It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Fingers with That?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
He insists he didn't order chicken fingers! :shk:

A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said on Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident on Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined on Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

REUTE RS

That's pretty nasty, I would be one unhappy camper.

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I cant imagine anything worse....

Was it at least the pinky? Thats the tastiest one, IMHO.

LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I would be pissed if someone ate my finger.

Damn, I liked Wendy's, too. I won't be eating there for while, I want to keep my fingers!

P.S.

Illinois_____|
----------------|_____Illinois___|
Louisville___|
--------------------------------------|______UNC
UNC_______|
----------------|_____UNC_____|
Kentucky___|

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I cant imagine anything worse....

Was it at least the pinky? Thats the tastiest one, IMHO.

I was thinking the thumb might be tastier. That's sort of like the claw when you're eating crabs, and the claw is definitely the tastiest.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's a mundane daily gross out, in regards to Wendy's:

My ex worked at a Wendy's as a teen, and of course 'horsed around' while on the job. This is one thing they liked to do: Toss burgers up and try to get them to stick to the ceiling. Naturally, they hit the floor alot. When no longer useful for this game, these burgers went into the "chili". Also, (Management sanctioned) any old dried out burgers (unsold, sat too long) went into the "chili".

Bone Appetit!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
..Oh my ............I cannot imagine ordering a burger, biting into it and having that happen...I would be in shock......and so sick....gross!

Didn't something like this happen not too long ago too?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What makes this story even worse is that this happened right down the street from me. I live in San Jose, CA and my roomate went there to go eat one day. As lucky as he is, if he didn't have the customer in front of him that day, my roomate would have been the one that ordered the chili with the finger in it. I was shocked to hear this and I can guarantee you I'm not going to eat at that Wendy's ever again.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Man....I WISH THAT WAS ME!!!! Id happily chew on a cooked human finger unknowingly for a few seconds for the cash that woman is going to get. Can you say many many tens of millions of dollars?

Ill represent her for just 5%

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
mmmm human fingers...yum XD

man...I liked Wendy's chilli too...thats what I dipped my french fries in...well the Wendy's near me allways gives me great service...they undercooked a chicken thing (I bit it and it was frozen) once when a health inspector was there, and in return for not reporting them to the guy, they give me good service...at least I think thats why they allways give me good service o_O......or was it just because my brother scared the people working there?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
in all honestly acidents can and do happen. a friend of mine is diabetic she was "crashing" low blood sugar levels. they ordered a fruit juice to help. when it did not come fast enough they complained. turns out that the kitchen staff was a little bit busy looking for a severed finger in the salid bar. when one sufferes a tramatic injury such as cutting off a finger they may not notice a shock coverrs up the pain. shock is a defence mechinisim that can make it possible to be able to function when a serious injury occures. thus you might be able to seek help (unfortunate side effect you might not notice you are hurt, oops).

our woodwoking teacher told us of a student who cut most of the fingers of one hand off. he was walking back to his workbench without realizeing what happened, another student seeing the blood asked what he had done. this is when the guy looked and noticed for the first time what had happened.

as for tricks played by restraunt staff at the harvey's i worked at we tended to see what would happen to stuff in the deep fryer. straws, lids,cups, ketchup packs, hamburgers, you name it we probably tried to fry it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Finger Traced to Woman Who Blamed Wendy's

The mysterious finger that a woman claimed to have found in a bowl of Wendy's chili came from an associate of her husband who lost the finger in an industrial accident, police said Friday.

The discovery of the finger's owner marks a significant break in a case that has confounded authorities for nearly two months, ever since Anna Ayala claimed she bit down on the well-manicured, 1 1/2-inch finger in a mouthful of her steamy chili.

The case became the talk of the Internet and late-night talk shows and spawned numerous bizarre tips and theories about the source of the finger, including one about a woman whose fingertip was bitten off by a spotted leopard kept as a pet.

Authorities said last month that they believed the story was a hoax, and they arrested the 39-year-old Ayala at her home in Las Vegas and charged her with attempted grand larceny for allegedly trying to shake down Wendy's. But whose finger was in the chili remained a mystery.

The owner was traced through a tip made to a Wendy's hot line, Davis said. He said the man lost the finger in December, and authorities "positively confirmed that this subject was in fact the source of the fingertip." The nature of the industrial accident was not disclosed.

Police believe the man gave the finger fragment to Ayala's husband, Jaime Plascencia, who was arrested this month on identity-theft charges unrelated to the Wendy's case.

Wendy's has offered a $100,000 reward and has said it has lost millions in sales since Ayala made the claim while visiting her family in San Jose. Dozens of employees at the company's Northern California franchises also have been laid off.

news.yahoo.com...

:shk:

The things people will do for money. She went from thinking that she was getting a free ride and lots of money to most likely a nice jail sentence and a hefty fine.

Anna Ayala

:shk:

join