It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook hit with massive DDoS attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
" No one should have power over the conversations we want to have with other free citizens."

If we were paying for Facebook, I'd say that you are right, but, we are NOT paying for it. It's their site, they have the right to do as they please with it. If you don't like it, you are free not to go there.

We have a small local Mall. There's a group who thinks that they have a right to run their protests in the open area. To this point the owners of the Mall haven't done anything about it. They agreed with the views of the protesters. A few weeks ago these protesters assaulted and injured several people. This lead to a majority of the tenant stores asking the Owners to ban the protests. The owners refused. Last week the stores gave notice that they were leaving. Now the owners have changed their mind.

Facebook owns Facebook. They can do what they want with it. If you don't like it, you are free not to go there. Like the owners of the stores. They didn't like what the Owners were doing, so they exercised their right to go elsewhere. That's the only right that you have in this.

FB is not free. We pay with our personal information. Since that is valuable to them, it has a monetary value. Your argument we don't pay is wrong. We just don't pay with cash.

If anything of value is traded, that's a payment.

Think of it like taking a pound of gold for a bowl of rice from a native population in a jungle somewhere that does not understand the value of gold. You cannot argue they didn't pay you because they didn't know what they gave you had immense value. You will take that gold to someone else and trade it cash. Thats what FB does with our data, so they amplified that bad argument you are pushing, and suppressed the legitimate arguments of why they are stealing by deception.
edit on 4-10-2021 by TrollMagnet because: added

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

FB is not free. We pay with our personal information. Since that is valuable to them, it has a monetary value. Your argument we don't pay is wrong. We just don't pay with cash.

If anything of value is traded, thats a payment.

You are perfectly free to with hold that information thus with holding payment. They are free to do as they please.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
It’s not just FB, it’s a ton of sites. I’m surprised ATS is still up.

You'd be surprised at the number of sites that connect to Facebook for whatever reason. Probably stalled out waiting for server replies.

See it quite a bit on the progress/activity/whatever bar when pages are loading. And for example why does an auto parts site need to connect to FB when I'm searching for filters??

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
my wifi and everything is down WTF

id be looking at china not disgruntled nerds

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is only the beginning.

the phrase "this is only the beginning" is zeitgeist at its best!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

If anything of value is traded, thats a payment.

You are perfectly free to with hold that information thus with holding payment. They are free to do as they please.

Wrong again. While the constitution regulated the government explicitly in many cases, it is actually the law of the land. Just because you are not part of the gov does not mean you can break the laws they cannot break. That's a fools argument.

The only reason the cake baker won was because he was citing a religious exemption, otherwise he could not actually refuse service based on sexual orientation. Thats because he had to follow the constitution.

The perversion of our laws only works if the useful idiots who do not understand what they are talking about are not shut up by those of us who actually understand this.
edit on 4-10-2021 by TrollMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

You'd be surprised at the number of sites that connect to Facebook for whatever reason. Probably stalled out waiting for server replies.

See it quite a bit on the progress/activity/whatever bar when pages are loading. And for example why does an auto parts site need to connect to FB when I'm searching for filters??

I could be wrong but you need to adjust your settings on Facebook and/or your browser or get a new browser. Sounds like tracking stuff that could be turned off. Depends on you browser, for example pretty sure the incognito window function on Chrome will eliminate some of that, but Im not a Chrome fan by any stretch

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Holy Schnikees check this out—

livemap.pingdom.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

in germany facebook is down too. it even trends on twitter.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onoloufo

This is only the beginning.

the phrase "this is only the beginning" is zeitgeist at its best!

Please explain.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Holy Schnikees check this out—

livemap.pingdom.com...

25 percent over the average.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Thank goodness, now the amount of disinformation spreading today will be reduced.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Wrong again. While the constitution regulated the government explicitly in many cases, it is actually the law of the land. Just because you are not part of the gov does not mean you can break the laws they cannot break. That's a fools argument.

The Constitution limits the power of the Government only.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Here's hoping it's bad enough to destroy them forever.

Don't give hope 99.999% of social media is definitely crap society would be better without.

Imagine COVID minus social media influence...

link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Hmmm, possibly governmental ordered?

Could there be some other news about to break, Government shuts it down, to keep things quiet. Its not that they are down perse, it is what is the reason all the sites crash at once all of them are in different places it ain't a circuit breaker.

The Pandora Papers

The governments (and corporations who own them) don’t want Facebook talking about that

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: projectvxn
Here's hoping it's bad enough to destroy them forever.

Don't give hope 99.999% of social media is definitely crap society would be better without.

Imagine COVID minus social media influence...

The Flu

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
somebody uploaded the new configs
right before
they fired him for not getting vaxed

LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Not a word on major MSM yet , My account has been down around 4 hours now

Mine has been down since about 10:45 AM Central.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join