It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Day demonstration in London 1936

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hello ATS!
Recently I came across several photos that seemed very interesting to me.
The photo shows the May Day demonstration in London, which took place in 1936

As you can see, Stalin and the USSR were very popular in Britain. But the story of the demonstration ended even more interestingly. It turns out at the same time an event was organized in London - a march of supporters of the leader of the British Union of Fascists, Oswald Mosley. Members of The Communist Party of Great Britain (CPGB) tried in every possible way to obstruct this march, clashes and the construction of barricades were recorded. But the London police did everything so that no one interfered with Mosley's fascists.

British police dismantle a communist barricade to make way for a march of supporters of the leader of the British Union of Fascists, Oswald Mosley.

March of the British fascists 1936

"The party was active in organizing various rallies and demonstrations. Some of these ended in violence, notably in 1936 when Communist marchers clashed with the Blackshirts, members of Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists, in and around London's Cable Street."

Link

Interestingly, these events are not covered at all in the English-language press. Even Wikipedia is silent about this.

Since then, 69 and even 79 years have passed, but in
May Day demonstrations continue to take place in London. How do the police meet them now?

May Day demonstration in London 2009

May Day demonstration in London 2019

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You might like the last season and up and coming season of "The Peaky Blinders".

Its fictional but touches on the likes and times Oswald Mosley and his fascists were doing the rounds.

The cinematography, art and architecture of the era is also a sight to behold.
edit on 4-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You might like the last season and up and coming season of "The Peaky Blinders".

Its fictional but touches on the likes and times Oswald Mosley and his fascists were doing the rounds.

The cinematography, art and architecture of the era is also a sight to behold.

Unfortunately, the architecture of London at that time was very badly damaged during the Luftwaffe raids.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Give the show a go RussianTroll.

You will see what i mean with the clobber and architecture.

Its not quite "The Crown" but its spectacular to behold and does indeed cover the Fascist antics of Oswald and his cronies on or around that time period.
edit on 4-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That's not strictly true; its reasonably well known that Eastenders kicked the crap out of Oswald's Blackshirts.
It became known as The Battle of Cable Street.
en.wikipedia.org...

We Brits don't do fascism.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's not strictly true; its reasonably well known that Eastenders kicked the crap out of Oswald's Blackshirts.
It became known as The Battle of Cable Street.
en.wikipedia.org...

We Brits don't do fascism.

Now no one accuses the British of classical fascism. But then Oswald Mosley was very popular in Britain.
By the way, the ceremony of his first marriage was attended by the King of Great Britain George the Fifth, the Queen, the Belgian King Albert I, the leader of the Conservatives Boner Lo and many other representatives of the British and continental establishment.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Oswald Mosley had a following, but he could never be described as 'very popular'.

He was part of 'the establishment' but ordinary British men and women had very little time for him.
At the height of its popularity his British Union of Fascists had approximately 50,000 members but as their policies became more radical support quickly declined.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oswald Mosley had a following, but he could never be described as 'very popular'.

He was part of 'the establishment' but ordinary British men and women had very little time for him.
At the height of its popularity his British Union of Fascists had approximately 50,000 members but as their policies became more radical support quickly declined.

But there is one nuance in our time. Communists and Nazis (fascists) were bitter enemies before World War II. And now to accuse Hitler and Stalin of conspiracy is to cover up the conspiracy of our own elites.
edit on 4-10-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow that line of thought.
Could you please expand upon it a bit to help me understand exactly what you mean?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow that line of thought.
Could you please expand upon it a bit to help me understand exactly what you mean?

Of course. It's just that in any thread of mine devoted to history, mostly the British come and say that Hitler is equal to Stalin. I'm already tired of refuting this fake. Therefore, here, on the forum, a certain complex is already beginning to develop))) Joke)))

new topics

top topics

join