It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware ! Amazon's New World can Kill your GPU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There were reports of Amazon's New World game causing GPU problems a couple of months ago during its Beta but now the game has been released more people are reporting New World is bricking 30 series and some 20 series Graphics cards , with the severe shortage of GPUs the last thing anyone needs is a game killing their card so for anyone who has bought the game and are running an Nvidia GPU be warned , this game has problems and could kill your card.

You have been warned , good luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wonder why it is not smoking older video cards?

I am running a 1060 and everything appears to be going just fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I would still be cautious until they discover the problem causing the power spikes and the game is patched.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Oh yeah, it is running high and I am just sitting in queue which makes no sense.

I wonder if we are mining bitcoin for them... LOL

edit on 2-10-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't skimp on your gpu this is a card issue more than anything but it's not new Furmark dose the same thing

It wont kill a well made gpu but that budget card selling at exactly the same price as a reference card it just might

Still if you play new world even with a good gpu I would lock your fps no need to put that stress on your card for no benifit

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I've been playing it on an EVGA 3080ti with no issues yet, max temps are around 78c depending on the area. Played one session for at least 4-5 hours and didn't see issues. Originally it was killing EVGA 3090's specifically and it was an issue those cards.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join