It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldies Let's tell the Youngins How to have fun without FB

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Get a deck of cards for under 3.00. Viola! tons of games to play. Other ideas include: play a board game, Yahtzee, UNO, read books, try writing or doing arts and crafts, go outside and practice photography skills with your phone, ride a bike or go for a walk, learn to cook!

edit: these things work for any SHTF situation as well. mostly lol

edit on 4-10-2021 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Oh my, yes!"

There are 10 of us. 5 girls, 5 boys. Games were the go to gift for children in a large family. We had so many games that we had a closet as the storage place, to hold all those games.

We still pull out the games when we gather. And all of us are old now, but we all still have a game closet.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I used to like to hang with the old folk. They had the craziest stories, and the cleverest hacks.

I learned something everytime I visited with an elder. Always got some sort of sweet drink or treat, and always had fun.

Always felt loved, and always wanted to hurry back, even though you knew they were going to put you to work.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Back in the before times, when rotary phones were mounted on walls or sat at a table at the end of a hallway, people used to read books.

They used to actually read the written word on pieces of paper put together to form a small, handheld item that would stimulate your mind and imagination.

And it does not need an adapter, power cord, or batteries.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Took an extended weekend camping (Thursday night though this afternoon) on the other side of the state. Kids didn't ask for their devices once but on the drive home. Too much fun swimming, riding bikes, playing on the playground, looking for gators (didn't see any), toads and frogs (bunches!), snakes (only two!), and birding. Normal things for kids in my day (I'm an Oregon Trail Generation kid), but definitely not normal for their age brackets. I feel like I've done good for them in that regard.

Also, got this in a text, thought it was pretty funny.

edit on 10/4/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The only thing I desire in October when it comes to social media is the opportunity to post “Inktober” drawings on Instagram. Then look at all the other artists drawings on the #inktober and #inktober2021
A fun diversion for us artists wannabes

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Post things on the MySpace and maybe ask 'ASL?' on AOL IM.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In Generation X as well. For whatever reason my Facebook was shut down. My mom told me it was shut down that's how often I visit Facebook. I don't think I've been on there for at least 2 years. The reason why I stopped visiting was due to all the post that people put on about every little thing that they're doing in their day. All the time same people so annoying. I don't care what food you ate this morning or what path you ran this afternoon. I don't care about your pedometer. And seeing 50 pictures of your dog run in the water is it snowing use to me or anybody else is time. Furthermore the 90 pictures of your kid in the same position in every photo no matter where you are is by far one of the most ridiculous things that you share.

I'd much rather go to the beach, for a hike, or go shoot arrows at some targets. Life is too short 2 be uploaded onto a site for others to who in awe and amazement at only the positive points in their life

And quite possibly the most ridiculous thing about Facebook is the people who will put, " It will be okay. I'm fine." There's no other context to it. They just a bunch of attention Hogs.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't forget ICQ where you could find Asian men pretending to be hot girls, or Russian agents pretending to be hot girls, or Mossad agents pretending to be hot girls, or pretty much every type of person, other than hot girls.

Disclaimer: As a teenage boy full of hormones i never went on ICQ to look for hot girls. 100% never, ever, not even once. Promise.
edit on 4/10/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I forgot about ICQ. All the chicks ended up looking like DB in his Wonder Woman costume.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm slightly concerned that DB has a wonder woman costume. Even more concerning is you know how he looks in it.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There's always girls, hunting and fishing, but in a pinch Frisbees and weed.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Putting strips of plastic on the forks of your bike, so when you peddle they hit the spokes, and it sounds like a motorbike !!

Someone stole my bike when I was a kid, and my parents never got me a new one. I hate the suburb of Balga in Australia...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
Im a GenXer...I dont have 'fun' on FB...
I find it no different than posting here - just on a more local level.

What do you mean? ATS is nothing like Facebook! You can tell because there's hardly any cat pictures here.

My cat loved to sleep on his back.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
There are these things called cats and dogs. You gently put your hand on top of the end without the long projection and move it toward that end with the long projection. Stop partway there and repeat. If it is a dog, the long projection will move from side to side in a rhythmic fashion if you are doing it right. If it is a cat, there will be a rumbeling kind of noise from inside.

That is pretty much how the hand interface works on these models. If you are not certain you don’t have an opossum or a raccoon instead of a dog or cat, ask someone old enough to know.

lmao !! This should be an instructional video. I'd hit the like and subscribe button !!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh, and thanks to those other posters:

Three cheers for calling up radio stations, making mix tapes and reading books! It's just what I did, too. (Oh, and Scooby Doo on Saturday mornings.)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Back in the before times, when rotary phones were mounted on walls or sat at a table at the end of a hallway, people used to read books.

They used to actually read the written word on pieces of paper put together to form a small, handheld item that would stimulate your mind and imagination.

And it does not need an adapter, power cord, or batteries.

I remember times when I'd pick up a public phone box hand set, and in the dial tone were other voices, a crossed line sort of thing and we'd have to yell to talk to each other.. In some ways, it was the first online chat. haha..

Happened only a few times with the house land line. Ahh the things a 13 year old would find interesting...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I'm slightly concerned that DB has a wonder woman costume. Even more concerning is you know how he looks in it.

I own it.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Don't forget ICQ where you could find Asian men pretending to be hot girls, or Russian agents pretending to be hot girls, or Mossad agents pretending to be hot girls, or pretty much every type of person, other than hot girls.

Disclaimer: As a teenage boy full of hormones i never went on ICQ to look for hot girls. 100% never, ever, not even once. Promise.

ICQ... don't make me remember that loon sound...

Who else remembers The Palace chat rooms? Used to have fun there, making my avatar invisible, and then sneaking behind someone else in a conversation, and when I'd speak, it looked like they were the ones saying it.. hahah.. haha.. now that was hilarious fun

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And no one said www.MySpace.com... yet?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join