would expect the UK to do the same. Not send them back out onto open waters in a leaky raft, but deliver them safely back to their point or origin. It seems you have a desire to characterize every action taken to deny these illegals entry in the most heinous light. I don't think anyone is suggesting harming these people or placing them at unnecessary risk. Just turn them around and send them back home with the understanding that there is a legal way to enter and an illegal way to enter. Only the former will be allowed to stay.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Glad to hear you are not advocating needlessly harming anyone.

Here is the thing about delivering them safely back to their point of origin through.

If that's France we are no longer in the EU hence they don't really need to accept them anymore than we do.

So they are just going to go from pillar to post.

And if its another nation half-way around the world that they claim they are escaping for a multitude of reasons, that may be rather hard to accomplish, depending on what's happening there or current diplomatic relations we have.

I think a lot of them are in for a shock once they get here Vroomfondel, because its hardly all bread wine and honey.

Plenty of people here have suggested harming them, i suggest you go back and read the thread if in doubt.

And if you could just explain exactly how you imagine we are supposed to turn them around and send them back home when they arrive on our shores by the boat load i would be eternally grateful.

Coz just marching them back in to the water saying "Back to where you came from and apply to come here legally next time ta'ta." don't seem to be working.

Just not a viable solution you see.
edit on 10-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Glad to hear you are not advocating needlessly harming anyone.

Here is the thing about delivering them safely back to their point of origin through.

If that's France we are no longer in the EU hence they don't really need to accept them anymore than we do.

So they are just going to go from pillar to post.

And if its another nation half-way around the world that they claim they are escaping for a multitude of reasons, that may be rather hard to accomplish, depending on what's happening there or current diplomatic relations we have.

I think a lot of them are in for a shock once they get here Vroomfondel, because its hardly all bread wine and honey.

Plenty of people here have suggested harming them, i suggest you go back and read the thread if in doubt.

And if you could just explain exactly how you imagine we are supposed to turn them around and send them back home when they arrive on our shores by the boat load i would be eternally grateful.

Coz just marching them back in to the water saying "Back to where you came from and apply to come here legally next time ta'ta." don't seem to be working.

Just not a viable solution you see.

Actually when mexico used to shoot invaders from down south immigration was managable.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually when mexico used to shoot invaders from down south immigration was managable.

So, just to be clear about this so there is absolutely no misunderstanding; you are advocating shooting illegal immigrants?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not the first in the thread Freeborn.

And wont be the last.

They don't have any sort of objective solutions to the problem.

Then again nether does anyone.

But one thing is rather clear shooting or sinking boats full of civilians the majority of such are only seeking a better life, however misguided they may be, will only result in making a horrendous situation 10 times worse.

And it would not stop the boats nether, but just make them employ even more dangerous tactics and take more risk with boats loaded to the brim with there human cargo.
edit on 11-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

As a wise man once said "so".

Nobody here is shooting at boats full of refugees on our end, period.

And if they do they will go to jail.

Simple.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I wonder at what sort of people think its morally and ethically sound to open fire and shoot at a boat load of unarmed people for as you say doing nothing worse than seeking a better life.

These self same people seek to take the moral high ground and demonise the would be migrants.
One has to wonder just who is the potential terrorist in these instances?

There are no easy solutions or quick fix answers but one thing is certain; shooting them will never be an acceptable option.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I will be surprised if Boris manages to keep the leccie running all winter if im honest.

Too right, just checked outside there's no wind whatsoever all the wind turbones are static and Bozzas's gonna need a big fart to keep this sh*t show going

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I wonder at what sort of people think its morally and ethically sound to open fire and shoot at a boat load of unarmed people for as you say doing nothing worse than seeking a better life.

Typically internet yahoos who, if the situation presented itself in real life, would crap their pants before fulfilling their big words.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed.
The people who expect others to do the dirty work for them.
And when confronted face to face their arses tend to fall out.

Seems there's a lot of those types around nowadays.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
They are an invading force so treat them as such.

They are literally unarmed refugees.

Blow them out of the water, defend our shores

I know how bad that sounds,

Do you though?

It's a good job I am not in command

Well, that's the only part of your post I can wholeheartedly agree with.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He's off to Marbella on holiday ufoorbhunter.

I don't think he cares much one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I don't think her cares much one way or the other.

Oh, I'm sure he'll find a way to keep his leccie running. He'll have his butler out on a treadmill or something.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I completely understand your point and agree. Its not as simple as it sounds. I don't know how so-called refugees are handled in the UK. Here we put them in expensive hotel rooms, give them thousands of tax payer dollars, and then ship them to some red state so they can vote blue and try to flip it. For us the common sense solution is, instead of spending tens of thousands per illegal, pay the one time price of a trip home on public transportation. Ship, plane, train, whatever, its bound to be cheaper than keeping them and safer for legitimate citizens. The problem is our government wants to keep them because they vote blue.

I think in the final analysis its cheaper and safer for both of us to just put them on a plane or ship and send them home. The bed of roses they think they found is full of thorns and they will end up hating it and taking it out on the locals.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't think her cares much one way or the other.

Blimey.............. You'd think he'd be around with companies all over the UK on the brink. How strange.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Seem to recall the Man doing a disappearing act and not being about much when all those floods and "Storm Dennis" happened not that long ago also.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sound mate.

I don't think anybody has any realistic answers as to what's to be done.

I'm away out with this dog now, promised her a big walk.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You're all full of "oh, poor immigrants", " think of all the women and children", "they only after a better life", BS, BS, BS. You aint got them in your neighbourhood yet. Just on the news. Majority of crime in London committed by 85% blacks. THESE are the migrants you feel for as my Jamaican friends are being blamed for it and they don't like it.
Wait till the shi#storm is living by you then make your judgement.
Having them here is NOT a solution, I don't care how bad off they are, The saying "I'm not my brothers keeper" is quite apt. And it's NOT my problem to put their country right, they must do it themselves. But with all the millions we're giving them they can't even do that.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Invaders dont have to be armed with weapons,because they are the weapon of political change.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So, just to be clear about this so there is absolutely no misunderstanding; you are advocating shooting illegal immigrants?

Shooting invaders/Deserters/felons who rush a secure border.If they want in they come in through the proper entry. if not they are up to no good. They are not immigrants.They are people who do not have the balls to fight for their own countries,and deserve no respect for cowardly running away. In a sense DESERTERS.
Eventually the cartels will stop sending them after the invaders see what happens to deserters.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join