It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal Says 25 Percent of American Women Have Murdered Their Unborn Child.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ketsuko

The difference is, I am not inside you, affecting your health and well being!

Funny how mother nature or God or whoever you want to believe specifically designed the female body to be so affected by babies while we carry them to term.

Now all I can say here is that if you are so, so afraid of the risks posed by pregnancy and childbirth that you absolutely cannot bear them, perhaps you should not be having sex which is an act specifically designed to bring those things on?

We can talk about medical necessity and rape and incest, but those are so tiny a percentage of abortions that they are about as statistically significant as to the overall discussion as the truly intersexed individuals are to the transperson discussion which is to say, not at all truly. And if we were actually only using abortions in those rare instances, this would not be nearly the issue it is.

However instead, we have instances where a child can be born prematurely between 22 and 30 weeks and be given every opportunity and medical support in a NICU and no one here would challenge that child's right to be called a human being or treated as one, but another child just as far along can be born down the street in an abortion clinic and left to gasp out its life in a storage room because the procedure is botched and no one here who defends the practice will bat an eye, call it a baby, or recognize its essential humanity.

What's the difference between the two? There is none. None at all except the desire of the mother, and that is absolutely arbitrary. You are allowing one human being to determine the humanity of another on an arbitrary basis and thus either assigning or depriving it the essential human rights granted to all in the COTUS. And that's wrong, and something I thought we'd done away with post slavery.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Here is the thing though...
Over 90% of abortions occur prior to the 14th week...
I really think those pictures are of fetuses further along in development.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Those photos are mock ups. Distortions. Fakes.

You're trying to tell me that first photo is a real baby?

Yeah right.

I've seen better photos and fakes on the front page of the Weekly World News.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
What is the difference between the two babies you described...
The abortion clinic that leaves the baby gasping for air in a storage room if breaking a law!!!

Ya, they are a tiny percentage... we don't need to talk about them or consider them when writing laws, do we?? But oh, look at these pictures of hacked up babies with fully formed fingernails!! Over 90% of abortions occur before the 14th week. The fetus doesnt have fingernails at that stage.. those pictures represent just as tiny a percentage as those I am discussing!! And, if you are talking about a miscarriage of a 17 week pregnancy, there is no hacking involved usually. They are just inducing labor of a fetus that cannot be carried to term, which Mr. Seago was arguing against doing in the link I posted because it would kill the baby. Remember the Indian women in Ireland that died because Ireland was a catholic country? She was left to suffer a few days if I remember right. She died of sepsis and no baby was saved.. just another death racked up.
Go back and read the article I posted that is the type of less "efficient" care Mr. Seago thinks women (and girls) should be given! He most certainly is placing the rights of the unborn, even those that stand no chance of surviving above the rights of the mother!!

The prolife crowd keeps complaining that the pro choice crowd is considering abortion as just another type of birth control but I would have to say so aren't the prolife peeps when they so easily dismiss the medical need of abortion that they purposely neglect to consider that need not only in their discussions but also their laws.

And god may have designed a women's body to bare children (although childbirth was at one time a common cause of death) he did not design a young girls body to!! Children having children is not healthy for children!! Another fact the texas legislature neglected to consider when writing their newest law.

edit on 3-10-2021 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

As someone who has had 3d ultrasounds during two pregnancies, yeah.. that is pretty much what a 14 week fetus looks like. You can search for pics I don't want to post that stuff on here. But others might.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Don't think so..

link

3 1/2 inches from crown to rump..

There is a measuring tape in the first picture.. that little guy appears to be twice that size at least.
Over 90% of abortions occur prior to 14 weeks..

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
World abortion counter from January 1 till now.

Too bad they're not counting Hamburgers sold instead...

Horrific.

www.worldometers.info...

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion [1] , there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion. [2]

edit on 10/4/2021 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yeah I dont consider abortion within the first 2 trimesters murder.

I personally don't consider it a standalone human being before that point.

It can't survive outside of the womb if it were born at that point, due to it's point of development (which is different from being unable to survive due to deformity/disease)

It's not a separate sustainable stand alone entity within 6 months. Aborting it at that point is akin to getting rid of / removing something else from your body you don't want there.

After that 6mo period though. That's a gray area for me I'll admit.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What's interesting is, that if you guys REALLY believed it was murder, you'd being trying to bring charges against the women for murder.

Yet NOT ONE SINGLE bill has been introduced to do that. NO ONE SINGLE law against these murders.

And you know why? Because if you started putting women in jail for life for murdering their fetus, women would leave the Republican Party in droves.

So you talk the talk, but when are you guys going to WALK THE WALK. If it's murder, charge the woman with murder. Otherwise, please shut up.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

This is a typical anti-abortion piece of lying propaganda.

If someone had slit your throat before you were born, you would have been murdered.

GOD labeled it as such. Not a court. Come on...THINK!

God was to busy telling men to go commit rape, murder and genocide to care about people having abortions.

Get with the program.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Here is the thing though...

The only reason ANY of us are here speaking right now is because our mothers had us.

Abortion is a barbaric act, ANYONE defending such an act by definition is a barbarian.
edit on 4-10-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:43 AM
link   

a reply to: seedofchucky

Abortion is the cleansing of an unwanted growth in a woman's body, no if's and's or but's about it.

That’s your simplistic definition. You are being disingenuous. Morals are a human construct too and you have none.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

False representation.

She did not say that these women ''murdered'', she said they had an abortion.

Murder is against the law while those abortions were likely in accordance with the law.

The usual argument is i were raped, or my body my murder, the rest don’t like condoms

Yep...That's the ticket.

Women hate condoms! I hear it all the time, "I wanted to wear a condom, but she wouldn't allow it!

That's why abortions are so darn popular. After all, one in four women agree, having an abortion is better than having to endure sex with a condom.
/sarc

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"And need reproductive care," so... of the women who get abortions, 25% of them need reproductive care? Sounds like that's actually what's being said.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Since some of you are thumping that bible pretty hard...

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Man, so glad we have so many perfect people here.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Robbo2006

False representation.

She did not say that these women ''murdered'', she said they had an abortion.

Murder is against the law while those abortions were likely in accordance with the law.

The usual argument is i were raped, or my body my murder, the rest don’t like condoms

Yep...That's the ticket.

Women hate condoms! I hear it all the time, "I wanted to wear a condom, but she wouldn't allow it!

That's why abortions are so darn popular. After all, one in four women agree, having an abortion is better than having to endure sex with a condom.
/sarc

Unfortunately I know one woman where that is probably true. She has 4 children by two different guys and at least 4 abortions that I know of. Sad? Yes. Drugs involved? Probably. Self destructive? Absolutely. This is type of woman that raises the percentage for everyone else.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Go out and murder a pregnant woman and see how many deaths you are charged with. Go back to my argument about abortion being the denial of essential humanity and rights for the arbiteary convenience of the woman.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Not one of my arguments has a thing to with the Bible, a favorite dodge by those in favor of wholesale abortion.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Abortion is the deliberate, intentional ending of life of an innocent living human being.

This statement is all fact and cannot be disputed.

Many pro-abortion folks accept this and do own it, sadly.

Others simply try to obfuscate, misdirect, alter definitions in an attempt to ease the guilt they feel for supporting this barbaric act.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Those photos are mock ups. Distortions. Fakes.

You're trying to tell me that first photo is a real baby?

Yeah right.

I've seen better photos and fakes on the front page of the Weekly World News.

Regardless. GOD created them.

It's not up to us to KILL them based on selfish reasons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join