It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert bad news again what happened no answers in Hokkaido Japan dead salmon dead sea urchins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Hey ATS members, just in on tonight's news.
1. The catch of Hokkaido salmon, over 60% netted DEAD
2. Hokkaido Sea Urchins washed ashore DEAD

This is NOT healthy news for the fisherman and sushi houses.

Was it the Fukushima releasing contaminated radioactive water again into the ocean.

Remember back in March of 2017 , Hundreds of millions of Pacific salmon are missing, presumed dead, along the US west coast amid fears that ocean life are dying in “stunning numbers” following the Fukushima disaster in Japan.

So now on Oct. 2 in Hokkaido another disaster took place.

QUESTION, ARE THE OCEANS NOW DYING OF LIFE ?

sorry, but I guess this is just breaking news , can't find an update on any Japanese newspaper tonight

Alert very bad news again what happened still no answers in Hokkaido Japan dead salmon dead sea urchins

The above link is old, but I had to post some kind of link concerning dead salmon, sorry about that, but this news was just reported tonight on NHK.

Hey ATS members, just in on tonight's news.
1. The catch of Hokkaido salmon, over 60% netted DEAD
2. Hokkaido Sea Urchins washed ashore DEAD

This is NOT healthy news for the fisherman and sushi houses.

Was it the Fukushima releasing contaminated radioactive water again into the ocean.

Remember back in March of 2017 , Hundreds of millions of Pacific salmon are missing, presumed dead, along the US west coast amid fears that ocean life are dying in “stunning numbers” following the Fukushima disaster in Japan.

So now on Oct. 2 in Hokkaido another disaster took place.

QUESTION, ARE THE OCEANS NOW DYING OF LIFE ?

sorry, but I guess this is just breaking news , can't find an update on any Japanese newspaper tonight
edit on 1000000032382021-10-03T05:38:32-05:00383210am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1000000014392021-10-03T05:39:14-05:00391410am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It used to be Mercury killing and deforming the babies born to mothers in Japan from eating sea food. With all the stuff known and probably unknown being dumped into the ocean who knows what is killing all the sea life in the area but IMO it can not be good.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is really terrible, consuming the dead seafood, I wouldn’t recommend eating seafood.

Sadly the food chain is getting mote and more contaminated at all levels.

Recently on ABC FOUR CORNERS there was an investigation into counterfeit horse mince being sold as beef mince, as well as dyed tuna to make it more red in colour.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I wonder what portion is caused by the tides being affected by the moon wobble?

Pictures look a lot like the mussels on coastal BC earlier this year.

Going through articles, it seems there is "Red Tide" plankton measured in the area.

Of course, I'm sure the pollution in the water doesn't help either.
edit on 3-10-2021 by gspat because: Added more info.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with the quakes in divers places, and all the newly erupting volcanoes.

Reminds me of the Bible passage.

◄ Job 41:31 ►

He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

Just a thought.

edit on 3-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe it has something to do with the quakes in divers places, and all the newly erupting volcanoes.

Reminds me of the Bible passage.

◄ Job 41:31 ►

He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking also. We've seen some volcanic activity recently here, plus we just had the typhoon pass by, but the sea urchins is quite puzzling concerning this matter and they are mostly on the sea floor.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Fairly certain it would be the fukushima nuclear water being released again. This stuff happened back there the first time, it will happen a second time. And it will spread to alaska, canada west coast, the US west coast.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

All that radioactive crap hit the fishing fleets from the Aleutian Islands north to even south from Baja Mexico.

Thanks Japan...( Not blaming you!). We seen whole species affected . Or just decimated.
edit on 10214431America/ChicagoSun, 03 Oct 2021 08:05:44 -050005202100000044 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

All that radioactive crap hit the fishing fleets from the Aleutian Islands north to even south from Baja Mexico.

Thanks Japan...( Not blaming you!). We seen whole species affected . Or just decimated.

And all the govt. are keeping quiet about it also. Which is discussing , but we all are helpless at the moment. There is no stopping of containment at Fukushima and the French govt. knew that years ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have been thinking about salmon this week following and article stating that salmon taken from farms or from the Atlantic ocean were not that proper for human consumption because of a contaminant, a virus I think, and that we should all choose the salmon from the Pacific that is waaayy more clean and in good health.

I had Fukushima blinking in the back of my head, but also remembered that when Fukushima began, they also raised the tolerance levels for radioactivity contamination, telling us it was friendly, the radiation...

Convenient, just like when you raise the debt ceiling. Or pushback the goal post of a vaccination program. Or having to pay 10 times what was estimated to any projects.

Just raise whatever floats your boat, it's all good.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It sounds as though something specific recently happened that caused these die offs. I would not rule out Fukushima, but considering that’s not new, and theres no major changes in the situation there is look at alternative sources. Maybe red tide, maybe volcanic activity?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but, hasn't the Fukashima Disaster been spilling 330,000 metric liquid tons of water, daily ever since this first began? I remember watching it melt down, for 10 days straight on Canadian News, in complete horror knowing there is nothing that can be done about containing the leak. Then....silence. Deep and perpetual silence on the matter, cave a few independent sources. I can safely say i never let my self get rained on for the following 6 years( MAYBE 3 times to make sure im accurate), and it wasn't for very long. Then I thought of the futility of it all when my mind wandered to snow, ground water and the food chain. Where are we now? Silence and the brutal silencing of all that oppose the grand master's. Confident in their grand agenda's, dictating , all the while protected in their elaborate life boat's and contingency shelters. It seems as though, all the thing's that have alarmed us for countless decades, are now all coming to pass. maybe coming to a head is a better phrase?
Maybe we should put 2 masks on just to be safe...Or run to Australia. Now that is a country that know how to control this epidemic, right?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

I don't think anything like what you mention would deform gills.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The article doesn’t mention deformed gills, that’s you. What do you think suddenly happened to cause this die off? Do you have a source that states this die off was from the fish all having deformed gills? How could they have grown to adult hood with deformed gills and then die in massive numbers?

I’m simply speculating, not claiming my suggestions hold the answer, but I’m not sold on the claim it’s Fukushima. Chernobyl has a thriving ecosystem.

a reply to: CharlesT

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

This is really terrible, consuming the dead seafood, I wouldn’t recommend eating seafood.

Sadly the food chain is getting mote and more contaminated at all levels.

Recently on ABC FOUR CORNERS there was an investigation into counterfeit horse mince being sold as beef mince, as well as dyed tuna to make it more red in colour.

I have to agree with you. The nature of man is too predictable. There is no way that someone who is looking at billions of dollars of seafood, being completely being wiped from the market, is going to be able resisting salvaging what they can, even if they know that the catch is toxic or contaminated.

I would not trust seafood at this time either.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Fukishima has never stopped dumping, and that may be just a small part of the equation. Ocean temps, cause a very big impact, changes PH, O2 levels, changes when of if species can breed, creates toxic blooms. So yes, the oceans are in big trouble..good luck getting people to get it though, around here, deny ignorance is more of a fashion statement(feels like it some days).
edit on 3-10-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not sure why they dont boil/distill the water prior to dumping.
I was thinking about reverse osmosis before but boiling is easier and cheaper.
Is the core still hot enough or not?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
Not sure why they dont boil/distill the water prior to dumping.
I was thinking about reverse osmosis before but boiling is easier and cheaper.
Is the core still hot enough or not?

Supposedly they are treating it. It looks like they have sped up the release date because the storage tanks are full.

They claim it is safe because it has been treated to remove the radioactivity, but they admit it does not remove all the contaminates. They seem to think that by gradually releasing it to keep the concentration level of the dumping low, it will safely be emptied into the ocean.

It sounds more like they think dumping it in small concentrations will mean that the ocean will only be a little bit pregnant.

Who knows. We may end up with super powers or we may glow in the dark.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It sounds more like they think dumping it in small concentrations will mean that the ocean will only be a little bit pregnant.

That about sums it up I think, generally speaking. I have read many times, although ever present, there are no safe/benign level of radiation.

Who knows. We may end up with super powers or we may glow in the dark.

Probably just get cancer

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Skepticape

I don't think anything like what you mention would deform gills.

I wouldn't have either, but it was shown on tv with a close-up of how the gills looked of the dead salmon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join