It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble with Flagging Posts and Giving Stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ok, I really don’t like to complain. I have been having this problem on the IPAD I use and have been having the most difficult time flagging and starring posts. I have to click a million times like a crack addict on acid before it will show and it is kinda weird I must say. Anyone else having issues like this? What can I do to fix?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Clear out your trash. It usually works on my tablet.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Samsung galaxy S2.

Been frustrating for 2 weeks now. I'll click them, they will highlight but not register. I usually have to leave the page and come back and then it will have registered.

Otherwise I look like this for clicks and registers.

Edit: just clicking the flag for this post, it highlighted in White but didn't register to after leaving page and refreshing a couple times.

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Clear out your trash. It usually works on my tablet.

This was the first go to... but it's not doing the trick always.πŸ˜‘

edit on 3-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thank you; I thought I was going crazy. (You are one of my favorites here by the way).

edit on 3-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: My

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If i have a VPN turned on it can be a problem sometimes.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Welcome, you're not the only member having an issue. I was worried the advertisements were getting in the way again like a couple of years back for a moment.

Here's my thread from July 8th 2019.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

Edit: and Thanks
πŸ˜€
edit on 3-10-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I've experienced this problem intermittently for years.

Years.

Put it this way, since I became a member, I've had several devices, ISP's and VPN's. It doesn't make a difference. Sometimes it works and other times I experience exactly what you describe.

I can't call it. πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Thanks; I will just keep clicking like a maniac. I do get discouraged at times though.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Thank you: I tried that a few times recently to no avail.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As with 99 percent of the issues with web clients on ATS, it is your environment and almost always related to tracking cookies. Clear your browser cache and cookies and run free cleanup programs like ccleaner every day and your problems will go away.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Same here, in fact, I've gotten so used to it, I'm often surprised when it takes on the first hit. It works more consistently for flags rather than stars.

Looking at that little star makes me think that there's a lot going on behind the scenes in order for it to work.

Firstly, you have to be logged on, lurkers can't give stars.

Secondly, it involves two accounts, the person you star and your own account. It has to make sure you can't give more than one star, even if you see a new one that activates if you click it. In reality, it doesn't count.

Obviously, the stars have to align perfectly (pun intended) and ATS's servers must ensure all the above criteria are met. So, some hiccups are bound to happen, especially on poor connections or technical issues at either end.

Lastly, the target area of the star is very small, most times I just simply miss it. You know when you're over the target by rolling your cursor over it, the star becomes lighter and a pop up label will tell you "give this post a star". This last bit is non existent on mobile devices, so it's more hit & miss when you're on a phone or tablet.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thanks; I have been using the same iPad for a while now. I never had this trouble until recently- approximately 3 months ago. Nothing has changed on my end.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not been able to star a post for a good year now.
Flags stick though.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yep, there have been a few threads about connectivity problems for some members, so it's plausible you're suffering this issue, but limited to stars and flags. Do you also have slow page loading times or timeouts when you click on threads? Also, are you using mobile data or a WiFi connection?

edit on 3/10/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There has been slow page loading which started at the same time as the flag and stars problem, but not as frustrating. I have a paid internet connection to my house through Time Warner/ Spectrum with a router attached.

Is that a Ferrari logo in your avatar? I went to the F-1 races in Austin a few years ago and Ferrari lost. I was so wanting them to win; I still bought a Ferrari tshirt at the end of the night.
edit on 3-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Thank you: I tried that a few times recently to no avail.

Clicking like a maniac may make it worse.
Clink and refresh...sometimes that is needed.

On mobile, I find making the screen larger helps with stars.
edit on Sun Oct 3 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Thank you DTOM. I have found that if click the star and can scroll the post off screen then back to viewing ability then the star will sometimes appear. I have tried to enlarge the screen to make sure I am clicking in the star and flag zone doesn’t help.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Ok, so it seems there's a correlation between what you're experiencing and what others are suffering.

Yes, my avatar has a Scuderia Ferrari logo and above it is Enzo Ferrari himself. One of my favourite photos of the founder of the Ferrari marque.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Very nice cars!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes, I've been a Tifoso (fan-atic) of Ferrari all my life. My parents told me i was hooked from the time I was a toddler. Win or lose, through thick and thin, I will always be a Ferrari follower... it is more than the sum of the parts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join