It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praeterhuman greetings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi everyone, i'm "Praeterhuman", 52 years and i reside in the north of Sweden.

Long time lurker on ATS, but now decided to register and hopefully participate and add my 2 cents in the plethora of interesting threads and discussions in this temple of denying ignorance.

You'll mostly see me circulating in the threads and topics regarding to UAP/aliens/interdimensionality, esoterica, occult and perhaps, to a certain extent, in the political mudpit.

I am an "multi-artist" who loves writing (working hard on my first book at the moment.) I am also a long time touring musician (metal/punk) and i do digital paintings/prints. I love the weird, the excentric and the "original", regarding art and creativity.

Some favourite bands, writers, authors and creators at the moment are: Mortiis, Carl Jung, Kenneth Grant, Aleister Crowley, H.P. Lovecraft, Salvador Dali, Terence McKenna, At the gates, Samhain, Styxhexenhammer666 , David Lynch, Jan Svankmajer and Gad Saad.

Long time member of the O.T.O and EOD (Esoteric Order Of Dagon).

Im also an experienced "psychonaut", and a firm believer in the psycho-terapeutic-medicinal benefits of
natural entheogens.

What more. Hmm. I believe in free speech, courtesy, honesty, respect and kindness and and think goes a long way.

A question: a bit confused when it comes to the 20-rule for starting a thread; does this apply to after getting 20 replies in an newbie-allowed forum like this, or is it after answering/commenting 20 times in any forums/threads of choice?

Anyways - Looking forward to speak and exchange ideas w all of you 😘

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PraeterHuman

Welcome!! Do you like Chocolate chip cookies? If so...you've come to the right place!!

edit on 3-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

you need to make 20 replies yourself

you can chalk another off by thanking me for this information, lol,

Oh and welcome

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
U-oh…Sweden & an Artist. I’m gonna say stay away from the mud pit.

Other than that welcome! I dig a lot of metal coming out of your area. You didn’t happen to be a nameless goul in a band from the area did you?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Grreetings fellow traveler. Welcome to this place.

Here's a little tune might get your blood flowing .....

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Welcome!! Do you like Chocolate chip cookies? If so...you've come to the right place!!

Thank you Olaru. Chocolate chip cookies? Well...they're ok, i guess. How about space cakes?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

you need to make 20 replies yourself

you can chalk another off by thanking me for this information, lol,

Oh and welcome

Thanx for clarifying that, UpThenDown. And also, thx for the welcome

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

HI PH

Any advice on finding the path of initiation

And welcome

And thanks for being here

edit on 3-10-2021 by DAVG1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
welcome aboard

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hi There " PraeterHuman ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice Another section of fun that includes how to Contact Staff: make Alerts, and help maintain the General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it desrves, so make sure you've got content and your thoughts on it.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images This is the place to find "the how to's" and what sizes will work for your personal Avatar or Profile Pic.

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS... (BTW, a secret on your Pix uploads, always make sure they are only of these three; jpg, gif, png... a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted).

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

There's a lot of great spots that many of the "mighty fine creative minds" 'like to hang out at, and one of them is the "Short Stories" forum.
Anyway... Take your time and enjoy. ATS is a pretty large place, if you have any questions just ask anyone in staff.

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
U-oh…Sweden & an Artist. I’m gonna say stay away from the mud pit.

Haha, no need for that, TexasTruth. I'm really an ok guy. (Certainly not politically correct or kneeling in the church of woke, though)

Other than that welcome! I dig a lot of metal coming out of your area. You didn’t happen to be a nameless goul in a band from the area did you?

Thank you! Yes, Sweden/scandinavia produces a lot of great metal and punk, and the underground scene is still as massive as in the tapetrading 80's. Quite cool.

You didn’t happen to be a nameless goul in a band from the area did you?

Hehe, no i'm not one of the nameless ghouls. But i've had the pleasure of performing on the same venues/festivals as Ghost a few times. Had a few beers and backstage chats w them. Papa and his ghouls (some swedish, some not) are really nice and friendly peop...Oops, i mean ghouls

Any bands/artists/creators from Texas you can recommend, TexasTruth?

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Grreetings fellow traveler. Welcome to this place.

Thank you Terry, for the warm welcome!

Here's a little tune might get your blood flowing .....

Wohoo! The mighty Pantera! I love the "Far beyond driven" album, some reeaally heavy s***t there. Now, let me counter with this, as a cheers from me to you:

Take care!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Hi There " PraeterHuman ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice Another section of fun that includes how to Contact Staff: make Alerts, and help maintain the General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it desrves, so make sure you've got content and your thoughts on it.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images This is the place to find "the how to's" and what sizes will work for your personal Avatar or Profile Pic.

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS... (BTW, a secret on your Pix uploads, always make sure they are only of these three; jpg, gif, png... a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted).

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

There's a lot of great spots that many of the "mighty fine creative minds" 'like to hang out at, and one of them is the "Short Stories" forum.
Anyway... Take your time and enjoy. ATS is a pretty large place, if you have any questions just ask anyone in staff.

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

Thank you Johnny, for the warm welcome and for the links. I'm sure they'll come in handy. Take care!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980

HI PH

And welcome

And thanks for being here

Hello DAVG1980! Pleased to meet you, and thank you for the welcome!

For starters i would say...practice meditation, yoga and keep a "magickal diary" (this is a very important keystone). Regarding meditation and yoga: Not necessarily the "mainstream" and quite expensive courses you might find online or in your hometown. Instead i highly recommend reading:
Meditation: Aleister Crowley - Book 4, pt. 1
And:
Yoga - Aleister Crowley: Eight lectures on yoga
And finally...
themysticalworld.com...]The Magickal Diary

Be disciplined and constant in this, for at least a year. Then contemplate your work and move on from there. You will learn ALOT about yourself through this, It will for sure set the wheels in motion on your personal path through "darkness" towards "light". Good luck on your journey, DAVG1980!
edit on 4-10-2021 by PraeterHuman because: Effing up code/format

edit on 4-10-2021 by PraeterHuman because: Gahh! Still effing up code/format

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
welcome aboard

Thanks/Cheers, RoScoLaz5

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks

I've rejoined the gym so body first and mind manipulation next.

Already have the first two, have glanced through them, Tbh I'm swaying to the mystical path

Hard work ahead

All the best

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hello! Very nice to meet you PraeterHuman!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think an interesting conversation could be the generational leaps in music appreciation . Not so much to say or prove which genre of music is better but rather the effect that the changing styles have on the previous generation.

I know that the do wop of the late fifties and early sixties was repulsive to those who fought in ww2 and grew up with swing music. And that's not to say that they were monolithic. There were those who loved Glenn Miller and such but yet could not appreciate Cab Calloway let alone some of the smaller combos of the fifties like Slim Galliard.

But early rock and roll was just to much for them. I know because of the discussions going on at the time about how rock and roll was the music of the devil. Oh how so many parents hated it when Ed Sullivan let Elvis on to his TV program. It was just to much for many of that ww2 generation.

Then came the hippie generation and all the acid rock which just would not fly with many of the do wop generation. The Chambers Brothers, oh my god, Satan's music. In-a-gadda-da-vida,, Straight from hell.

Then the rock of the mid seventies seemed a bit of a change for the hippies. Then of course disco. But when metal hit the scene it was way to much for earlier folk. All the screaming and head banging and moshing it was easy to believe for older generations that the original fears over Elvis and company were well founded. Rock was the Devil's music. And if not that dramatic at least a devolution of the entire music system. And of course there was Devo.

Enter rap and hip hop and the picture goes on. Each generation gluing itself to what became popular during the formative years of their lives and in so many cases unable to move on the the music of the next generation.

I offer this as a question to you because you were excited about Pantera. My boys loved Pantera and Metallica and a whole swath of that genre. Me? I just couldn't figure it at all. It took me another decade before I could understand any of it and by then it was almost passe.

Music is a submersive thing. It binds people together. The music of Ireland was the music of Ireland, the music of Sardinia, the music of Sardinia etc. And for generations and generations it never changed much. Families of two and three generations all sat around singing the same songs from their previous generations.

But all of that changed. With each generation finding it's own musical glue binding them to their generation the music of other generations has become a stumbling block to unity with other generations.

It's no wonder our social structure is so fractured.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Indeed

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980

thump thump thump thump.....I find this notion interesting. Just how much of our modern pop music is based on beating it's listeners into submission. I first considered this back in my day, late 60s at the Filmore in SF. ''Blue Cheer'' had a stage that sported an entire array of speakers filling the wall behind the band that blasted out at the audience. While only a few were exercising this trend at the time it seemed to grow on into the heavy metal scene. Thump thump thump. Almost as if there as a conspiracy to beat out any sense of melody or anything else from the fan other than the frantically loud beat beat beat.

I think this may be part of the whole rave scene? Beat out any individuality from the listener. Turning listeners into mindless zombies. Gimme two or three hours of pounding mindlessness. Like total adrenaline fueled escape.

I went to a Metallica concert with my boys somewhere in the early 90s. OMG. It was too much for me. But then a decade later I was walking past a music store and out of the store was coming the most interesting classical music I had heard in a while. It sounded like Bartok for cellos. I asked the clerk what it was and he told me it was a group of four classical cellists from Europe called Appocyptica playing the music of Metallica. I was stunned and bought the CD. And have it still...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join