It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional carry legislation might have legs in 2022 Florida session

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well maybe there will be a change in the great state of Florida and become the 22nd state to allow to carry.

The policy is split into two bills. The first would allow gun owners to carry concealed weapons without a license. “You don’t have to go ask the government for permission,” said Sabatini. The second would allow for open carry.“You shouldn’t have the duty to hide your firearm if you’ve done nothing wrong,” said Sabatini.

These states allow permitless concealed carry (PC), green states.
State Concealed Carry Permit Requirements

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

I can see it now. Cops shooting more people because they feared for their lives.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

nope

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hope Florida follows The leed of other states.

Effective July 2021 Tennessee became a constitutional open or concealed carry state. As I have had a CCW for more than ten years, I didn’t notice the difference. I do appreciate our state legislature and governor Bill Lee for passing a pro 2nd amendment law.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well I see the cop haters are here early, knew it was gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

That's great news, so i guess Florida might be the 23rd state.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

Well maybe there will be a change in the great state of Florida and become the 22nd state to allow to carry.

The policy is split into two bills. The first would allow gun owners to carry concealed weapons without a license. “You don’t have to go ask the government for permission,” said Sabatini. The second would allow for open carry.“You shouldn’t have the duty to hide your firearm if you’ve done nothing wrong,” said Sabatini.

These states allow permitless concealed carry (PC), green states.
State Concealed Carry Permit Requirements

I am all in for the second amendment. That said and having helped during several large sessions of concealed carry licensing events, people need to have some kind of educational experience to acquaint themselves with carrying a handgun and operating it. Many times I had to show people how to load their magazines and chamber a round in their Glocks and other handguns. I also think a Glock as a first handgun is not a good idea. Glocks have no safety. Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it. Its just that most people need some kind of SAFETY course and how to operate their pistols. One time I had to completely tear down an ancient .22 semiauto pistol, clean it and get it operating again so the person could complete the class.
South Carolina has implemented open carry which came into effect 15 August 2021. You may carry your pistol openly as long as you have a valid CWP License.
So, its my opinion, everyone who applies should be required by law to attend a concealed carry licensing class with safety and operating a handgun instruction before being able to conceal carry and open carry.

Other than that, GO FLORIDA !!!!

On open carrying a weapon, I do believe it should be legal. However, carrying in the open advertises to a bad guy that you COULD be an easy "hit and run" target for running up to or having someone to distract the person and taking their open carry weapon. People who open carry should be doubly aware of their surroundings and be very careful...

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That's a bonus on top of the recent law allowing citizens to run over protestors who attempt to obstruct their vehicle movement.

Zillow, here I come.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It'd be great, but I don't see it happening. Too many RINOs on that front here. Recently, with the NDAA 2022 bill they voted 10-6 for advancing the bill, which includes national red flag laws.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I've always said that only a idiot tries to use a tool without knowing the basics of using it. The more complicated or dangerous the more knowledge needed.

There is no requirement to own a firearm in Florida other than pass the back ground check for retail sales, private sale not required.

So if i understand correctly, once you buy the weapon whether it be retail sale or private sale you will be able to carry without a permit.

If it passes time will tell if it 's a good idea or not. Every one I know respects firearms and are responsible in their use. But there are always some that just don't seem to get it.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Agreed.

Before the war on scary looking guns, handling, training, education and practice were part and parcel of the whole affair.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I guess this is one of those times that it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm in written form or not. So i'm going to take it as it is and just say, don't get in the street beatin and bangin on peoples cars scaring the sh@2 out of them If you don't want to get run over.

Or like the old saying, Don't play with matches and you won't get burned.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No, not sarcasm. It'd be great if this law passed, however there are too many RINOs in Florida when it comes to firearms laws and a recent example given.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

I guess this is one of those times that it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm in written form or not. So i'm going to take it as it is and just say, don't get in the street beatin and bangin on peoples cars scaring the sh@2 out of them If you don't want to get run over.

Or like the old saying, Don't play with matches and you won't get burned.

Not sarcasm at all. That is a real amended bill passed by Governor Desantis after the ass-clown Black Lives Matter protestors were blocking highways, cities, etc.

I'm paraphrasing but essentially you can mow through the protestors and remain protected from prosecution.

truthout.org...

edit on 5-10-2021 by Type1338 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not sure what your talking about on the NDAA 2022. That is a Federal Bill and it just passed out of committee last month, and will come before the House. Unless your talking about the Florida's Representatives in DC.

I realize there are some rhinos in the state, but you would have thought with all the laws passed that DeSantis signed that goes against Federal Guidelines and Laws would have failed.

Florida has Red Flag Law already, I kinda agree with it to a point. If someone is a real nut job,they ought not have access to their guns, until their not a nut job anymore. Now the way it's determined and who get to keep them away is another thing.

edit on 5-10-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sorry the post you replied to was meant for Type1338. The site seem to be doing funny stuff from time to time and posts to the wrong member. Or i'm getting dyslectic in my old age.

I replied to you in the next post.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

My bad, it's hard to tell sometimes. I live in Florida, and was aware he signed it and happen to agree with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Open carry here in Alabama.

Not a whole lot of cops shootin' people. Or people shootin' other people, either, for that matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Red flag laws are unconstitutional. The fact that that sort of restriction passed here is enough to demonstrate that Constitutional carry will not.

Yes, I was talking about Florida's representatives in DC. The Republican contingent voted 10-6 for advancing the bill, despite the inclusion of a national red flag law.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I really don't think it'll happen this time around.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In Miami shootings are a daily occurrence. But let's see. Shootings might go down if people know you might shoot back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join