It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These causes of death ruled out in deaths of family of 3, pet dog found in national forest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I was just reading this news story.

The Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the death of the Gerrish/Chung family.
The family was found dead near the Devil’s Gulch area in the Southfork of the Merced River drainage in August after being reported missing.

In a Facebook post, the sheriff’s office says they still haven’t determined the cause of death, but some causes have been ruled out.

These causes of death ruled out in deaths of family of 3, pet dog found in national forest

What is Causing Unexplained Deaths?
So how do 3 People die and their dog be found in the woods with no idea how they died?

The family was found dead near the Devil’s Gulch area in the Southfork of the Merced River drainage in August after being reported missing.

Married couple John Gerrish and Ellen Chung were found dead along with their one-year-old daughter Muji and their pet dog near an area known as Devil’s Gulch, in the Southfork of the Merced River, on 17 August.

fox8.com...

General Information-
As of the date of this update the cause of death remains undetermined. Detectives continue conducting interviews and investigating all potential possible explanations for the death of the Gerrish / Chung family. Many toxicology reports have been completed; however, we are still pending a few key results. We have no timeline for those pending results.

Causes of Death Ruled Out: The following have been ruled out based on evidence recovered or through investigation. ALL other potential causes of death remain.

Gun or any other type of weapon
Lightning Strike
Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Dioxide
Cyanide Exposure
Illegal Drugs / Alcohol
Suicide

hese causes are ruled out based on evidence recovered or through investigation:

Gun or any other type of weapon
Lightning Strike
Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Dioxide
Cyanide Exposure
Illegal Drugs / Alcohol
Suicide
The sheriff’s office says other potential causes of death remain.

Again we have this recent death
Missing Ind. Boy, 14, Found Dead Alongside His Dog a Week After Disappearance: 'Devastating'

The boy and German Shepard both dead with no ready identification of what killed them.

"Detectives do not currently suspect foul play although Jacob's cause of death will be determined upon completion of an autopsy," Smith said in a statement.

The bodies of Jacob Cole McCarty and his pet German Shepherd, Isabella, were found in a wooded area off Interstate 64 in Corydon, Indiana

people.com...

Seems the Dog was full grown not like the first image.

Interestingly the boy and dog were found a few mins from another Devil named area it seems he was found on along the hiway not far from this hospital

edit on 2-10-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Probably something they all ate. Or someone had some potent farts in the tent.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Where's Brian Laundrie ? 🤫

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I tend to avoid locations so named with 'Devil' after watching many David Paulides videos given the wacko world has become ever so more bizarre. Dunno if it means anything yet, but I noted he was a software engineer for Google.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Probably something they all ate. Or someone had some potent farts in the tent.

Well they were not in a tent so rule that out! Both had dogs dead too.

Boy went missing at
September 21, 2021Ceremony, Nature, Rituals, Spiritual Significance, Equinox | Solstice

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

I tend to avoid locations so named with 'Devil' after watching many David Paulides videos given the wacko world has become ever so more bizarre. Dunno if it means anything yet, but I noted he was a software engineer for Google.

Well reading the actions of JPLs Jack Parsons in Devils Canyon and finding events like missing people do happen in Devil named areas more often, it seems I do wonder. we have a seven devils road and looking that name up I find other states have the very same named areas. You will find this true of all the devil named places.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Where's Brian Laundrie ? 🤫

Yes if there is a Brian (brain) Laundrie (wipe)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ive been waiting for someone to post this story. Ive been following it closely, because its not far from where I live. I hadnt heard about the second story.

Im wondering what the final tests are going to show. Im wondering if they all drank water that had something in it. I also wonder if they left any other clues with how their bodies were found, like were they in intense pain, and fetal position? Or, did they all perish together within seconds or minutes. I think they ruled out lightning. What about particle beam test from satellite? Sounds absurd, but, I had expected they would have the answers within days, and I think they may have already ruled out poisoning. Im beginning to wonder if they are stalling because they have no clue, or perhaps, because they do know what they died of.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Im beginning to wonder if they are stalling because they have no clue, or perhaps, because they do know what they died of.

Or are they not wanting to say because whatever it is they don't want the public to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

According to this story:

The Mariposa County Coroner is awaiting toxicology results from the bodies, which could take several weeks. The case remains ongoing, pending these investigations.

Toxicology results and cellphones/social media account analysis are still awaited.
Following toxicology testing, on September 30, 2021...

Hopefully, we'll know something before this story disappears outta the media.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They haven't ruled out animal attack.Remember a few years ago a mountain lion attacked a few people in California,if a animal attacked one of them and the others tried to fight it off it's could have been the cause.But most likely they just got lost and dehydrated or bad water or food.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I tend to avoid locations so named with 'Devil' after watching many David Paulides videos

I was in Giant City State Park yesterday, specifically to take some pictures at Devil's Standtable Trail. I'm glad I made it out alive!

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

I tend to avoid locations so named with 'Devil' after watching many David Paulides videos

I was in Giant City State Park yesterday, specifically to take some pictures at Devil's Standtable Trail. I'm glad I made it out alive!

Lol! You do have to wonder how some of these places got their names. Sometimes they are very nice pretty places.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
They haven't ruled out animal attack.Remember a few years ago a mountain lion attacked a few people in California,if a animal attacked one of them and the others tried to fight it off it's could have been the cause.But most likely they just got lost and dehydrated or bad water or food.

If they'd died from an animal attack, you'd think it'd be obvious. There'd be bite marks, maul marks, broken bones, gashes, blood, etc. You see somebody who was attacked and killed by a bear or a wolf or a cat you kind of see that they have been physically gouged.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner

They were all dead. No markings, no violence. Just dead.

On Friday, the Sheriff’s office released a statement to People with the latest update. While no cause of death has been determined, two were conclusively crossed off the list.

First, they’ve officially ruled out use of a gun or other deadly weapon. That, unfortunately, was pretty obvious from the initial examination by first responders.

Second, and this is a big one, they’ve ruled out any exposure to chemicals they could have come into contact with on the trail.

Still looking at toxic algae but that seems doubtful
perezhilton.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Updated
They were all dead. No markings, no violence. Just dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Lol! You do have to wonder how some of these places got their names. Sometimes they are very nice pretty places.

How many of these places have Bigfoot sightings? Sometimes there is a connection to places named Devil with Bigfoot sightings.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Dehydration?

Heat Exhaustion / Heat Stroke?

Both seem like pretty likely causes given the locaiton.

I'm not sure I understand how they ruled out a lightning strike. They may have been able to rule out a direct strike, but lightning does wild stuff after the initial strike. I've seen cattle and horses get killed by lightning and it doesn't even leave a mark. What happens is, lightning will hit something nearby and it changes the ground potential across the ground. Having your feet in to different places causes current to pass through your body (because your body is a better conductor than the ground) and stops your heart. Several people all dying in a cluster like that is pretty indicative of this type of phenomenon.

ETA - This type of lightning strike has also killed a number of hikers here in Colorado in the mountains. Even worse, it is often caused by what is called OOC lighting, meaning 'Out of Cloud'.
edit on 10/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Many times the Devil is associated with Native American legends and so the place names, at least in the U.S. Great Lakes area.

Devil's Lake (Matchi Manitou) had gotten it's name from a native legend of the Powtawatami leader Meteau after his daughter, a good swimmer, drowned in the lake, her body never to be found. Meteau believed she was taken by an evil water spirit called the Matchi Manitou.

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Meh, probably someone with latent psychic meta-functions learning to control their emergent powers ... and they had NO intention of hurting anyone and even chose out of they way wilderness areas to "practice" what they were going to do to the a-hole "elite" who are intentionally imploding the world to get their modern feudal society ...

and they're really, really sorry the nice people and especially the wonderful doggies got hurt...

er, maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join