It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walked out of veterans hospital as a employee for the final time today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's fine to rant about the topic....

But not to go after other members.

Go after the ball not the player.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Fetal stem cells from aborted tissue were used in the early research of the vaccines (tho there are no stem cells in the actual vaxx). That alone is enough for people who's religious beliefs define abortion as a sin to plead vaccination exemption based on religion.
edit on 8-10-2021 by DreadKnock because: Cuz people have feelings

edit on 8-10-2021 by DreadKnock because: Correction

Leaked Pfizer email:

edit on 8-10-2021 by DreadKnock because: Clarification

edit on 8-10-2021 by DreadKnock because: OCD

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: holydarkness

I've been wondering which organized religions are against vaccines? If you don't mind saying, which religion do you belong to, but don't feel obligated just because I asked? It's none of my business but I'm curious.

I'm fully opposed to any kind of forced or coerced vaccinations, in any way shape, or form. I've just not noticed much about which religions it is that tell its members not to get vaccines?

Rereading does make a difference. The religion, in this case, does not matter, it’s the strongly held belief; which is supported by Christian and Jewish scriptures. The Supreme Court of USA has upheld that the belief and not the religious doctrine that matters. The 1st amendment; paraphrased:“freedom of religion”, not “freedom for religion.”

And to answer your question, which religious group is opposed to vaccination, Christian Science is at least one religious group.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FiddleBackOne

Good Points. Thanks for adding them to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's the OP I was asking, but I personally don't think it is a religious thing, with the obvious exception of some small groups. To me, it's a basic right to make those decisions for ourselves.

I'm old enough to have been through the wait to register for the draft during the Vietnam War. Just barely but I could have gone in the last round. Then people were trying all sorts of things, including lies to get out of the draft and nobody should have to do that ever. In particular, when it comes to can you stick a needle in me. I think our leaders are going to regret this, just like they regretted the draft. This will not be a shining moment in our history.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am with you 100% on this.

Management think absolutely nothing of the fact that many of us have decades of experience and dedication etc etc, it means nothing to them and their reprobate minds.

Many of us have the protected right to forgo these vaxxes for religious grounds, but wtf. I'm done.

The inevitable mandate will be the last straw for a good many of us. There are plenty of alternative opportunities.

It's irrational to my mind that an employer would jeapordise their operations for what? Forcing by coercion an experimental drug of dubious benefit? Its their loss.

it feels like as the days go by, I'm witnessing a wee bit more of a grand and diabolical plan to inexorably bring civilisation to conflict/war and set the world ablaze.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: loam

Like I said I'm opposed to forced vaccination even though personally I've had the shots. For me, it was a personal choice and it should be for everyone.

All I've found so far on my question is that Muslims and Buddhists have no issue with vaccinations. Christians/Catholics/Protestants only if the vaccine is from fetal cells somehow and beyond a few fringe groups (fringe meaning having few members) it's all personal beliefs.

It’s weird that some people think religious beliefs are more important than my personal beliefs . Since I live in America and all I feel like I should have rights . Like the right to not take an emergency use vaccine for no reason at all . It doesn’t stop you from getting covid . It doesn’t stop you from spreading covid . It kills about 3 people for every thousand .
Natural immunity is most likely the only way you will never catch covid again . Half the people who get covid show no symptoms so I’d say natural immunity is the way to go . It’s worked for the last hundreds of thousand of years . For some reason over the last two years that’s changed according to our government and dr Fauci and China and all the scientists of the world and Pfizer and moderna .
So instead of us having to use excuses to not take an experimental emergency vaccine we should say we are Americans damnit and we don’t have to put up with this and any American who is proven to of stripped us of our rights should be impeached or fired and never given a job again from anyone ever . Our rights are the absolute most Important thing in this country . We need to think for ourselves .
Also even if the US government didn’t give Fauci millions to give to the wuhan lab to do illegal testing on how to give covid bat diseases to humans which was impossible beforehand without gain of function testing which is highly immoral and basically like some sick dr Mengele stuff . Even if this covid didn’t escape from the wuhan lab which it actually must of because that’s what the whole world reported , even if fauci and all his cronies didn’t own stock in moderna and everything else I would still believe in my right to choose to do what I want as long as it’s not harming anyone else
edit on 8-10-2021 by Thenail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringercompanion

Its like they are trying to make a philosophers stone by sacrificing a majority of the worlds souls in a war or something. hmmm....(yes FMA brotherhood reference,but hey sometimes fiction is somewhat true and vice versa for all we know.)
And no im not serious on the P stone part,just strange they want to set the world on fire. 3rd impact anyone? they gonna put us back in TANG?

Ok ok ..ill stop. Ill be here all week.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Standing against tyranny is NOT EVER going to be easy.

We will sacrifice.

We must.

Lives, fortunes, and Sacred Honor. That is what it takes to secure the blessings of Liberty for ourselves and our posterity. Liberty we inherited.

Keep speaking, standing for your rights, and fighting like hell.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Veteran patients have a higher obesity rate than the the civilian population. If Veterans truly cared about their personal health and hospital staff they would lose weight.

Nope.

news.yale.edu...

Obesity rates among veterans are approaching that of the general public, according to a new study by researchers at Yale and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.

The nationally representative survey of more than 3,000 U.S. veterans found that nearly one in three — 32.7% — are obese. The prevalence of obesity in the general public is 37.7%.

The rate was particularly high among younger and non-white veterans, smokers, and those with histories of trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Bagging on veterans with PTSD and other stress disorders who are over-weight, probably from stress eating - nice.

Wonder if there's a treatment for lack of empathy?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Having said that, it does not escape me that not all people who claim religious exemption are honest about the reason. I'm angry they are put in that position in the first place, but question it at times.

Ummm...As Loam spoke to...I'm a fairly..."spiritual"...individual...however I am not a member of any organized or dis-organized religion...

In this era...there are possibly more persons in that category than in organized religion...per se...

Perhaps there are persons who are using a religious exemption as an excuse not to get jabbed with the MRNA juice...however...if there is no other recourse offered to them in order for them to exercise their constitutional right to be secure in body...not to mention the much touted phrase..."my body my choice"...then I'm quite sure we can excuse them for having been forced into that position by an exemplary...lack of science and logic...

No argument here...merely clarification...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: holydarkness
he said if you want to get religious exemption I would have to sign a legal document that stated if they found out I was lying about my religion that I would be imprisoned for 5 years and be fined 100k.

Good on you for standing up for your principles, but...

Why not sign the document. It isn't like they are ever going to be able to prove you were lying about your personal, private religious beliefs - unless you some day said you were lying about it.

Anyone who falls for their garbage claim that you have to be a member of some large formal religion that has anti-vaxx as one of it's official tenets is falling for a lie. You don't have to belong to ANY organized religion. Just pick up a copy of the Bible, and find the passages that talk about your body being your holy temple to God, allowing no unclean thing to enter it, etc etc, anything that supports an inviolate Right to being in full control of the integrity of your own body.

ETA: unless of course as someone else said, you were just fed up and didn't want to bow down in ANY way whatsoever - in that case, standing ovation!

Now get yourself to Florida and get a higher paying job in a lower tax jurisdiction!

Do not sign the document! This is a standard tactic of theirs. While they may never be able to prove that you were lieing they will tie you up in court with legal fees and who knows what else. Now this may not seem like an issue, but when you are not working attorneys fees add up fast. There is no guarantee that you get a judge that is fair either. There are many that are right there with these people and will side with them based on some nonsense proving you drank x drink once or missed church most Sunday's.

Way too risky. No guarantee you will get legal fees as relief either.

Much better to let them place you on vacation, then leave and then fired. At least in that scenario you can potentially claim benefits while finding another job. This will also allow you to sue for wrongful termination (possibly) at a later date if there is a ruling that goes against this mandates.

Much more of an upside and safer to not play their game.

Also congrats to you for holding strong! There are always trials and tribulations, how you respond is how you will be judged. Hold the line !

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
How do you prove your religion?

although there is no mention of vaccines in religious texts, so it is a bit of a dirty excuse.

Don't be like that.

My God gifted me this body to be a vessal for my immortal soul for this brief time I'm on Earth.

All he asked is that I be a caretaker of this gift. To me that means that I don't do anything to deliberately harm my body; and if I undertake health care for it, the only reason I'll undergo medical treatment - a vaccine, friend - is when I, in consulation with my God, determine that the medical treatemnt - a vaccine, friend - is necesary for *me* to keep or become healthy for this wonderful gift that He gave me.

I won't wear a mask because that's a form of "medical treatment" that I've determined that I don't need to undertake for my own health; and I don't do "testing" for a disease that I have determined that I don't need for my own health ("testing" being a form of treatment because the only purpose of it is to determine if further medical intervention is needed; also lots of medical "tests" are also treatments).

Of course I also mentioned that I began formulating this ideal back when I went to a Catholic high school 40 years ago.

I got my religious exemption the other day.
edit on 9-10-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: holydarkness

I'm proud of you and those that walked out. If it was truly about health they would have closed the border

If this was truly about health they would have done nothing because it's just a harmless virus for pretty much everyone on the planet.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

"religious exemptions" aren't just for members of organized religion (here in the USA).

By definition under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act they're for people with strongly held religious or moral beliefs.

From the EEOC's own definition:

Title VII defines “religion” to include “all aspects of religious observance and practice as well as belief,” not just practices that are mandated or prohibited by a tenet of the individual’s faith.[18] Religion includes not only traditional, organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Buddhism, but also religious beliefs that are new, uncommon, not part of a formal church or sect, only subscribed to by a small number of people, or that seem illogical or unreasonable to others.[19] Further, a person’s religious beliefs “need not be confined in either source or content to traditional or parochial concepts of religion.”[20] A belief is “religious” for Title VII purposes if it is “religious” in the person’s “own scheme of things,” i.e., it is a “sincere and meaningful” belief that “occupies a place in the life of its possessor parallel to that filled by . . . God.”[21] The Supreme Court has made it clear that it is not a court’s role to determine the reasonableness of an individual’s religious beliefs, and that “religious beliefs need not be acceptable, logical, consistent, or comprehensible to others in order to merit First Amendment protection.”[22]

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Having said that, it does not escape me that not all people who claim religious exemption are honest about the reason. I'm angry they are put in that position in the first place, but question it at times.

Ironic that the God they don't believe in is saving them from being forced into taking an unwanted and dangerious medical treatment that they probably don't need.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DreadKnock

The "I don't care for the ingredients" argument has always been week IMO. If they come up with a medical treatment of some sort that doesn't use those ingredients, that they want to force onto you, you'll no longer have an argument against being forced to take it.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imperator2

You know, I have to agree after more consideration.

Much better to be on the offensive and sue them for wrongful termination.

Probably not much chance there either, this will have to be resolved by some high powered attorneys via class action lawsuits who actually care about what is going on.

Anyway, thanks for helping me see the light...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Good move but it's ok at best. Dont be too satisfied with yourself. Religious exemption is cowardness. Undignified. Like it's not your fault. Like you'd like to but you cant unfortunately. You acknowledge their right to demand it by calling it and asking for an exemption. Call it rejection due to religious reasons. Wording is important

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Imperator2

You know, I have to agree after more consideration.

Much better to be on the offensive and sue them for wrongful termination.

Probably not much chance there either, this will have to be resolved by some high powered attorneys via class action lawsuits who actually care about what is going on.

Anyway, thanks for helping me see the light...

You are welcome.

I think you are right with the class action angle. It's probably the only way, but knowing the way these people operate they will probably find a way to make employers immune to litigation because it was a federal mandate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join