It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balls On The Table

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If anything, the closest thing to a trickster, for the most part of Ufology, are Orange Orbs, since they look like a lot things.

From Chinese Lanterns, to Sky divers with fireworks at their feet, to meteorites, to drones, some planes, to bad cgi.
edit on 4-10-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

It's not about what they look like. It's what they do.
If fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me
Is one of the 'test subjects'... we'd all have failed.

In proving our intelligence.
Doesn't even matter what side of the fence you're on, you too have failed more than once and confused what you saw/heard/read/thought with something else.
So our own brain filling the gaps, is also a trickster.
Level1 trickster
but still...

edit on 4-10-2021 by Peeple because: add

edit on 4-10-2021 by Peeple because: grammar

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Whatever our purpose is for this journey, I think we missed it.

Have we considered the possibility that 'it' was not entirely missed ?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It tough to say, and I could go on about it, especially with what other names an things they could of looked like, or been called.

Id love to know too, but maybe it like knowing the future, when it better not too know too much or little at all sort of speak. I do think a large part of it is Astral or even mental to extremes like multi-verse an butterfly effects. While on the odd or rare occasions, whatever it is, is actually here.

Yea our brain would be constantly filling the gaps, kind of like Lightning and how Thunder follows.
One study, an was posted years on ATS was that there was a Supercomputer modeled after the human brain processes. It took 10 mins for the Supercomputer to finish a second simulation of the brain.
edit on 4-10-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Whatever our purpose is for this journey, I think we missed it.

Have we considered the possibility that 'it' was not entirely missed ?

I have. And I have thought the reason why we may be here, is because we have not got it, just right, yet.

That maybe this is just a training camp, and we keep coming back until we get it right and graduate to a higher plain.

Spiritual growth and development requires a learning process. It is like locking a starving child in a room with all the things they love, and demanding that they look but not touch.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Trying to not try.
No grasping.
The garbage was put-out, the truck picked it up, it was dumped in the, errrr, dump, and bulldozed-over long ago.

No control, but sometimes the illusion of control.

Perhaps none of it is figure-out-able ?

Don't worry about it !

Trot-on, through the wonderful pastures full of wildflowers !

The bliss is here, now !

Everything else : is the story.

You know : maybe...
Or the opposite of the above, or not, or nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes : have seen those ideas bandied-about 'round here, and perhaps even rather recently by you as well.

Maybe there is no 'right', and therefore no 'wrong' ?

Am also not sure, that is any 'reason' for this experience.

But yeah : can see what you mean, by this darned persistent illusion, and all of the shiny distractions.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's too early in the morning for kung fu, horsey...

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The problem is it is dead. At least the last few hundred years it hasn't moved.
I think it at least needs an update and a reboot.

To that ''acting as if''. I read once that the Greek pantheon of Gods was a work of fiction and they all knew it. But over time, the simple game of ''acting as if'' took hold and over time became the accepted stable of Gods. Then or course the Romans just picked it up and used it too, for hundreds of years. At least they changed the names.

It may be that religions are tailored for locales and populaces, agrarian, military, hunter gatherer, etc. Some guy or group tries to figure it all out and comes up with some ideas as an operating system either honestly or Machiavellian and set the ball rolling. Again I read once that Saul/Paul may not have been visited by Jesus on the road transforming him into the cat he is known as today but rather he had a moment of recognition. Recognizing what a tool that little faith had, the symbols it had to orchestrate a new power structure. With him near the top of course. Who knows of course but at least another ball to juggle.

But why a reboot? For what reason? As an operating system for societies? It would have to be a global operating system huh? In that case, I guess it doesn't matter what it is. Maybe popular culture will suffice. Maybe ''Britney the Naked Queen celebrated as the woman who freed herself from her evil father and now struts the world stage in her birthday suit. How glorious would that be?

Or would we want to have something that might serve as a foundation for individuals to take their own tentative steps to self realization and transcendence? For me I guess that would be the only way to get us out of our jams. All those old operating systems seem to have run their courses leaving us here on the brink.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well I think updated a little and rebooted because if it's there to nurture our compassion and inspiring to a life serving your community there's nothing wrong with religion.
On that level: shared celebrations of major human experiences like birth, love and death is religious and always held our communities together. I feel like there should be a priest, rabbi or imam, or monk, or shaman, or whatever you want present.
That's I think how religion started and was and can be again a strong force of hope. Raising altruism back to what it is: the secret of our success.
Not a weakness that gets you eaten by sharks.
In a world where the sharks are the heroes and the cow is... well if you are one that's your own fault.
That's not who we are. Most of us. And the sharks are destroying nature, society, beauty and truth. The cow was always a symbol of motherly love and nurture. Now it's beef and a climate killer.

I'm just rambling I'm sorry.
Where religion really failed across the board is to help people getting through those spiritual events in human life.
If there is any hope for a kind of loving God religion should be the first who wants to hear all about it when people go through their initiation, their awakening, the bliss that feels like it has to come from God, epiphanies and such things...
Instead they tell you what to think? They don't want you to transcende your human--ness?
'Sorry your experience is only valid if it contains all of the listed archetypes', seriously?
That's why it is dead. It doesn't help us anymore to make sense of this crazy thing called life, it tried to regulate life so it fits what long time ago people felt was cutting edge knowledge.
At their time it was. But it has nothing to do anymore with what people are actually going through.

Acting as if is the most primitive form of magic. It doesn't work. We know that with all certainty and if you feel you must you can test it yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm just rambling I'm sorry.

Kind, but not to worry. Often I think that our ramblings offer our more speculative moments and well worth the circuitous detours.

I think Christianity has been rebooting off and on over the ages. Thas good I guess as it widens the umbrella offered to people from outside it's established boundries. But it has also been weaponized a lot, and this goes right back to those tow different interpretations of the mission of Saul/Paul. Also, a case can be made that it would never have lasted had it not been weaponized over it's' course.

I liked the rebooting of it in the 60s and seventies, call it the liberalization if we want but here too we find that in the last half score decades it has been re weaponized by the sharks who have made segments of it over to resemble themselves stressing the Warrior God, the Vengeful God over a Loving God.

f there is any hope for a kind of loving God religion should be the first who wants to hear all about it when people go through their initiation, their awakening, the bliss that feels like it has to come from God, epiphanies and such things...

I recall a period in my young life where I dared to begin venturing beyond the canned responses of my religious leaders. I had a sequence of sweeping spiritual epiphanies following my Cartesian realization. When I took my recounting of those moments to the ''most blessed'' of my church, I was told ''and that is the moment the Devil took control of your soul.''

Yeah, byeee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join