It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage * Snipped.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
login page is back up.

I can't log in though, because I don't have an account.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Its barely functional. I need to post a couple job ads...looks like ill bump it till tomorrow at this point. no one applies for jobs after 5pm on MOnday.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They have probably got thousands of pissed ex-employees who built the thing, then got sacked for not getting you know what. Then suddenly they find the programmers have left the back door open to which they have the key.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If this goes on for more than a few days the youth will meltdown and riot to begin with,then after a while they will gradualy join together in groups until they all end up running in a huge circle with a slack jawed expression on their faces just like John Cusak in the final shot of the movie "Cell."

Seriously though-this looks like a huge attack/sabotage operation by someone-Im guessing a company insider.
But-
Im always a bit wary when there are big events like this-because if China ever decided they were able to win WW3,I think they would start with something like this to make communication more difficult,and multiply the chaos of whatever their next move was.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
If this goes on for more than a few days the youth will meltdown and riot to begin with,then after a while they will gradualy join together in groups until they all end up running in a huge circle with a slack jawed expression on their faces just like John Cusak in the final shot of the movie "Cell."

Seriously though-this looks like a huge attack/sabotage operation by someone-Im guessing a company insider.
But-
Im always a bit wary when there are big events like this-because if China ever decided they were able to win WW3,I think they would start with something like this to make communication more difficult,and multiply the chaos of whatever their next move was.

"The youth" don't use FB and IG. FB is boomer tech. IG is more millenial tech. "the youth" use mostly tiktok right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Facebook will be restored soon
Facebook is currently under maintenance. It will be available again in a few minutes. Until then, see here for why you see this message. We apologize for any inconvenience.

That is what it says at : 7:03 Tuesday morning Tokyo time.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
login page is back up.

I can't log in though, because I don't have an account.

Cheers !

The only reason i have one now is because i have a oculus rift S VR set. At first i did not need a FB account for that in order to use it. I was planning on playing Lone Echo in VR tonight. That is how i found out it was all down.

I was already planning on selling the RIft S for a Decagear VR set but that got postponed for release so im stuck with FB for this right now.

EDIT: The Oculus site is working again now. Repairing the install. Not sure if it will actually work tho.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 04 Oct 2021 17:18:41 -050021202110America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

But-

Sounds more like they are cleaning house before the whistleblower goes public before congress just tomorrow.

Very coincidentally.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Didn't notice the outage. Hope it stays down though.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FocusedWolf

Bahhhhh it's back.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 2021104 by oddscreenname because: Double Post

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whistleblower: Facebook is misleading the public on progress against hate speech, violence, misinformation

Frances Haugen says in her time with Facebook she saw, "conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook."

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Sounds more like they are cleaning house before the whistleblower goes public before congress just tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarantulaBite
Whistleblower: Facebook is misleading the public on progress against hate speech, violence, misinformation

Frances Haugen says in her time with Facebook she saw, "conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook."

Link

Maybe it is the likes of you and I who are the great misinformed, and given what government leaders all over the world have been doing with their nations money for decades.

I like to take the well known advice from truthmakers like, 'The Guardian' when they said; "There are some stories not to be touched with by a bargepole"...(that's because they are too poor) of course.

A lot going on right now, and I'm pretty sure that Facebook algorithms are a lot more sophisticated than just chit chat!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Junto is a social platform that is being integrated with Holochain. Holochain just achieved the first decentralized chat feature and people will be able to host decentralized applications using either their custom manufactured rigs or a spare computer/drive. Their goal is a layer 1 protocol that is the next step beyond blockchain. Private data is all permissioned by the individual holder, one set of keys and no hidden data harvesting. Holochain also should allow for mesh networks that work independent of internet connectivity even via bluetooth or other wireless.

I believe right now there are between 2-3000 units deployed on the network. It will take a while to scale and the chip shortage has made production slow. Cloud services are currently concentrated in a few large companies and, as people increasingly figure out, that's not good. Decentralized applications are the future, but it's yet to be seen if Holochain will be successful or if current blockchain tech is adapted. There are already decentralized exchanges and financial instruments running.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
🔥 Firesale for data on 1.5 billion Facebook users, is being sold on a popular hacking-related forum. Data contains users’ names, emails, phone numbers, locations, gender, and user ID.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

My only concern is that my VR gear will not be usable if it does go down full time. I didn't spend this much money to have it rendered useless by people who just can't stay away from something they don't like.

Only real reason I even have a FB account.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
I'll give them $5 for it.

Then again probably not. I'm not owning something that evil.

Well, you wouldn't own the servers or data, just the fancy name. You could make it the next goatse website though, if you liked...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
'Poor' Satan-berg has just lost $6 billion

Zuckerberg loses over $6 billion dollars

So now he only has 121.6 billion... I feel for the poor guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join