It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this and get pissed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: 727Sky

The American healthcare system is an utter joke and for profit. I have no insurance and boy do they love to stick it to us without insurance. I looked at some of the healthcare plans on the govt site and they are CRAP! WHY would I pay hundreds of dollars for something that doesn't cover anything until I pay out THOUSANDS! It's a damn joke. It is criminal if you ask me what they do.

I remember when I had my gallbladder removed they wanted me to take a pregnancy test and I flat our refused. I had the ability to have kids removed so it would be impossible for me to get pregnant and they had all of this in my records. I was like you are not going to charge my insurance thousands of dollars for something that is 100% not needed! I ended up having to sign a bunch of waivers and they tried to 'scare' me with the possibilities. I was NOT scared I was annoyed! Our entire system is meant to make money and make you go into debt while trying to stay healthy. NO medical stay should cost what they charge. It is robbery.

yea, go to the emergency room sometime. It does not matter if your arm is broke and there is bone sticking out. Everyone there is going to look up your "hoo ha" like there is gold up there and bill you for it and then give you a pregnancy test . . . especially if you are a transgender female.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

You go to very different ERs than the ones I've been to.

I've gotten prompt and appropriate treatment every time except maybe the one time when I went to an ER in Tennessee.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The amount of $$$ my wife willingly hands over to ins. co’s
is a never ending source of aggravation.
It’s how she was taught to live.
Such a waste.....grrrr

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyadambizness
All of these things seem to fall under the category of "Come squeeze blood from a turnip, you scumbag!" in my uneducated thinking.... Just sayin'................ To hell with these Covid communist scum...

A friend who lost his wife, uninsured they took his home, vehicle and everything they owned and left him homeless.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

All of these things seem to fall under the category of "Come squeeze blood from a turnip, you scumbag!" in my uneducated thinking.... Just sayin'................ To hell with these Covid communist scum...

A friend who lost his wife, uninsured they took his home, vehicle and everything they owned and left him homeless.

Not sure where this happened, but there's more to that story than just that. There must have been other serious debts (like taxes) involved. It's not legal to make someone homeless and destitute as part of a settlement. If they lived in a multi-million dollar, highly leveraged, property they could make them sell it for something more modest, but they can't make them homeless and penniless to the point where they cannot survive.

Well, I guess I should say...at least they didn't used to be able to do this last time I looked. I guess anything is possible today in Marxist Clown World.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Not sure where this happened, but there's more to that story than just that. There must have been other serious debts (like taxes) involved. It's not legal to make someone homeless and destitute as part of a settlement. If they lived in a multi-million dollar, highly leveraged, property they could make them sell it for something more modest, but they can't make them homeless and penniless to the point where they cannot survive.

Well, I guess I should say...at least they didn't used to be able to do this last time I looked. I guess anything is possible today in Marxist Clown World.

Their home was modest he was retired from IBM computer repair was what he was doing in Oregon.

The cause of death was cancer slow and expensive! He ran out of money from savings and they took his home months after her death.
Everyone chipped in and helped him live for several years after her death, that is all the details I know.

edit on 2-10-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wowzers those prices are insane. There is many things about The States that I admire be it your right to defend yourselfs and carry guns, the immense size of your relatively new nation, the idea that anybody can be and American regardless of religion and race, your amazing economy in the past 100 years that has set the standard worldwide and can re-invent itself and evolve like no other, plus of course your amazing automobiles. Yet when it comes to healthcare and costs like you listed then on this unfair scam like issue I'm glad I live in Britain and have our National Health Service.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It. Took. One. Hour. To. Translate.

But .God Bless👍

top topics

<< 1   >>

join