It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police watch on as migrants cross Channel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Why the need for a new thread on the same subject?

Because what is happening now is current that was just a history lesson for those with short memories.
Yeah , I'm looking at you.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Why the need for a new thread on the same subject?

Because what is happening now is current that was just a history lesson for those with short memories.
Yeah , I'm looking at you.

only it isn't a history lesson. Just more regurgitating of project fear from the racist xenophobic right.
Yeah, I'm looking at you.
edit on 9-10-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just more regurgitating of project fear.

Project Fear had complete ownership by The Remoaners.

Oh.

'It was Project Fear and it didn't work:' Head of Remain campaign says economic dangers of Brexit were exaggerated

www.itv.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So complaining about illegal migrants braking into this country is racist and xenophobic ?

Never had you down as a woolly liberal Solo.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Except when the refugee migrant worker turns out out to be a terrorist and kills your citizens like in San Bernardino and the Boston marathon bombing. Then you get that blood your hands. If I had to choose one I choose the one that saves the lives of my own people.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Sorry mate but not all refugees are terrorists.

Plenty of homegrown ones from our own shores Vroomfondel.

Its not like we need to import them as unfortunate as the case may be.

If i had to choose it certainly would not be to shoot unarmed men woman and children in a dinghy.

Quite frankly that's how you create the next generation of terrorist.

So following your logic you simply become what you are trying to prevent.

Should probably add this is about the UK so hardly my people in San Bernardino or the Boston marathon bombing, RIP to the poor sods anyroad.
edit on 9-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The thing is, Solo criticises anything and everything that relates to the British government and by extension the English.
If Boris and his gang were welcoming all these illegal immigrants with open arms Solo would criticise them for that; its Westminster that's at fault, always.

Anyone with half a brain knows that there is no easy solution to the illegal migrant situation/problem.
We can't simply turn all these migrants back with little or no regard for their safety.....but neither can we have an open door policy that lets anyone and everyone into the country.

Too many people just want to play the blame game, pass the buck and point their fingers at everyone else rather than sitting down and talking in an open and honest manner.
France feels they carry the burden for the whole of Europe and are quite happy to pass that burden on to the UK, especially at the moment.

The problem isn't going to go away any time soon so I'd suggest people put their ego's aside and try to find some sort of workable solution.....but I guess that's too much to expect from politicians - of all persuasions - and those seeking to exploit the situation to further their own agenda's.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No, not all of them are. But until we know which ones are and which ones aren't, why are we letting them in? We lock our doors at night to keep strangers out because we don't know their intent. We get to know people before we invite them to our homes. We don't just look the other way and hope they are all going to be nice to us.

As for home grown terrorists, when I heard someone in congress say white gun owning conservatives are the biggest terrorist group in this nation the concept of home grown terrorist went out the window. There are two kinds of terrorists. One is the real genuine article. The other is anyone who one political side wants to slander and belittle so their words mean less.

If you ask me, the real homegrown terrorist is the one who seeks to disenfranchise Americans, puts foreign nationals ahead of American citizens, and sells out our freedom for a false sense of security.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That's fantastic mate get it off your chest but this thread is about French police allowing migrants to cross the ""English"" channel.

America is thousands of miles in the other direction.

Any road surly you are not suggesting gunning down men woman and children under the premise that some of them may be terrorists?

Coz that's just mental never mind pathetic in the extreme.

edit on 9-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yep , but I'm sure there's no xenophobia against the English going on there.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I never said anything about gunning down children ffs. You should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting it. And there is a similarity between the UK and the US on this particular point.

But home is home and it should be protected, whether its UK or US doesn't matter. They both deserve protection from their government and from neighboring nations. You have France sitting there watching as people illegally enter. We have Mexico doing the same thing. And there is always the chance that one of those migrants is an enemy combatant and innocent lives will be lost. All I said was why take that risk?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Im not the one suggesting its an idea to turn back boats into the sea that contain men woman and children.

I'm also not the one suggesting that some of them are terrorists, so all should pay the price, because your paranoid, plenty of shame all over your mitts there i imagine.

Also quite a few people in this thread have suggested sinking or shooting the poor sods in the boats to be some kind of solution or deterrent to the next mob. I did ask you it as a question, or if you thought it was ok.

Pray tell through, if home is home, and should be protected, what's your plan to stop these poor sods in the boats and turn them around to go somewhere else without shooting at them?

Harsh language, maybe wave a big stick at them? LoL

You see the state of them right, how overcrowded they are, with inappropriate clothing on, and little to no food or water, sending them back out to sea, is a death sentence.

And as to why take the risk, well empathy and human decency for one.

Would you leave a lifeboat floating in the sea that came off a ship full of men woman and children because you thought there might be a terrorist amongst them?

Why take the risk, because they are human beings just like you, me, or anyone else.

Its real solutions we require, not nonsensical walls or violence towards refugees in boats.

The problem needs to be addressed at the root, on their end.

Because France are not going to stop them and we are not going to sink them.
edit on 10-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Wow.

Addressing root causes.....what a novel approach.

But in the meantime we have to put our own house in order.
We can't just accept all these migrants but neither can we simply turn them back and wash our hands of any responsibility or moral obligation.

Its not an easy fix - the thing is no-one is actually trying to fix it at present; everyone is passing the buck, blaming anyone and everyone else, burying their head in the sand and/or using it as a political hot potato in order to further one ideological agenda or another.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I don't know about novel approach, but shooting or sinking them is certainly an untenable solution and not something any sane person would be willing to entertain.

Its a predicament and a half, with seemingly no viable solution at hand.

Here is the thing as well with addressing the root causes.

We make enough of a mess in other nations and don't exactly have the best of track records when it comes to fixing other peoples problems abroad.

Somethings is going to have to give, and if I'm generally honest, i don't really have a clue as to what that will be.

Seems we are damned if we do or damned if we don't and its a doozy and a half to contend with.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The French Interior Minister has visited the beach and complained the British haven't given the money promised by Patel , the word extortion comes to mind but hey , he's French.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Imagine living in a country so bad that MENA people will pass through it and risk riding an overcrowded dingy to live in Britain!! That’s France for you.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Of course no decent human being would advocate sinking these boats or even turning them round and returning them straight away.
But we simply can not allow every single one of them entry.
And why should we?

Ok, the UK may be partly responsible for the current situation in the country of origin of some of these migrants but that is a very complicated and complex subject and all too often those consumed with self-hate and woke sensibilities seem intent on casting all the blame in one direction.
Root cause analysis requires brutal honesty; and that includes with regards to the migrants themselves and the domestic situation from which they are fleeing.

The UK and its people are not the Devil Incarnate, which is how so many people like to portray them.
The UK has long been a safe haven for the world's dispossessed.
Should we do more?
Probably.
But we can not, and indeed should not, just allow any Tom, Dick, or Harry entry into the country.

And neither should we dismiss valid concerns about terrorists gaining entry into the country disguised as genuine migrants.
The harsh reality is that far too many perpetrators of recent terrorist attacks have been asylum seekers.
Obviously not all asylum seekers are, the vast majority probably aren't....but too many terrorists are.
That unfortunately is a FACT.

At the end of the day we need to start fixing the broken countries from where these migrants come from.
How we go about that is beyond my knowledge.
Yes, the UK should be a part of that process, but those coming from these places bear a huge portion of the responsibility too and that's something that is frequently overlooked, for various reasons.

Anyway, on a slight different tack; I've just read that many Afghan refugees are sick of hotel life in the UK and want to go back home.
Solution: Put every migrant in a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and within a month they'll all want to return from whence they came.

Are UK Hotels really that bad?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I would have thought UK hotels preferable to the boat journey put it that way.

And i agree we should not dismiss that some of them may be terrorists or other sorts of dirty wrong'yins that commit terrible atrocities.

Assuming such all the same where a boat loaded with men woman and children are concerned is somewhat problematic.

Probably best to establish the fact of that matter after they come out the sea because questioning them on the boat seems rather silly.

As it might not exactly be tenable down to numbers, weather conditions, language barriers, never mind the skilled personal required to do so.

As to facts, well fact is terrorists wishing to enter into the UK have plenty of other means at their disposal rather than overloaded dinghy full of asylum seekers never mind access to other resources that would allow them to gain entry into our nation.

Granted it somewhat offers a stealthy approach but there are also drawbacks to coming in in such a manner.

People coming from these places do indeed share measure of blame, but that wont stop them coming or provide any sort of solution.

Fact is we cannot cope with the number of poor souls that are essentially refugees from our own shores never mind an additional load of coming in on boats every day of the week aka the 320,000+ homeless sods on the streets or in temporary accommodation.

Here is a solution, invade France take back the Angevin Empire and we can police both sides of the channel.

And you know what mate it still would not stop people coming if they choose to make the journey are are inclined to do so. LoL

Its a hell of a predicament and one where im not hearing any sort of definitive answer being provided, political or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's all fun and games until one of the fit young ones rapes or murders your wife or kid.

Because that's what the vast majority are on these boats - fit young (individual) men.

Not many are a family unit or this 'women and children' malarkey. How many are fit young women on their own?

They are undoubtedly told exactly what to say when they get picked up. Amazing how so many 'have family members already in the uk' isn't it?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

A seems many people, and I’m talking about the lefty liberals here, think all is rosy anywhere but in the U.K. the question of migrants whether they be true asylum seekers (very few) or economic migrants (the majority) is only going to increase year-on-year. This has been known since the 1950’s.
If people think the U.K. and for that matter the U.S. have harsh immigration policies then why do migrants travel through perfectly ‘good’ and ‘welcoming’ 1st world countries, risking life and limb to get there?
What’s so terrible about France that the migrants are prepared to pay thousands to get out of there, pile into a barely pond worthy dingy to cross one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world?
The French don’t want them, they’re a drain on the state. Even getting to France they’ve probably passed through the southern routes via Italy and Spain.
The EU has quite a dossier on illegal migration. Ah! Yes! The benevolent EU. The perfect paradise everyone wants to live in.
Yet in reality migrants trying to enter the EU are faced with harsher penalties, sharper razor wire, quicker deportation and brutal tear inducing baton charges than anything they encounter crossing into the US or the U.K.
I’ll leave you to read the EU’s migration policy. It’s reality answers the question as to why the migrates want to get out of the EU as soon as possible.

EU Irregular Migration & Return

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join