It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage * Snipped.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
login page is back up.

I can't log in though, because I don't have an account.

Cheers !

The only reason i have one now is because i have a oculus rift S VR set. At first i did not need a FB account for that in order to use it. I was planning on playing Lone Echo in VR tonight. That is how i found out it was all down.

I was already planning on selling the RIft S for a Decagear VR set but that got postponed for release so im stuck with FB for this right now.

EDIT: The Oculus site is working again now. Repairing the install. Not sure if it will actually work tho.

Same, well I have the rift S, quest 1 and quest 2, but at least my rift s is not reliant on me logging in. The quests are. And the quest 2 is my main kit, despite the ongoing battle between their latest updates and the latest nvidia drivers either ruining my nvenc codec for encoding, or having the pcvr link.

scary to think how damn trapped oculus left us when they sold to facebook.

So everyone here saying "I hope it never comes back up!!" should reimburse us both, should it go down eternally..

haha.. and to think I'm still considering a quest pro if the specs speculated are to come to pass... I'm just a sucker... I guess.
edit on 4-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Why don't the both of you start your own thread about it instead of derailing someone else's. Imagine being an adult
...blaming a big tech for many of the world's problems...and then spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars buying equipment that this company makes.

You both are a large part of the problem: Adult children that play games all day, but play advocate on ATS by night.
Pick a damned side and stick to it ffs.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Really ? Thats weird. I have to use a FB account on the rift S ever since they made it mandatory and i could not access any of my games or apps on it during their " outage".

But im ditching mine as soon as the decagear comes out. Im even considering switching over to the HP reverb (The decagear will use the same display) but the HP one goes for about 600 to 700 bucks.

The other big reason i want to ditch the Rift is because of the FOV. I also have a PSVR and on paper it is supposed to have a smaller FOV but in practice it has a wider FOV and that makes a huge difference i can tell ya. Also the OLED panel in the PSVR makes for a massive difference.

In short i cant wait to ditch my FB locked Rift S for many reasons !

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

scary to think how damn trapped oculus left us when they sold to facebook.

They also fired the founder of oculus, Lucky palmer because of his pro Trump comments. It was one of the first big signals of how they are now silencing anyone who does not vote left.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage, Whistleblower, and Massive User Data Breach Collide in Perfect Storm

Is this true ?

Facebook is down, and not in a minor way. The Big Tech mammoth is down worldwide in a way in which they will not be able to easily recover as the DNS A and AAA records have been deleted. Technically speaking, facebook.com is now for sale.

They’re not alone. Instagram, WhatsApp, and others have also been affected in the same way. It’s clearly a coordinated attack on a massive scale, though it’s unclear how it was pulled off. We’re not talking about a simple DDoS attack. This is catastrophic and would have required high-level access to certain protocols that one cannot get from the outside.

— Andy Stone (@andymstone) October 4, 2021

The timing of the widespread outages comes as a Facebook whistleblower will be testifying before Congress on Tuesday.The whistleblower appeared on “60 Minutes” Sunday, detailing the tech company’s mission to put profit before doing “what was good for the public,” including clamping down on hate speech. Shares of the tech company slid 6% by early afternoon, tumbling not just on the whistleblower but also the global outage.

Sou rce.

Wishful thinking or just a ludicrous online lie?

I report.

You decide.

Not how DNS works. A records are controlled by the owner...not signifying one.

The ICANN manages the ownership via keeping track of registers, and unless they lapsed the Domain it would not be for sale...I have many domains without A records that won't be available for sale for years

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes smells mighty fishy to me but hey what do I know both my Facebook and Google accounts are locked and I have been trying everything under the sun to unlock both with no luck. They locked them because I was offline for 2 years.. but yeah seems like they doing that so that when records are supeoned they can with a straight face say they were destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join