It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to write CV properly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: james00

Oh, and get a professional email address. If your email address is james00769 at hotmail.com ...don't use that.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Geezers with AOL email addresses are the best.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Billysgrandad69@aol. Com

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Billysgrandad69@aol. Com

Skills: Handing out rolls of nickels | Telling kids to stay TF of my lawn | Farting and blaming it on the dog | Enhancing the ass groove in my Lay-Z-Boy | Watching the Ohio State on Saturdays

edit on 8-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Experience: Lived through the great depression
even though he's 60 and it's 2021.

High-school taught common sense
when he dropped out at 15 and that's
all he needed to get a good job.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Your CV is one of the most important documents you will ever write. It is your chance to sell yourself to prospective employers and to show them why you are the right person for the job. However, many people make the mistake of thinking that a CV is simply a list of their qualifications and experience. In reality, a CV should be much more than that. It should be a well-written, engaging document that gives employers a snapshot of who you are and what you can do. So how do you write a CV that will make an impact? Here are some tips:

1. Start by taking a look at examples of successful CVs to get an idea of what format and style works best.

2. Make sure to tailor your CV specifically to each job you apply for. Generic CVs are quickly discarded.

3. Use clear, concise language and avoid jargon. Remember that your CV will be read by people from a wide range of backgrounds, so it should be easy to understand.

4. Highlight your achievements rather than simply listing your responsibilities. Employers want to see what you have accomplished, so make sure to include details of any successes you have had in your career to date.

5. Avoid using clichés or overused phrases such as “team player” or “hard worker”. Instead, try to give specific examples that demonstrate these qualities.

6. Finally, proofread your CV carefully before sending it off. mistakes can reflect badly on you and could cost you an interview opportunity, so it is essential to check for any errors before submitting your CV. following these simple tips will help you write a CV that stands out from the crowd and gives employers the information they need to assess your suitability for the role on offer.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: guylockky

Your CV is one of the most important documents you will ever write. It is your chance to sell yourself to prospective employers and to show them why you are the right person for the job. However, many people make the mistake of thinking that a CV is simply a list of their qualifications and experience. In reality, a CV should be much more than that. It should be a well-written, engaging document that gives employers a snapshot of who you are and what you can do. So how do you write a CV that will make an impact? Here are some tips:

1. Start by taking a look at examples of successful CVs to get an idea of what format and style works best.

2. Make sure to tailor your CV specifically to each job you apply for. Generic CVs are quickly discarded.

3. Use clear, concise language and avoid jargon. Remember that your CV will be read by people from a wide range of backgrounds, so it should be easy to understand.

4. Highlight your achievements rather than simply listing your responsibilities. Employers want to see what you have accomplished, so make sure to include details of any successes you have had in your career to date.

5. Avoid using clichés or overused phrases such as “team player” or “hard worker”. Instead, try to give specific examples that demonstrate these qualities.

6. Finally, proofread your CV carefully before sending it off. mistakes can reflect badly on you and could cost you an interview opportunity, so it is essential to check for any errors before submitting your CV. following these simple tips will help you write a CV that stands out from the crowd and gives employers the information they need to assess your suitability for the role on offer.

Btw, I found a few resourses where I grabbed some info for this post. I want to write it about, because it's not only my thoughts about this theme. So, references:
1. How to write a CV - careers.govt.nz
2. How to write a CV - prospects.ac.uk
3. How to write a good CV - nerdyseal.edu
edit on 14-10-2022 by guylockky because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2022 by guylockky because: corrected grammar mistake

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: james00
As you all guys probably may know, the ability to write resume is a pretty hard thing. To get employed you need to write and prepare appropriate resume according to the all rules. Many people just cannot make the resume which will meet all the demands. Could gouys please share the information how to get to learn how to write an appropriate resume.

if you live in the UK,US,Canada,Aus etc there are places that will sit down with you and help you write one and even get a job

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   
To write a CV properly, follow these guidelines:

1. Format: Use a clean and professional format with clear headings and bullet points. Choose a font that is easy to read.

2. Contact Information: Include your full name, phone number, email address, and LinkedIn profile (if applicable).

3. Objective Statement (optional): Write a concise statement that highlights your career goals and what you can bring to the position.

4. Work Experience: List your work history in reverse chronological order, starting with your www.joltcollective.com.... Include the company name, your job title, dates of employment, and a brief description of your responsibilities and achievements.

5. Education: Include your educational background, starting with your highest degree. Include the name of the institution, degree earned, and graduation year.

6. Skills: Highlight relevant skills that are applicable to the position you are applying for. Include both technical and soft skills.

7. Achievements and Awards: Mention any notable achievements or awards that demonstrate your capabilities and strengths.

8. Additional Sections (optional): Depending on your experience, you may include sections such as certifications, volunteer work, publications, or professional affiliations.

9. Proofread and Edit: Ensure that your CV is free from spelling and grammatical errors. Tailor it to each job application by emphasizing relevant skills and experiences.

10. Keep it Concise: Aim for a CV length of one to two pages. Be selective in the information you include and focus on what is most relevant to the position.

Remember, a well-written CV showcases your qualifications and experiences effectively, increasing your chances of getting noticed by potential employers.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: james00
As you all guys probably may know, the ability to write resume is a pretty hard thing. To get employed you need to write and prepare appropriate resume according to the all rules. Many people just cannot make the resume which will meet all the demands. Could gouys please share the information how to get to learn how to write an appropriate resume.

What I do now is to start my CV/Resume with a Career Highlights paragraph to start with and I put all the job-specific key words right up front, so for every different application my career highlights paragraph will change accordingly. Whereas my cover letter is more personable and directly states why I am the best candidate with concrete examples mentioned, of course.

The rest of the resume is broken up (no large chunks of information) and concise as I can get it, because nobody has time to read a book (as another member has so wisely stated).
edit on q000000091130America/Chicago0101America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join