It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing friends to covid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
PTSD ... maybe not severe enough to be clinically diagnosed or force a person into depression or contemplate suicide; but every mental disorder has digress of severity and I think a lot of people are suffering a low level from of traumatic stress over Covid-19.

I totally agree. It hit me so hard at the beginning that I wouldn't have cared it I got hit by a car and killed. Just lost passion for life.

I'm starting to wonder if a lot of the worker shortages is to do with this. I mean, everyone blames it on the government handouts but really there isnt a lot to go back to. People who feared the covid have worked out that life is short and they don't want to flip burgers for the bulk of it. People who didn't fear but were forced to comply to nonsense feel that life is short and they don't have anything left to give to a society that does nothing but manipulate/take. Just a theory.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Chances are the graphine already fried parts of their brain. Or they believe that they will be the beneficiaries.. aka be rewarded. Some people get exhausted fighting a war(life) by themselves.. since now they are "accepted" in a broken society with the unvaxed to blame it just made their lives easier.

The problem is, it's exactly what Hitler did to get people on board with killing millions. First it was the Jews, blacks and gays.. now it's all of us. The only nice thing about it.. is those that follow this are anti-gun. So it will be a real short war should they try to press the issue.

Which BTW is the only reason democrats wont break that until they get guns removed from society. The minute guns are turned over will be the minute they round people up or kill them over the vaccine. Make no mistake, they are anti-american. Because they know the minute America turns over their guns we will be invaded by every country under the sun under direct violence.

Americans having guns are the only reason why we do NOT have invading armies at our shores on a weekly basis. So for your health and protection, buy hold and never turn it over. Because like they said about the vaccine, they literally cannot get the resources to force everyone to take it. Same with guns, which is why the made you get the vaccine by other means.. and offer to buy back guns on a regular basis.

They have done the same illegal tactics on weapons. But what most people don't realize is back when those laws were created.. common folk could literally buy canons. Now I ask you how many people have them? 0

Because they managed to regulate weaponry. Just like they are regulating jobs to vaxed only. We cannot let them win. Or every baby born will be force injected before they even stick their head out.
edit on 7-10-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't really talk about my political beliefs much. They would probably make both democrats and republicans very uneasy

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
People have wanted to believe in things that make them feel more secure for thousands of years. They want to believe they are safe from things that would harm them.

Some people capitalize and profit off of their belief. They relish the control they have over others that believe in them.

Do these mRNA vaccines protect people from the disease, yes, they protect some but the levels of them that have side effects is way to high with this vaccine in my opinion. And it has been now shown to lose much of it's protection in as little as ninety days, also it appears to lower resistance to other diseases just like some other vaccines do. There has not been enough proper testing done on this vaccine, that is my belief. I am not an anti-vaxer, I am more science oriented and the science is not very good with this vaccine.
edit on 7-10-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
PTSD ... maybe not severe enough to be clinically diagnosed or force a person into depression or contemplate suicide; but every mental disorder has digress of severity and I think a lot of people are suffering a low level from of traumatic stress over Covid-19.

This is true, i am definitely having PTSD, but not from covid. I have it because of a clear takeover by the government in a rogue and inhumane way and their overreach to a mediocre disease.
One of my biggest phobias ever was tyranny or dictatorship.
I grew up on the west side of the german border.

I went to the east, had/have friends there and the whole thing freaked me out.
At school i was almost brainwashed to notice the signs of a dictatorship and I am fine tuned to it.
I saw this coming for a long time and now it's here. Not coming, it's here. However it can only get worse because the next step is violence, encampment and outright elimination of humans .

So yeah i am sometimes on the verge of mental collapse.

But not from covid. I couldn't care less about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Fitting as I was just reading proverbs! Sadly the indoctrination is real! a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The LYING Media and corrupt medical experts are telling everyone the Pfizer vaccine is FDA approved.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I so appreciate what you are saying.

I am one of those people that is gifted with the ability to learn vicariously. I don't have to get burned, to confirm that the stove is hot.

I had a close friend, an instructor, and a neighbor that had to flee Cuba, with nothing but the clothes on their back, during the Cuban exile in the 70s.

They spoke frequently of the world they left behind, and warned almost constantly, that we must never let it happen in America

The handwriting is on the wall, but too many Americans are oblivious.

For some, America is a mythical place that only exists in the mind of many, both foreign and domestic. I find it interesting that so many, home and abroad, see America only as what is painted by the media or the internet, and are so blind to what is in front of their faces.

It was said that America could never be conquered. I agree with that. America will not be conquered. We will just surrender, with a whimper.

There will be those that resist, but the majority will win, not realizing until it is too late, that winning as the weapon of your own destruction, is in reality, losing.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I feel your pain I’m in exactly the same position.

I have now lost all but 2 friends for this reason. the two that remain will also be lost when we have our first real conversation on the subject. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people have such ardent beliefs without actually doing any research.

Most of us in my neck of the woods fully admit that the government lies about inflation, taxes, the economy, unemployment figures etc but they cannot countenance that the Gov is anything but 100% truthful about COVID.

I live in the greater Bristol area in the UK with roughly 1 million residents. In late July I asked one friend how many of those million people did she think had died from COVID in the 3 month period April-June. Her response was 1000s. But the truth is the official figure from the government website was 1 COVID death in that period. And even that death is a death with COVID not necessarily from COVID. And it was the same for the 3 neighbouring government areas as well.

I don’t understand why these terrified people don’t do their own research. If theres no source data to back up a claim in the media or by the govt you have to question it.

My personal motto since first lurking at ATS in 2006 has been “Deny Ignorance, Question Everything”.
edit on 8-10-2021 by merkins because: Typo

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Hey I know the title might be misleading, I have not had any of my friends pass away to covid. (knock on wood) I have Loss freinds to covid as far as interactions and just general hanging out and communicating.

One friend of mine I loss about five months ago. We kind of had a slow burn of toxicity with our communication and lack of hangouts. The stem of the problem I would find out near the end our friendship was disagreement on covid. Now we had been friends before hand and able to discuss politics and social issues with one another without getting upset or angry. ( we both have had backgrounds in communication) TO make a long story short I was upset with him for not being 100% honest with me about an issue, Because he said "he couldnt trust me because of how I view covid." I said Look if we can;t be honest with one another we can;t be friends.

Now just recently my Uncle sent me a text message that has me concerned. Agaiin same situation with my friend. only thing different is My uncle and I have ben having disucssions for a decade plus. So me and him are used to having political discussions where we disagree. here is the text "No. there is no agreement. Your ability to ignoreeverything that has happened over the last year and a half tells me that ther is no comon ground that willl allow us to have a reasonable discussion." when I read that I was shocked. my actual response was " I thought we were having a resonable discussion.

losing my friend is one thing but I hold special value on having discussions with my Uncle, I am hopeful that he will respond to me, as this happened yesterday. but I just don't get it, how is this issue so toxic and emotional for people then other issues. has anyone else lost freinds over this issue?/

Imagine you feel just like your friend, three fold. Not always sure about anything today when it comes to this sort of thing. It would seem honesty has become scarce, an family has become expendable. Politics have now divided us good. Finding acceptance may prove challenging. In the case of family, best wishes American-philosopher.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry man, I too have been losing people. Within 3 days of the vaxx pass coming in, I started to get messages from people (some who were old roomates of mine) telling me I was selfish and that I was being deluded and a conspiracy nutcase (despite when asking what I was wrong about, they just said they couldn't talk to me if I was going to be like that)....

They have been trained how to respond. Its a technique you learn in sales ( the deflection ) but usually it is used to avoid areas in crappy products, but now they are learning how to deflect discussion on their notions. They all say that we don't have reasons, but they won't even provide sources when asked and they love using weird phrases like - I just want to get back to normal, everyone has to pull their weight, do you want to be excluded from society (like that's our decision?) And even going so far to assume that people aren't hanging out with me because of my decision (because everyone is a jack boot?) It's super strange

I see it as a bit of a loss, but also I recognize it is mass psychosis and really is a ritual at this point. They have ritualised their behaviour so they can address their angst.

Your uncle is likely worried about his health and that is what has him this way. Most people have a fear of death and you should be focusing on his fears not his mode of output which is being coaxed by society and telling him that is the way to deal with it.

You need to see that he is solving this like a drug addict would....with a noticeable feelable hit

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some people (family members or friends) also have narcissistic traits, and somebody disagreeing with them causes a narcissistic injury.

This can lead to a sudden discard that leaves the more empathic person totally bewildered and distraught. Which is exactly what the narc planned because it's an assertion of control (which they need all the time).

But mark my words, when they believe they punished you enough, or their new social fuel source has left them, they will try to hoover you back.
It can take weeks or years, but after ghosting you they'll be back.
The question is should you allow them back, because that behavior is actually toxic.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

They are cowards to be so afraid of a virus that kills less than 1% of people that catch it.
I am going to take a guess and say that they are Liberals, would I be correct?
Because that is typical Liberal tactics if they cannot speak to someone because they hold a different viewpoint on something.

seems like the concept of ‘liberalism’ would be a complete contradiction of ‘control freak’, shouldnt it?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Too many living to live an bitch an complain about it for the most. The only plague from what I recall were opioid overdoses an suicides during the lockdowns.

Give him a month, he will be dying of a lack of intellecual conversation.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Personally..i just got the vax to shut everyone the hell up. I didnt give a rats arse and still do not care if someone gets it or dont. I just get migranes from people always nagging me.

Got my second shot week ago now,and same as 1st time was sick as a dog 3 days after. I am over 40 but under 50 so i will not get another one. the 1st two nearly killed me,no thanks.

id sooner tap myself in the head if they try it.

Tell your uncle he is right,and just lie about getting a vax. Get a faek card,show him it and say see? that will be the end o f it. SOmetimes its better to use dis info to get people to shut up.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good lord!

Husband just fell out with someone we've known since college over it. This former friend and he disagreed over the mandate. I can't even say they disagreed over being vaccinated because we all are except for our son who is still too young (that's a different story).

So my husband and this person are going back and forth, and husband has already revealed that he is vaxxed to end that line of discussion, and out of the blue this person just flat out tells husband that he wishes son and I would get COVID and die and that my husband would have to see it!

Husband is done with him. I hit him up on chat and told him that was troubling and dehumanizing especially where all three of us had been vaxxed and son was too young. Then he told me he hoped son would die. I told him it was very sad to hear him say that as I had not had the pleasure of speaking with him in a long while and was sorry to see he had become such an ugly, ugly person and left it at that.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So I went to clear out my messenger having decided it was best to just cut it, and I got a brief glimpse of this person's last rant ...

It reads like someone seriously insane. It was honestly disturbing to me.

Understand that I really haven't connected much with this person except occasionally in passing on my husband's facebook and on innocuous topics like football or some stuff on the Olympics ... things like that. This was insanity level psychotic! I'm glad this person lives clear across the country from us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join