It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook hit with massive DDoS attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

What if everything is attacked?
We might have to go back to pre-internet memes!!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I know a bunch of folks here use FB religiously. But for the sake of family members, I hope the heck it’s goes down forever and we can get back to table conversations at dinner.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
Yep! Instagram too😆😆😆

To busy with my now cancer free doggo anyways😁👍🏼

Enjoy this while the rest of The World awaits the return of first world problems
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

What if everything is attacked?
We might have to go back to pre-internet memes!!

LMAO 🤣😂😂🤣😆👍🏼

edit on 4-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: Manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

FB is not free. We pay with our personal information. Since that is valuable to them, it has a monetary value. Your argument we don't pay is wrong. We just don't pay with cash.

If anything of value is traded, thats a payment.

You are perfectly free to with hold that information thus with holding payment. They are free to do as they please.

NOPE. Case law is against them, and thats why they have fought to stay out of court.

You cannot erect a message board in the town square, then censor who posts on it. If it is open to the public, you cannot censor it. FB is open to the public so much they beg and advertise to get people to come in. They exist in a public domain, same as a town square.

You do not know the legal premise of my argument, or understand what you are talking about. You think you are right because you heard that argument thousands of time with no one knowing why it is wrong. I am explaining to you, but you just dont get it.

There's more than one precedent. Like when an oil giant built a town for its employees and let the postal service in to deliver mail, but tried to ban solicitors. They could not ban the solicitors, because when they opened it to the postal office they made it a public space.

You cant have it both ways. They are either a publisher, or they are a public space for discourse they cannot censor. Either way, they are legally screwed in court. Thats why they spend so much to stay out of court. And they bribe so many politicians, no one stands up against them.

Do your research, quit spreading misnomers.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh no! Anyone check MySpace, Napster or AskJeeves? Hope they are still up.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
Yep! Instagram too😆😆😆

To busy with my now cancer free doggo anyways😁👍🏼

Enjoy this while the rest of The World awaits the return of first world problems
youtu.be...

As long as ATS is up and maybe Fanduel and I AM GOOD...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow, I'm glad someone posted this. Otherwise I would have never known why the world was exploding.

I did check... down for me. Who cares?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Do these marketing strategies create extremist feedback in social media users or does extremist feedback from social media users create these marketing strategies? From what I'm reading here, the product reflects the consumer.

They are knowingly and intentionally acting as antagonists. They see what is going on through data analytics, but then promote everything anyway knowing they are the cause of the fights.

I honestly do not know, but is there case law for antagonists ever being held liable from the fallout of them causing problems?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Watch them blame it on a virus!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

As long as ATS is up and maybe Fanduel and I AM GOOD...

LOL.... nice😏😏👍🏼😊 our priorities are keen

Fanduel

edit on 4-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: Manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole manhole

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your a damn nub if you have a Facecrack account. Those Facecrack folks are ALL ATTENTION WHORES....I care not what you did, what your going to do or what you think I should do....If Facecrack went away tomorrow would it really matter? If Twitter went away tomorrow would it really matter?? If ALL the social networking sites went away tomorrow...would it really matter ? Answer is hell no it would'nt...we lived without it before it came...we will live without it when it dies. Just go ask some MYSPACE people...they 'll tell ya.
edit on Octoberpm31b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527

It doesn't matter if it actually matters. what matters is if people think it matters. the answer is yes lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

AskJeeves

😪 Me shedding a tear of nostalgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we please go back to AskJeeves days!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
For whatever it's worth.....if anything at all. Sent to me by a cyber security engineer.

What Happened to Facebook, Instagram, & WhatsApp?

Doug Madory is director of internet analysis at Kentik, a San Francisco-based network monitoring company. Madory said at approximately 11:39 a.m. ET today (15:39 UTC), someone at Facebook caused an update to be made to the company’s Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) records. BGP is a mechanism by which Internet service providers of the world share information about which providers are responsible for routing Internet traffic to which specific groups of Internet addresses.

In simpler terms, sometime this morning Facebook took away the map telling the world’s computers how to find its various online properties. As a result, when one types Facebook.com into a web browser, the browser has no idea where to find Facebook.com, and so returns an error page.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ahh, good ol days. When illegally downloading 5 songs took 2 hours.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: frogs453

AskJeeves

😪 Me shedding a tear of nostalgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we please go back to AskJeeves days!

I remember the good ole days of Q-link and Compuserve back when I had my Commodore64 and just a tape drive and 300baud Modem.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Wow, I'm glad someone posted this. Otherwise I would have never known why the world was exploding.

I did check... down for me. Who cares?

TheRedneck

It is not just FB. It is multiple platforms and other things too.
I think it matters because hundreds of thousands of people use these platforms to communicate. If they are controlled by TPTB and go down - hundreds of thousands of people cannot communicate and share information.

I only use FB for one thing: I am in a number of Conservative groups where we share a lot of information and I am in some local town and parent groups for our schools....each group has thousands of people. Now we have zero way of communicating and sharing info.

So, it may seem petty on the surface, but if they control our ways of communication and shut it down so easily - the entire world is f***ed.

Twitter is still up...but since not everyone uses it......not everyone is getting valuable information. And we all know, not everyone is here on ATS

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

link   
Your statement is actually the problem.....not enough thinkers on Facecrack, twitter, etc etc etc. Just the "Look at me people" I'm important.a reply to: CryptoCato

edit on Octoberpm31b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 10/4/21 by Gothmog because: oops , someone may have taken that wrong ....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join