It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equalizing Superheroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
We have all seen how, when there's a superhero, suddenly there's a similar superhero with just the opposite gender. We have also been told that gender is just a social construct, so I don't know how this works, exactly, but I don't think enough work has been done in this important area of life.

Our children, the future generations, MUST be pampered to the max., and it would be the worst horror imaginable, if they couldn't have EQUALIZED SUPERHEROES!

I wonder why these people, feminists and otherwise, always leave their work only half-done.

Fear not, for here I am, attempting to at least continue, if not complete and finish the job.

So, when there was 'SuperMAN', soon there had to be 'SuperGIRL' (though not 'woman' for some reason?), so there could be equality.

Batman? Batwoman (or was this also a 'girl'?)!

Spider-Man? Spider-Woman! You can think of almost any male superhero, and they have a 'female version', too. Nice and equal, good work!

She-Hulk! Ok, they just had to change the formula a bit, and for some reason, they avoid the word 'woman' quite a lot - for example, He-Man's counterpart is 'She-Ra' instead of 'She-Woman'. Odd.

There has been 'race equality', as someone has created nice, token.. I mean, nicely cultural and racial equal superheroes, like 'Black Panther' and 'Black Widow'.

(Oh, I was just informed the 'Widow' side has nothing to do with race, only gender, my bad!)

However, when you look at some superheroes... well, have you ever seen these anywhere?

Catman!

Wonder Man!

The Invisible Man! (Simon Storm?)

Volcano! (Ok, maybe people don't know about 'Volcana' from the old comics)

Titanio! (Same here with 'Titania')

White Panther!

White Widow!

Captain Marv.. (wait, there seems to be a lot of controversy and talk about this character, who originated as a white man, then she was a black woman, then a white woman, ..at least they tried everything, so this character is probably as equal as it gets!)

He-Storm! (Another STORM? How strange. Ororo already ends in 'o', so I don't know how to masculinize this name)

He-Rogue!

He-Wasp!

Enchanter! (Amoro?)

Of course we still haven't femalized every superhero or supervillain, for that matter. Making a female Loki was a good step, but more could be done!

How about:

She-Galactus!
Iron Woman!
She-Ultron!
Victoria Von She-Doom!
Black Molecule Woman!

I could go on, which only proves what terribly oppressive patriarchy we still live in! We shouldn't rest untill ALL superheroes are equalized, so there will be a white and black version of them all, female and male version of them all, and then we can start on the asian, eskimo, mongolian, australian... you name it.

If we're to also believe the mainstream narravite on 'how many genders there are', perhaps this work will never be done, but my suggestions would still be a good start towards a better world!

After all, changing words, genders and 'how people think' are the MOST important things to do in a world that's crumbling under the insanity of governmental-corporate tyranny destroying people's access to their human rights every step of their everyday life.

Equality to superheroes, nothing less will ever do, and nothing else matters until this APPALLING mistake in humanity is fixed and patriarchy is thus brought down!

Just one question.. if genders are either a social construct, OR there are about 486 different genders, how can there be a 'patriarchy', which is based on only one gender and its reproductive qualities, and what would be the names of other 'archies', based on all the other genders and THEIR reproductive qualities? I'd like to hear all those 486 different 'archies', because all I can think of right now is 'patri' and 'matri'.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Who hurt you, man??

Second tirade on women I've seen in the last 5 posts from ya...

?

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
007 is a black woman and she's got back.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Wonder what they’d come up with for Amazons?

Chew on that one a moment.....

🤪🤪🤪🤪

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Shhhh, don’t interrupt .....😆

Let’s see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
However, when you look at some superheroes... well, have you ever seen these anywhere?

Catman!

en.wikipedia.org...(DC_Comics)

Catman (Thomas Reese Blake) is a fictional character in comic books published by DC Comics who was initially one of the more colorful and camp supervillains to join Batman’s growing roster of enemies in the mid-1960s.[1]

Wonder Man!

en.wikipedia.org...

Wonder Man (Simon Williams) is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee and artists Don Heck and Jack Kirby, he first appeared in The Avengers #9 (October 1964).

The Invisible Man! (Simon Storm?)

www.goodreads.com...

The Invisible Man is a science fiction novella by H. G. Wells published in 1897. Originally serialised in Pearson's Weekly in 1897

Volcano! (Ok, maybe people don't know about 'Volcana' from the old comics)

dc.fandom.com...(New_Earth)

Volcano Man is a large lava based creature that lives beneath the Earth's surface.

See also Geo-Force

Captain Marv.. (wait, there seems to be a lot of controversy and talk about this character, who originated as a white man, then she was a black woman, then a white woman, ..at least they tried everything, so this character is probably as equal as it gets!)

Was orginially male, as you've pointed out.

Maybe you should look up the whole multiverse concept as well, as both of the big two have shown female counterparts to their male leads (and vice versa) over the years.

I could do on ripping the rest of your post, but Google is your friend whereas faux outrage, coupled with some racial issues, serious misogyny and potential emotional scarring (who hurt you?) are not.

edit on 2-10-2021 by Littlebatman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
a reply to: Shoujikina

Wonder what they’d come up with for Amazons?

Chew on that one a moment.....

🤪🤪🤪🤪

A tribe of blokes living on an amazon nature reserve, wearing hippy garb, who can't change a tire, and who stare at the sky, only ever having heard about women in folk lore?

One day, after a man bun contest, the winner was sent out from the reserve, to venture forth into the known world to get some scented moisturizer, and was awe struck by how woke it all was... women... everywhere, all doing brave things like... changing tires and being CEO of a company.

With his repressed and non-toxic masculinity, he braved his fears, and spent the rest of his life getting lattes and bacon sandwiches for them...

He would be called... Wonder Man...

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

That's almost worth an entry into the short story contest

I mean I'm no fan of radical feminism but you Shoujikina really put some effort into it...

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Excellent grammar but terrible and boring topic

new topics

top topics

join