It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Yang. Can We Trust Him. Should We Trust Him.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Calm down. I didn't accuse trump of any such nonsense. Taking advantage of tax breaks and such are for the wealthy and well off.

Also taxes aren't theft in whole grand scale of national economics.
edit on 7-10-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't think a 3rd party has a chance in this vile political climate; But Yang being a technocrat might just know something and he will be well financed by the corporatocracy and be able to put together an expert campaign crew, more than just a little savy in the way elections are designed and implemented. It's hard to trust anyone or anything in the clown world.
edit on 7-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would have voted for him last year, if he made it through the primaries. I threw away my vote on Jo Jorgensen.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Putting your finger in the hole of a crumbling dam, is not the solution.

There is no magic wand, and there is no Lone Ranger.

The system is broken. Replacing one pawn for another, is not how we get America back on its feet.

We have to stop looking for the easy fix. We have to stop thinking that we are going to be able to vote our way our of this mess. The government is corrupt, controlled, and owned. And we don't own it.

If we have any hope of change, it is going to come with pain, suffering, sacrifice, and time. Few will have the stomach for it, that is why most will not resist. They believe it is futile, and maybe it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hopefully his new party can take away votes from the Democrats

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, we can't and no, we shouldn't. This is the same man who was all about universal basic income, AKA "Vote for me and I'll pay you with the monies the government steals from the working men and women of this nation."

You mean these working men and women? They deserve the privilege of carrying our economy on their backs for a few minutes or so and paying it back to the consumer market they gave a barely livable wage to in the first place. Being immune to the climate doesn't mean you have the right to turn up the heat and then overcharge on water and air conditioning because it doesn't hurt your wallet. I'm not talking about middle class business owners who inevitably have to sell out their company to market sharks, I'm talking about people like Soros and Bezos.

edit on 7-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Better than the squad... But that's like saying that white spec on top of chicken poop is better than the rest of the pile.

What we need are more moderates/constitutionalists/lovers of the republic and bill of rights, not more extremist in either direction.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think leftists like Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang are a breath of fresh air. Not because I agree with either one of them on many issues, but rather because I believe both of them are people who genuinely want to solve problems.

In other words, they both strike me as honest brokers, which is a far cry from anything else I see from the left.

But neither of them have a future on the left, and I doubt this latest play from Yang to start a new party will have much traction.

But at least they're both the type of political opposition I can respect.

My hat is off to both of them and I wish both of them well. I miss the days when we were all Americans first and politics was simply a means to accomplish shared values.

Now if only the right would produce some similar equivalents, that would really be something. America might just save itself.
edit on 7-10-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Having a technocrat running would be even scarier than what we now have.
FB etal already have too much power.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
No. There is no value in UBI. People must work. There is value in work. It gives purpose in life. Without it society de-evolves into people wanting things they did not earn an it's never enough. They begin to shame the workers for not giving them what they want. FAIL.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Yang isn't interested in the Constitution. He's a technocrat and I think we've had just about enough of that garbage.

This worries more than UBI, and I am seriously skeptical of his UBI program

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Andrew Yang. Can We Trust Him. Should We Trust Him.

Never trust ANY politician.

Especially one with a (D) beside their name.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dream might be"

Something For Nothing - Rush 2112

"2112" tells a story set in the city of Megadon in 2112,[21] "where individualism and creativity are outlawed with the population controlled by a cabal of malevolent Priests who reside in the Temples of Syrinx"

Politicians like Yang make me think that we've reached 2112 ahead of schedule.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: olaru12

Having a technocrat running would be even scarier than what we now have.
FB etal already have too much power.

I think you know as well as I that the corporate/political elite are going to push technology as far as they can. This includes surveillance, communication, economic control and governance; everything to push capitalism as far as it can.

FB just put in a $6billion data center in the land of enchantment... Anyone that thinks FB is just a social media site is very naive. I have friends that work there...You ain't seen nothing yet!! Yang, the obvious, is just one of many controllers; now it's "lead, follow, or GTFO of the way"

as ole whaaa used to say...."It's a brave new world" but A. Huxley said it first however. 1984 .... it's deja vu all over again...

www.usnews.com...

edit on 8-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

here's a little experiment...have a conversation with friends about pet food...wait 6hrs then check your spam folder.
edit on 8-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

As am I.

I wrote a massive critique of the UBI here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are a lot of reasons to be skeptical of the UBI.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So class warfare is the game you're looking to play... I'd be more inclined to consider your argument if not for the simple fact that most of this country's wealthiest scrapers like Bezos and Gates are die-hard liberal progressive political supporters. Something seems very, very "off" when the people whining the loudest about the "ultra wealthy" are also the same people personally benefitting the most from those ultra wealthy. I think you've been played.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We may see more of this. A lot of people are few up with the moniker of both sides.

45 and Romney are both Republicans but worlds apart.
AOC and Tulsi are both Democrats but worlds apart.

The old 2 party system needs to end and it is coming soon. I will state it again we have become a country of

Progressives not Liberals and Constitutionalist not Conservatives. Too many people want a small government but also support medial mj. Gay marriage.

It is time for a shift again....

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: strongfp

Can you imagine rampant inflation resulting from UBI? I can.

Thats when you nationalize them all to prevent it.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Can’t trust him. Don’t trust him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join