It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE STATE OF OUR SCHOOLS. My Teen Is On A School Sponsored Hit List - Over Masks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
In industry, engineering controls are used over protect equipment. Personal protective equipment is used when there is no other solutions.

If these school boards care so much, they should invest in better air circulation systems that sanitizes the air, and find ways to get children out of masks. Instead of treating kids like they work six hours a day in a hazardous environment.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shaemac

My daughter is now anxiety ridden of getting in trouble and she blames me. This has caused a rift between us.

Hmmm...

Sounds like your daughter didn't volunteer to be on the front lines of YOUR war.

Kinda my thoughts as well.

I talk this kind of stuff over with my kid and let him decide if he wants to go along or not.

He recently requested a meeting with the principle (different matter), but on his own, his choice to address something that was bothering him.

He's 13.

When my daughter was in middle school, she and bunch of other girls staged a dress code protest against girls not being allowed to wear shorts to school, while the boys could. They all wore men's boxers and got sent to the principals office. The first I heard about the protest was when I got the call from the principals office to come and pick her up!

She always picked her own battles.

I did interfere once, when she got an "F" on paper she worked her ass off on, in high school, because she put her name on the wrong corner of the paper. I convinced the teacher to take one grade off of what would have been her grade had she put her name in correct corner. She got a "B" and my daughter was happy.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
So it is just battles you deem worthy?
Ok hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Nope. I say if the OP's daughter would have wanted her mother to back up HER protest of the mask policy, I would applaud her efforts. But, in this case, the OP's daughter wasn't on board with her mother's protest and now resents how it sent her into a limelight she didn't want or ask to be in.

edit on 6-10-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah
Except that one time......
Lol
Too freaking funny

Rules for thee but not mee....

TLB

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My daughter didn't resent me for interfering "that one time".

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You lost this debate at your first post. Might be a good time to gracefully abandon this thread. But I guess some people will even troll with children as a target.

I've learned to carefully "pick your battles" and NOT to pick your teenager's battles for them.

Except that "one time"........

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Still no excuse for the school to target the daughter by list to bully. Bully period. Things go so well when the state starts listing people secretly on a target list instead of opening up dialogue.

Just keep digging your hole deeper.

edit on 6-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Still no excuse for the school to target the daughter by list to bully.

Either way, the principal had to notify the girl's teachers. If he had accepted the OP's letter, he would have sent an email to her teachers telling them the student was exempt from the policy. What he did do was send an email to her teachers telling them she is NOT exempt, under any circumstance.

It was unfortunate that the teacher opened the email while she was in conference with the student. But, I don't think that equals "bullying", as the OP tells it.

edit on 6-10-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

You lost this debate at your first post. Might be a good time to gracefully abandon this thread. But I guess some people will even troll with children as a target.

I've learned to carefully "pick your battles" and NOT to pick your teenager's battles for them.

Again, my daughter wasn't opposed to my interference, like the OP's daughter appears to be. If she was, I would have told you.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Pffft
The behavior of the parent in a letter to the principal should in no way impact the way the student is treated. Period.
We don't hold people accountable for the actions of others, no matter how much you politically disagree with them.
You bamn people walk that walk tho don't you.

The parent should sue for undue emotional damage.
The principal and teacher did this. No one else.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Again, my daughter wasn't opposed to my interference, like the OP's daughter appears to be. If she was, I would have told you.

If she wasn't "opposed" it isn't interference.
Can't have it both ways. Not even a nice try.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You

Either way, the principal had to notify the girl's teachers.

Why? Because they weren’t already enforcing the rule? Or do specific students get treated different.

I don’t think it’s right. But if the principal had any backbone, they would have met with the family and explain no mask, we cannot let your daughter in the building.

You

If he had accepted the OP's letter, he would have sent an email to her teachers telling them the student was exempt from the policy.

No. The principal should have met with the family. Leaving the teachers free to enforce the mask policy as they saw fit.

You

What he did do was send an email to her teachers telling them she is NOT exempt, under any circumstance.

Why. The teachers didn’t know how to enforce the policy? Are only enforcing the policy as it’s convenient?

It was unfortunate that the teacher opened the email while she in conference with the student. But, I don't think that equals "bullying", as the OP tells it.

No. There should have never been an email. It was up to the Principal to resolve the issue with the family, explain the policy to the mother, and explain the consequences for not following the policy. And trust teachers were enforcing the policy as instructed in their class rooms.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Why? Because they weren’t already enforcing the rule? Or do specific students get treated different.

Because the student might be operating as if her mother's letter exempted her. The teachers deserved a heads up, and a declaration from the principal on the schools stance on her issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You

Because the student might be operating as if her mother's letter exempted her.

Why would they believe there was any exemptions?

Why would she even be let into the building without a mask?

So, a student can get an exemption?

You

The teachers deserved a heads up, and a declaration from the principal on the schools stance on her issue.

Why? Because they don’t know the mask policy?

With most issues involving kids misbehaving being sent to the principal’s office anyway?

Do you live under a rock?
edit on 6-10-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I believe the principal choose the expedient way to handle any possible issues ahead of time by alerting her teachers to a potential problem.

You don't agree.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If she wasn't "opposed" it isn't interference.

Yes it is. One can "interfere" with or without permission.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I believe the principal choose the expedient way to handle any possible issues ahead of time by alerting her teachers to a potential problem.

You don't agree.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I’ll be honest, I have no idea if this narrative is true. I hope a person wouldn’t fabricate such a thing.

But the principal acted out of cowardice.

In the real professional world this is how it is handled.

The principal should have stated. I am willing to met with you and your daughter to see if she qualifies for an exemption. Or stated there are no exemptions, so I mill met with you and explain the policy. Being there are no mask exemptions, we monitor entry into the building for masks. If you daughter tries to enter the building without a mask, I will keep her at my office social distancing, and you will be called to come to take her home.

See. So simple. And professional.

I bet this is even spelled out in the school policy concerning masks.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I did interfere once, when she got an "F" on paper she worked her ass off on, in high school, because she put her name on the wrong corner of the paper.

I hate stupid stuff like that.

My kid, who is high functioning Autistic, wrote a paper on the "Cola Wars" (Coke/Pepsi). It was supposed to be on the "Cold Wars". His teacher accepted it because it was so well done. Now, that's a teacher.

I have jumped in on occasion. I had a 15 year old foster daughter who had been living on the streets of Hollywood for 2 years. Her male counselor tried to control her by not letting her choose her own classes. His words: "She's incapable of making her own decisions". The female VP became her new counselor.

However, I talked to her first and let her know I was going to talk to her counselor.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Then you are weak. I wear one for 8-10 hours a day unloading trucks and running freight.

Try wearing one sitting perfect still while involved in a 6 hour surgery, or during 12-24 hour shift.
While people spit, get blood, sworn at STABBED...

No this child was deliberately brought up to the Teachers desk and shown the email on purpose. Who does that? "Oh hey while you standing up here, I'll check my emails first before we go over the new curriculum and oh look! An email from your mom that went to the Administration first, now all of us teachers have it...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join