It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros group pours $500k into campaign to oppose reinstating Austin police units that were defunded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Proposition A, an Austin ballot proposal for the Nov. 2 election backed by the group Save Austin Now, would require at least two Austin police officers for every 1,000 residents and would provide officers with an additional 40 hours of police training each year on topics such as weapons proficiency and active shooter scenarios.

According to financial records reviewed by Fox News, Soros’ Open Society Policy Center last week donated $500,000 to Equity Austin, a group that is working to defeat Proposition A. "It sickens me that out of town billionaires are able to swoop into Austin to fight against citizen-led ballot initiatives," Austin City Council member Mackenzie Kelly said in a statement to Fox News. "The purpose of our city’s charter is to allow regular, everyday people to fight for what they believe in when the city council fails them."

Soros is still meddling in US affairs. This is one city, how many more cities are he and his zombies intervening in?

I am winding down for the day so I may not be participating in my own thread. Just wanted to get this out to y’all.

edit on 3-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow
I think a few cities where police were defended need to burn. Everybody needs to see what happens when police are defunded and crime runs rampant. If everyone sees this the chances of another round of this BS happening are minimal.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If they do succeed in getting rid of all of the police,who is
suppose to do any law enforcement in those cities? Are they
really pushing to allow foreign "troops" to police us? Maybe
people should invest in big,bad,biting dogs to protect them
along with anything that goes BANG!

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

"Defund the Police" is and always has been a Marxist SCAM to eliminate law enforcement, cause immense chaos and come up with a "new solution":

"new" police, made up exclusively of Antifa/Democrat sympathizers, like the NKVD and the Cheka replaced legitimate police in Revolutionary Russia....with a likely bloodbath to follow..
edit on 3-10-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Abbott is getting fed up with the leftist meccah in Austin, thankfully, the recent election reforms that he has signed into law will change much of that, since that's how they've been gaming the system.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Democrat Marxist orgs love to make their own districts suffer with endless killing 🤣

Just like all the big Democrat cities that have done nothing to fix lead pipe poisoning of their own Citizens that vote them into office and make them rich🤣

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Let me ask a serious question here

Why would you want to fund these police in these areas when they prosecute people for defending themselves and let the Antifa rioters walk?

If the police are political instruments defending the criminal leftest, why should you want them funded?

I am more afraid of getting prosecuted and destroyed by the police and legal system than the criminals now. I doubt USCCA Membership is going to help much if you fall into the situation of defending yourself against the power of the state dropping the hammer on you and letting the criminals go.
edit on 3-10-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   
If the idiots want to defund the police lets start at the top with the FBI and work our way down through the CIA as over the last so many years their leadership has proven themselves to be villainous fork tongued people killers the world over.

I am really surprised that Soros and some of his NGOs have not been removed from the world stage
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well it is Austin Texas and the people of texas can take care of any problems that the police can not.
Texas is a stand your ground state and as of Sep 1 2021 is a right to carry without a license state.
guides.sll.texas.gov...

This is the wrong state to try to defund the cops.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It's playing out that way in many cities across the country. I don't know why Austin should be spared. It just makes the cities even less habitable than they already are. My father is quite desperate to get out of Houston but hasn't found a way to do it yet because of health concerns. Apparenlty, Democrats have a very high tolerance for out of control crime waves.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How else do you turn a state like Texas into a blue hole?

Next, they'll come for your beef

new topics

top topics

join