It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Entropy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

The problem with "prophets" is they don't know who's eyes they are looking through, in a moment of neglect of the eye consciousness it can be occupied the same with the other sense consciousnesses when the mind has not been thoroughly tamed. Such a thing is a common practice some call it jhana, some call it OBE but in sich a state one is ignorant of whoms consciousness they are using.

Such a thing can become a problem where the practitioner can become attached and fall for whatever it is they are seeing feeling or experiencing... such a thing is known in someone else that is an experienced meditator and to be honest it's so pitiable it's silly like vultures fighting over a corpse

It always disturbed me that the Hebrew bible says meditate both day and night but never gave the instructions for it... but it honestly just meant go out and find a teacher to teach you since it isn't in here or you don't already know how for some reason.

Attachment to such a thing in my experience is just that and it hasn't led to any freedom, just wisdom and keeping calm abiding while the vultures prey and pick you apart like one is already a corpse is not exactly an easy thing to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Your post is full of factual inaccuracies, conflation and gibberish, but to just respond to your opening paragraph;

I'm not at all upset.
I don't belittle your god or the bible, just those who use it for their own specific agenda, like you.
I don't mind if your god does exist, it doesn't worry me at all as it is so utterly impotent it wouldn't alter the way I think about it already.
I've read several religious texts. Religion and the religious fascinate me psychologically.

Ultimately, I don't care what you believe in, but I know for certain you won't be going to heaven. You'll have to make up for your sins some other way. God is watching you.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

I'm glad I struck a nerve.

You said:

Ultimately, I don't care what you believe in, but I know for certain you won't be going to heaven. You'll have to make up for your sins some other way. God is watching you.

I thank you for this statement because it allows me to show you what separates Christianity from other religions. It's not about making up for sins.

There's nothing you, I or anyone can do to make up for sins. It's by Grace ye are Saved through Jesus Christ who died for our sins. So you can't pray more, walk more, talk more, sing more, you can't do anything.

So I hope you don't think you have to make up for your sins before you open your heart to Christ. You can come to Christ just as you are!

Like I said, we serve a God of Love, Reason, Logic, Wisdom and Understanding. I know it' easier to reject God and the Bible if you think the Bible is a fantasy but I can tell the last thing you want to do is see the Bible as a book of Reason and Logic. That's a good thing though, because all it takes is for you to open up a Bible and say,"Let me see if that's true."

edit on 9-10-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Simple question; how many gods are there?

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Aten an Egyptian "god" thought there were too many and in his earthly reign reduced it down to one bringing the fall of Egypt. The Greeks eventually thought the same thing bringing it down to one and Rome fell.

A Japanese friend threw up their hands saying god or gods? We have over a million of those... like if you want one we'd give one away for free.

The real point I suppose is the feeling of obligation when it's many instead of guilt when it's only one.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Simple question; how many gods are there?

It's a hierarchy. The Most High is the originator and source of all things. The top of the pyramid so to speak

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't think you thought that response through before answering. According to your religion there is only one. According to other, equally or more ancient texts, plus more contemporary accounts, there are thousands of gods.

According to evidence, there are none.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't think you thought that response through before answering. According to your religion there is only one.

Nope. There's hierarchies of angels, archangels, principalities, etc. They wouldn't refer to God as the "Most High" unless there were other lesser types of gods.
edit on 11-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

I don't think you thought that response through before answering. According to your religion there is only one.

Nope. There's hierarchies of angels, archangels, principalities, etc. They wouldn't refer to God as the "Most High" unless there were other lesser types of gods.

Good points.

The Bible also tells us there's many heavens(dimensions). We live in a 3 dimensional heaven(space). Look at Paul, he visited the 3rd Heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; such an one caught up to the third heaven.

The Bible tells us there's multiple heavens(dimensions) and God is outside of these dimensions or outside of space and time.

Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

This tells us, when Jesus ascended to the Father, He went up far above all heavens(dimensions).

It's so sad that so many people are blinded by materialism that they deny God and their spiritual nature. This is a 666 carnal mind. Someone that remains spiritually dead.

Adam was a unity of spirit, soul and body. Because of sin, he was separated from God and his spiritual nature and men/women became a law unto themselves and were led by the lusts of the soul and flesh. This is 2/3 when you're spiritually dead. So, 2 divided by 3 is .666. Humans are carbon based lifeforms, that's 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons or 666. These are humans separated from God because of sin and many are stuck in the cave of materialism. This is the number of a man.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The Bible also says:

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions(dimensions): if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

At the Resurrection, believers will be transformed into a spiritual body like Christ.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

GLORY TO GOD!!

Like I said, I will pray for those who deny God and deny their spiritual nature. These are people who think 40 or 50 or 80 years in the cave of materialism is all that there is. I pray that you open your heart to Christ and let the Holy Spirit reveal these things to you. Don't harden your hearts. We all know there's a God. We all know about our spiritual nature. Many use their carnal minds to deny what they know to be true. God said there's no excuse.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
edit on 11-10-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

There is a difference between scrutiny and disdain.

If you aren't capable of spirituality, there's no reason to mock those who are. If you can only conjure images of some magical made up entity of a 'god' in your head, perhaps you should have spent your time studying politics?

Unless of course someone has harmed you using their religion as a guise for their deeds.

It's hard to see a reason to mock, or belittle those who believe in a power greater than themselves to hold themselves to higher standard.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Firstly, please do carry on believing in which ever god or gods you subscribe to. As I said previously, you fascinate me and I would like to continue to be fascinated.

But. Don't claim your particular religion owns anything. I mean, anything. Religious texts were written as-is, in the language of their day, with no secret codes to decipher or prophecies that foretell of anything in the modern age. Claiming so is ridiculously stupid.

Above all else, your righteous morality claim is not only utterly wrong, but it is offensive. The crimes committed in the name of religion sicken me, and your Judeo-Christian god not only allows it but encourages it. All gods are entirely impotent to prevent anything committed in their own name. Why is an entity like that worth my time and devotion?

When I think about the murder, torture, rape and brutal regimes religion has brought to humanity, especially to women and children, I wonder how so many people still claim to be proud to be religious. I read phrases like 'GLORY TO GOD' above and I wonder if you also think of these things. It seems patently obvious that you don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Patently wrong again.. you just bounce of saying things that are incorrect and move on with more nonsensical critique. The most murderous rapacious regimes were atheist. You have the philosophy of Stalin and Mao who were the two biggest killers of all time.. its been tried before its a nightmare.

Look at your posts. You're saying someone is going to hell, and their response is that they hope you find peace. Check yourself. Your malice is mostly going to hurt your self.
edit on 12-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I agree, two vile characters indeed. Most of those deaths were by starvation, however, not murder. Muslims invading India would easily account for the deaths under Mao, but these were murders - with swords. Religion has killed more, and possibly will do continuously - until somebody goes nuclear.

Nobody is going to hell. Nobody is going to heaven. Neither of them exist. I know you can't wait to get there, but you're wasting your time.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So angels are gods now?

So Satan is a god?

Just curious, because this is the first time I've ever heard that before.

edit on 10-12-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
So angels are gods now?

So Satan is a god?

Just curious, because this is the first time I've ever heard that before.

Satan is the prince of this world, meaning 2nd in command. Even the archangels don't speak bad about him because they know he has his place in the workings of the world.

Elohim is a plural term meaning "gods". In Psalm 82:6 David even refers to humans as gods, so angels are, at least at the time, above us.

Especially given the definition of a god: "a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity."

angelic hierarchy
edit on 13-10-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How much more fabricated bullchuff can you squeeze out of this collection of fables? Your desperation to make a 5000 year old book of fairytales relate to current affairs and thinking stinks.

I can find more modern relevance in the Brothers Grimm. For goodness sake, give it a rest.

If OPs thread bothers you perhaps you should "Give it a rest" and move on?

Your membership at ATS in no way offers you the authority to decide what topic
other members should post. Frankly you should think about who gave you such an
idea. So you can seek their apology for making you look like a buffoon.

Perfect example:

Nobody is going to hell. Nobody is going to heaven. Neither of them exist. I know you can't wait to get there, but you're wasting your time.

If you know this much you must know the rest. So tell us all what happens after we die?

edit on 13-10-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

If we're buried, we rot, digest and compost. Compounds break down into elements, and elements into atoms. It's much simpler and quicker to revert to atoms if we're cremated.

I know that your vanity and inbred or learned insecurity will have issues with this explanation, these these are proven facts. I'd like to see your proof for any alternative.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
If OPs thread bothers you perhaps you should "Give it a rest" and move on?

No. The same way your religion gives you the freedom to spew utter garbage, I now have the freedom to spew my reality.
You can preach your nonsense to the world but then you should expect kickback, and you will certainly get it. The fairytale that you subscribe to is dying and rightly so.
It is a tale of genocide... a tale of a vengeful and angry deity who only wants things his way or "else".

"Love me or die!".
"Hate me and die!"

The perfect example of a spiteful, schizophrenic, delusional mindset, created by a sect of a few people in order to control and manipulate the many.

I have no issue with spirituality.
I DO have an issue with religious nonsense that targets gullible people in order to take their money, preying on specific human situations and circumstances, in the name of christ. A fictional character who never existed.

edit on 13-10-2021 by Kreeate because: godditit

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I know that your vanity and inbred or learned insecurity will have issues with this explanation, these these are proven facts. I'd like to see your proof for any alternative.

Did you think I'd argue your snide and half assed attempt at an explanation of your limited view.

You explained what little you understand about the demise of our bodies in
this physical world. Claimed no issues with spirituality while hurling insults
amid accusations that suggest great spiritual knowledge on your part? Let me
rephrase the question for you?

How do you know anything of what happens after we die besides
what happens to our bodies? Or is it obvious that you don't know a
damn thing about what you speak. Is that why you can only explain
the physical death because that's all you know? In which case why
don't you use some scientific protocol sit down shut up and just
read with an open mind? Cause I can see clearly you have plenty
to learn.

Nu. 1 is you've been lied to if you think life is just a space between to
nothings serving absolutely no purpose. And No 2 Your ability to debate
the topic failed with the first insult.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Allow me to spin that around. What proof do you have that your fluffy cloud with happy clappy good souls exist?

Pardon? Yup, I thought so. Feck all. Bye.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join