It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple things.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There is nothing simple of mechanical watches.. especially the self wound ones. How they turn over every second(almost) is kind of remarkable. Much more the device essential in it's kept. For myself, right/wrong or anywhere in between, a diff take toward time I've grasped onto recently. Time..for me..it's breathes and heartbeats. Not so much a static quantified numeric symbol or thought. For myself..people/money/material, they come and go. ..breaths and heartbeats(unless ur Dick Cheney) ONLY go. Never to be relived or re-anything. For an individual in a stasis(cryo or whatev) is time really time as to the same quantity/quality normal folk(non-stasis'd folk) experience?..idk.

Elon musk has interesting dialog on self wound watches on a podcast of the JRE..episode #1609 I believe.

A side question..of what specific/non-specifc area(geographically) is the clay of your flying disc sourced?..shape,size,degree, and dishing(if any). ..or are you just an avid skeet shooter..if so..ever tried crazy quail(very fun)...and what's your preferred size of shot? Self loads or store bought? p.s.pardon my rambling..
I've been ingesting adult bevs (KarbachRodeoClown..doubleIPA)

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wear it everyday then?
Day/dollar(orwhatev currency)ratio dramatically levels. ..lol

a reply to: Grenade

edit on 7-10-2021 by emp89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I rock a TAG(aquaracer/diver)..Handed down/up to me from my father. It retailed for 1200$ in the early 2000s. Its priceless to me tho. I always spun the dial as a child..only having to replace it while an adult. I often revisit this essential fact..don't spin it if you don't really need to...so when you really do need to it's of less.chance of failure. Expanded this in many areas in my.life..not all though.

a reply to: SirHardHarry

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
GSM?

a reply to: SirHardHarry

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So dope.

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Timing temtpress perhaps? Temptress of time? Keep it going!

a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KleenX
It boggles my mind that they were able to produce such small movements back then… most people were p#ssing in pots and wearing the same set of clothes everyday and yet, they had this delicate little mechanical wonder in their pockets…

The spectrum of humans at any time throughout human history..VAST.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I got to synced
I got to "synced up with an atomic clock" had a genuine lol, read on an realized it's a thing and laughed more.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I love time pieces as well. I have a grandfather clock that was my grandmothers. Best part of my day is making the small adjustment to make up for it running slightly slow.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: emp89

A side question..of what specific/non-specifc area(geographically) is the clay of your flying disc sourced?..shape,size,degree, and dishing(if any). ..or are you just an avid skeet shooter..if so..ever tried crazy quail(very fun)...and what's your preferred size of shot? Self loads or store bought? p.s.pardon my rambling..
I've been ingesting adult bevs (KarbachRodeoClown..doubleIPA)

Skeet is a game of repetition, I don't shoot skeet too often. I mostly shoot trap and sporting clays which requires more skill. In sporting clays you have about every type of bird, including quail. #7.5 shot for trap. Sporting clays can be anything from #TT all the way up to #9's. It depends on what station you're at. Reload everything from #5's and upward (mostly #7.5). Generally purchase everything from #5's downward (less time reconfiguring the press).

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Your username makes much more sense now. I really enjoy crazy quail. Started with a single shot break open 410. Worked my way up to an 870 20ga by 11. A Benelli super 90 12ga @13. A Ruger redlabel 20ga over and under @17. I'm 32 now, currently on a Beretta silver pigeon2 20ga. ..my fave firearm tho?... .22cal gamo swarm 10x
..lol

Been eyeing two diff SIG .22cal semi auto air rifles. ..pretty pretty. P250c for my daily.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Life is a game of repetition. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I take it you didn't research crazy quail. Anywho allow myself an explanation.. shot holes at varying depth into the tin shade overhang due to errant clays being thrown(?)..projected perhaps?..from varying angles at varing time intervals. If you've ever gotten trigger happy whilst coming upon a covey and decided to take out the lead quail b4 the last trailing quail and work your way up to lead..then you may understand. Skill is not only knowing when and where to fire, but also knowing ones prey behavior and capabilities. Quail are unlike any avaian game(imo). They are unpredictable. Keeps me on my toes. ..and crazy quail almost replicates. A real challenge.. subsonic .22 and a light enough foot to creep up upon covey's in millet patches(SouthTX). "A place to shoot" if you're ever in the relative area. .. friends and familys land if we jive. ..quite sure we would. reply to: Flyingclaydisk

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join