It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE STATE OF OUR SCHOOLS. My Teen Is On A School Sponsored Hit List - Over Masks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

I believe the principal choose the expedient way to handle any possible issues ahead of time by alerting her teachers to a potential problem.

You don't agree.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Thoughtcrime
TLB

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

If she wasn't "opposed" it isn't interference.

Yes it is. One can "interfere" with or without permission.

Lol
You just pull it from your backside at will.
Too funny.
Why would you need permission if it is not interference?
Lolololololololol
Ahahaha

What a pile of crap.

You hypocrites are the best!

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's hard to discuss educational issues with people who don't even understand words.

Definition of interfere
intransitive verb

1: to enter into or take a part in the concerns of others
2: to interpose in a way that hinders or impedes : come into collision or be in opposition
3: to strike one foot against the opposite foot or ankle in walking or running —used especially of horses
4: to act reciprocally so as to augment, diminish, or otherwise affect one another —used of waves

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Nobody guaranteed life would be easy.
It is harder if you are a hypocrite.
Sorry

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm not the one with a daughter resenting and blaming me for forcing her into a spotlight she was ill prepared for.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm not the one with a daughter resenting and blaming me for forcing her into a spotlight she was ill prepared for.

Nope
You are the one supporting secret lists, discrimination, and thoughtcrime.
Real nice clark.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nice hyperbole you got going on there, dude.

Moral of the story, don't make your teenagers fight your battles.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Moral of the story, thoughtcrime is bad, we don't do that here.
We also don't blame someone for others actions.
You may, we as a society do not.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Strange. I got the principal was a coward, and unprofessional. Only if we knew the policy of the school board, and what it lists for handling students that will not wear a mask. And letting unmasked individuals into the school building.

I wonder what section lists letting unmasked children in the school so to place their names on a secret email to target them for harassment and bullying?

edit on 6-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How did the principal even come close to handling the situation ideally or ethically?

25 Sure-Fire Strategies for Handling Difficult StudentsM

www.scholastic.com...

Avoid labeling students as "good" or "bad." Instead describe their behavior as "positive," "acceptable," "disruptive," or "unacceptable."

Try to set a positive tone and model an appropriate response, even if it means you must take a few moments to compose yourself. Acknowledge that you need time to think, time to respond. "This is upsetting me, too, but I need a few minutes to think before we talk about it."

Make sure students understand that it's their misbehavior you dislike, not them. "I like you, Jason. Right now, your behavior is unacceptable."

Give the misbehaving student a chance to respond positively by explaining not only what he or she is doing wrong, but also what he or she can do to correct it.

Never resort to blame or ridicule.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It doesn't look to me like the OP gave the school principal much of a choice.

She didn't ask for a meeting to work things out. She just basically said this is how it's going to be, because I said so.
edit on 6-10-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What? Where the principal had to act with secret hostility.

It goes against every leadership/communication class I have been apart of in the military and industry.

Again…

In the real professional world this is how it is handled.

The principal should have stated. I am willing to met with you and your daughter to see if she qualifies for an exemption. Or stated there are no exemptions, so I mill met with you and explain the policy. However, being there are no mask exemptions, we monitor entry into the building for masks. If you daughter tries to enter the building without a mask, I will keep her at my office social distancing, and you will be called to come to take her home.

See. So simple. And professional.

I bet this is even spelled out in the school policy concerning masks.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don’t know the transportation situation of this narrative. But my Kid has to have a mask and wear the mask to get on the bus to even get to school.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

According to the OP, the principal did respond to her email.

His response was generic, blah blah blah the school board said masks are mandated and all students must wear masks. The end.

School boards are elected.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok.

Why was there a “needed” secret email if the policy is to only let masked kids on the bus, or in the building.

You don’t think the policy lists how to deal / discipline children that will not wear masks? And there is no policy for a school that is a mask zone to monitor people entering the building for masks? And if the kids have to wear a mask in transit to school, the monitoring is handled by default.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I thought the email was not about the bus or getting into school, but sent to the classroom teacher. Stating if removed in class. The OP references other students who had been removed from their classrooms for not wearing it.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

The OP references other students who had been removed from their classrooms for not wearing it.

Why would any child have to be called out / targeted by name in an email concerning a policy the teachers should already be trained on.
edit on 6-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added targeted

edit on 6-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not sure. Possibly they had the idea that the child would be disruptive due to whatever occurred with the mother? We don't know, maybe the mom said she would have her daughter rip off her own and classmates masks if she had to keep it on. We don't really know do we?

I was responding to people posting about the bus and entering school.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Not sure. Possibly they had the idea that the child would be disruptive due to whatever occurred with the mother?

Then the principal should have sat down with the daughter and talked to her directly.

We don't know

As the narrative is outlined, we do know the principal acted a coward, with secret animosity, unprofessionally, and unethically.

You

maybe the mom said she would have her daughter rip off her own and classmates masks if she had to keep it on. We don't really know do we?

WTF? Based on what? Now you have to use
unfounded and fabricated threats of violence. I love the innuendo game, and there could be a group of other children having nothing to do with the mom and daughter planning an attack on the school. While Johnny is stealing Tim’s lunch every day.

And how does such an email stop any of the above. Teachers are supposed to always be vigilant for their students email or not?

I was responding to people posting about the bus and entering school.

Ok?

And how would she get into the school without a mask?

You and the line using mental gymnastics to support the unethical behavior of a cowardly principal is sad.
edit on 7-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 7-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added

edit on 7-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join